Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: WWII

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 03, 2017

Call of Duty's 2017 release returns to its World War II roots.

Anyone interested in the single player?

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By shivermetimbers

Poll Anyone interested in the single player? (196 votes)

Yes 74%
    No 20%
    Results 6%

...At least they can't put microtransactions in that...right?

As someone who's gone cold off of multiplayer, I'm curious about the single player just due to the features they've touted. It seems less action-packed and scripted than in the more recent games with no regenerating health. I liked the old single player CoD WWII games like CoD 2 and WaW. I know a lot of people here get these for multiplayer, but anyone here just interested in the single player or are you a multiplayer person who's somewhat interested in checking it out?

• 
    rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm always interested in a good FPS SP campaign, but I suspect that Wolfenstein is going to be a more satisfying experience in those lines for me right now. The weird thing about COD games is that they never quite seem to ever hit the 15 buck level where I'd splurge on them just for the SP campaign. I'm not going to pay 30 bucks for a five-hour campaign and a bunch of MP stuff I'll never touch.

ultron100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm one of the few that plays COD games for the single player campaign as well. I usually end up waiting for it to get to 20 bucks. Only one I ever played the multiplayer on was Black Ops 1.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Seeing as we are back at WW2 i am interested. I have zero interests in the multiplayer though.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've really outgrown Call of Duty and Bethesda single player, among other franchises.

You can just see it all coming from a mile away, the level design, the action sequences, it's all so predictable, immersion is zero, because they repeat what they did in 5 previous titles.

Fallout 4 felt like a cardboard world on my desk, like I could see the whole thing from above, no suspense, no thrill, just dull rehashing of old concepts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The no regan health definitely makes me curious about it but I will never buy a COD game this series has ruined the FPS genre and Activision are just as bad as EA.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m always interested in COD campaigns and bought the digital edition with trade in credit. Wouldn’t have paid full price for it otherwise.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yes, if I were to get it later on for a discounted price, it would be purely for the campaign.

But like Rorie said, Wolfenstein is out. And if I'm feeling another FPS campaign, I have Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 but never even played them. Hurrah for too many games!

ImGrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've always enjoyed CoD campaigns and this one look ti be a really good character driven story.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, but not enough to buy it.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically only interested in the singleplayer. If only you could rent PC games.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really haven't talked about the single player at all this time around which is odd, especially since it felt like Sledgehammer made the biggest single player push the last time around so i'm really not expecting anything special here, but i do enjoy the COD campaigns so i'll definitely be checking this one out.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm always interested in Call of Duty's campaigns. They're usually really solid at the minimum.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Seikenfreak

Wish I could get just the single player for $20. Also interested in this one because WW2. That modern stuff is meh.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only interested in the campaign. Sure, its all pretty much been done before but looking forward to seeing it with modern tech.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Between DOOM, Wolfenstein 2 and Titanfall 2, they really have to step it up to catch my interest.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but in a "Yeah, that'll be worth a Redbox rental" sort of way. Unless the game manages to really hook me, it's going to be a blitz through the campaign and I'll never return to it.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm mean I'll play it and probably enjoy it but I'm buying for the multiplayer.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but I’m going to learn from my mistake with Titanfall 2 and wait for a discount. I still felt that campaign was worth the full price, but it went on sale super fast everywhere.

I do know that it usually takes time with CoD to get a new one at discounted price, but I feel like it might happen faster this time around, if the seemingly low hype is of any indication. Going to keep an eye out during Black Friday.

Obviously I’m going to read some reviews first. The whole ”partly inspired by Gone Home and Firewatch” sounds potentially neat.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

I adored the classic Call of Duty games, can't remember how many times I completed them (that Red Square scene still gives me goosebumps) and I was interested to see how well Activision would handle WW2 again after all these years but everything I've seen of COD: WW2 as looked so bland gameplay wise. I would be interested in the single player campaign, but I'm going to wait to read some reviews first.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

yeah, I am interested in the single player. I usually go singer player first then multiplayer mode second. lol

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between DOOM, Wolfenstein 2 and Titanfall 2, they really have to step it up to catch my interest.

So weird (but good!) that there have been some stellar single player FPS campaigns lately. Makes me feel hopeful about how Battlefront 2 will turn out.

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only play the single player portion of those games. I hope that WW2 ends up having a pretty decent one.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll Redbox it. Sounds like a great time for $3 and an afternoon.

I normally get 20 hours or so out of the multiplayer, but I'm not really in the mood for it with all of the good games I need to finish.

GregHorrorShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see such a high level of interest, always felt I was in the minority in enjoying the campaigns of COD more than the multiplayer.

I'm looking forward to this, I really enjoyed the BF1 campaign and it's been a while since I played a WWII game.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By echasketchers

I'm also toying with the idea of Redboxing this game just for the campaign, online multiplayer in CoD never grabbed me. I loved playing CoD4 with a group of friends locally though. The campaign for this could be a lot of fun, I actually like WW2 as a setting quite a bit and we haven't seen it much this generation. And who knows, the multiplayer might be good enough that I'll actually buy it at some point.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

The game has censored swastikas in a bloody WW2 game so it makes me feel like they're going to make it some Michael Bay WW2 shooter and side step away from anything impactful or meaningful.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metal_mills said:

The game has censored swastikas in a bloody WW2 game so it makes me feel like they're going to make it some Michael Bay WW2 shooter and side step away from anything impactful or meaningful.

I think that was only for multiplayer.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to play the single player campaign in this game, but I am not paying full price for the game. I wish they would have multiple versions of the game, and for $30 you could just buy the single player part of the game. I'll get around to playing the single player in like 5 years when the game is $20 since CoD games hardly go on sale.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'm really excited for the return to WWII in video games. I find that era fun to play, like the weaponry, etc. But I feel like I should hold off for the inevitable Battlefield 2 (2018). I enjoy Dice's gameplay far more than Call of Duty games. I'm still interested in COD's story this year, but like Rorie and others have said, no way I'm going to pay full price for this game.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm legit only buying it for the single player. the last sledgehammer one was the most fun I had with call of duty in years and I have a week off so it will be perfect.

I got it for 50 bucks from an amazon sale and gamestop will give me 50 if I give it to them in 2 weeks so I finish it this week and then use the trade in to get la Niore.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By MachoFantastico

Seeing more of the multiplayer today and boy, does that look bad. I hate that it looks like so little effort as gone into it. Looks more like a player made mod for Infinite Warfare at this point, they seem so scared to take risks. I'm genuinely fascinated to hear what Jeff as to say about it however.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#34 FinalDasa  Moderator

I'm a history buff, so I'm really curious to see how COD handles WW2 after so many years away from the setting. Especially since first person shooters have changed tremendously since their last foray in that war. Do they make the same mistakes, entirely new ones, or just make something competent enough to be fun? Or maybe they make something really worth seeing?

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: I think it's going to be more of a 'greatest hits' WWII game than something that's going to be more impactful. They'll try and tell a squad based story, but it'll likely be centered around cliches based around the more famous battles. I personally don't mind it if the gameplay itself has a sense of challenge and levels aren't just opening doors to more rooms of bad guys. We'll see.

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently you can spend multiplayer credits to play old Activision 2600 and arcade games.

Fuck, now I'm gonna have to play multiplayer. :P

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://playonjump.com/

I mean, you kinda can... just not the new CoD game.

@hayt said:

Basically only interested in the singleplayer. If only you could rent PC games.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#38 FinalDasa  Moderator

@shivermetimbers: Maybe that'll be a nice piece of nostalgia for me since I did play a lot of those older Medal of Honor games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.