Call of Duty 7 in Vietnam, Cuba? Wait.... CoD 7?

Avatar image for jjor64
#1 Edited by JJOR64 (19685 posts) -
Avatar image for systech
#2 Posted by Systech (4190 posts) -

Why? We know next to nothing about Modern Warfare 2.

Avatar image for fr0br0
#3 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3252 posts) -

Guess I am now looking forward to Call of Duty 8 being set in the future... But maybe it will take so long for it to come out that by the time it does, what seems like a future shooter now is just a Modern Warfare 3 to that time... Arghh my head hurts.

Avatar image for license_to_bill
#4 Posted by License_To_Bill (811 posts) -

Maybe by the time this game exists, Infinity Ward will get away from Activision somehow. That probably won't happen.

I think it would be good for Treyarch to keep out of the modern setting, and keep doing older settings to differentiate themselves from IW.

I also think it would be pretty funny if Treyarch tries to do Future Combat first.

Avatar image for metric_outlaw
#5 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1201 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"Guess I am now looking forward to Call of Duty 8 being set in the future... But maybe it will take so long for it to come out that by the time it does, what seems like a future shooter now is just a Modern Warfare 3 to that time... Arghh my head hurts."

I bet its going to be so far in the future it will be in the past.
Avatar image for jjor64
#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19685 posts) -
TimAllen624 said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"Guess I am now looking forward to Call of Duty 8 being set in the future... But maybe it will take so long for it to come out that by the time it does, what seems like a future shooter now is just a Modern Warfare 3 to that time... Arghh my head hurts."
I bet its going to be so far in the future it will be in the past."
Like Star Wars?
Avatar image for mike
#7 Posted by Mike (17288 posts) -

It's not too soon at all...I expected that Treyarch was already at work on their next installment to the Call of Duty franchise. They have probably been working on it since the day World At War was finished, just like Infinity Ward was has probably been working on Modern Warfare 2 since 07. Check out the pattern:

2005: Call of Duty 2 (Infinity Ward)
2006: Call of Duty 3 (Treyarch)
2007: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
2008: Call of Duty: World At War (Treyarch)
2009: Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward)
2010: Call of Duty Whatever (Treyarch)

Moderator
Avatar image for jjor64
#8 Posted by JJOR64 (19685 posts) -
MB said:
"It's not too soon at all...I expected that Treyarch was already at work on their next installment to the Call of Duty franchise. They have probably been working on it since the day World At War was finished, just like Infinity Ward was has probably been working on Modern Warfare 2 since 07. Check out the pattern:2005: Call of Duty 2 (Infinity Ward)2006: Call of Duty 3 (Treyarch)2007: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)2008: Call of Duty: World At War (Treyarch)2009: Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward)2010: Call of Duty Whatever (Treyarch)"
That's reasonable.  Just hard to think about it since Modern Warfare 2 isn't out yet.
Avatar image for pause
#9 Posted by pause422 (6325 posts) -

Yeah....its easy to see just by how they release, but still I think most people could care a less at this point since MW2 isn't even released yet. Also, given how shitty WaW was, I'm definitely not going to act like I'm the least bit excited for the next iteration of Treyarchs Call of Duty.

Avatar image for redrun
#10 Posted by REDRUN (1475 posts) -

They need a Call of Duty... ON THE MOON!!!

Avatar image for bjorno
#11 Posted by bjorno (1474 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Yeah....its easy to see just by how they release, but still I think most people could care a less at this point since MW2 isn't even released yet. Also, given how shitty WaW was, I'm definitely not going to act like I'm the least bit excited for the next iteration of Treyarchs Call of Duty."
WaW was not shitty, you are an idiot.
Avatar image for pause
#12 Posted by pause422 (6325 posts) -

What you state is an opinion, don't act like you're right and I'm wrong. Good job though with the name calling for no reason, showing your maturity level when someone doesn't agree with you.

Avatar image for bjorno
#13 Posted by bjorno (1474 posts) -

I am right and you are wrong.

Avatar image for weltal
#14 Posted by Weltal (2304 posts) -
bjorno said:
"I am right and you are wrong."
Nice! This is a great example of the O'Reilly defense/offense/making conversation. Well done,sir.
Avatar image for crunchuk
#15 Posted by crunchUK (6052 posts) -

erm i am losing count of these call of dutys. WHICH IS PRECISELY WHAT THEY WANT. Already some people call call of duty 4 modern warfare 1. Lol do something new and non-garbage for once please.

Avatar image for karmum
#16 Edited by Karmum (11515 posts) -
bjorno said:
"I am right and you are wrong."
No, too bad you are wrong with that idea of being better than anyone. Thanks for the attempt, though!

crunchUK said:
"erm i am losing count of these call of dutys. WHICH IS PRECISELY WHAT THEY WANT. Already some people call call of duty 4 modern warfare 1. Lol do something new and non-garbage for once please."
Like the Halo series -- am I right? Zing!


On a more relevant and serious note: anything would be better than World War II, at this point. Although I don't think anyone is going to worry about this since MW2 isn't even out yet, but it doesn't shock me discussion is already in place.
Avatar image for thekidnixon
#17 Posted by TheKidNixon (1619 posts) -

Wait, so is MW2 CoD 5 or 6? Or is it First Blood 2?

Avatar image for cl60
#18 Posted by CL60 (17117 posts) -
Karmum said:
"bjorno said:
"I am right and you are wrong."
No, too bad you are wrong with that idea of being better than anyone. Thanks for the attempt, though!

crunchUK said:
"erm i am losing count of these call of dutys. WHICH IS PRECISELY WHAT THEY WANT. Already some people call call of duty 4 modern warfare 1. Lol do something new and non-garbage for once please."
Like the Halo series -- am I right? Zing!


On a more relevant and serious note: anything would be better than World War II, at this point. Although I don't think anyone is going to worry about this since MW2 isn't even out yet, but it doesn't shock me discussion is already in place."
Like the halo series? Can you not count to 3?
Avatar image for purerok
#19 Edited by PureRok (4273 posts) -
Tarsier said:
"won't this be call of duty 5?"
TheKidNixon said:
"Wait, so is MW2 CoD 5 or 6? Or is it First Blood 2?"
No. World at War was CoD 5, like I kept saying but everyone kept arguing with me. The developers even called it CoD 5 in some of their early interviews.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
#20 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2513 posts) -
@Tarsier said:
"won't this be call of duty 5? "

Just what i was thinking,yes probably.
Avatar image for flaminghobo
#22 Posted by flaminghobo (4779 posts) -
@OutOfBounds9000 said:
" @Tarsier said:
"won't this be call of duty 5? "
Just what i was thinking,yes probably. "
Jesus christ, I'm tired of all this bullshit.
It's the sixth title in the Call of Duty franchaise, and it is the second title in the Modern Warfare franchaise.
Call of Duty: World at War was the fifth title in the Call of Duty franchaise.
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
#23 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1554 posts) -
@FlamingHobo:  Do you also count Big Red One and the other PS2 era Call of Duty games in that order then?
Avatar image for apathylad
#24 Posted by Apathylad (3234 posts) -

Man, this topic is old. Anyway, I still say Treyarch should get together and make a Call of Duty Zombies game already, considering the popularity of Nazi Zombies in WaW.

Avatar image for flaminghobo
#25 Posted by flaminghobo (4779 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" @FlamingHobo:  Do you also count Big Red One and the other PS2 era Call of Duty games in that order then? "
That's a good point, I never considered that.
Alright: *It's the sixth title in the Call of Duty franchaise to appear on current-generation consoles, and the second title in the Modern Warfare franchaise. Call of Duty: World at War is the fifth title in the Call of Duty franchaise, to appear on curren-generation consoles.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
#26 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2513 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" @OutOfBounds9000 said:
" @Tarsier said:
"won't this be call of duty 5? "
Just what i was thinking,yes probably. "
Jesus christ, I'm tired of all this bullshit. It's the sixth title in the Call of Duty franchaise, and it is the second title in the Modern Warfare franchaise. Call of Duty: World at War was the fifth title in the Call of Duty franchaise. "

Yes,theres been alot of talking about WaW being CoD 5,when it really isn't.
Avatar image for nanikore
#27 Posted by nanikore (2755 posts) -

OLD THREAD! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Avatar image for purerok
#28 Posted by PureRok (4273 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" @FlamingHobo:  Do you also count Big Red One and the other PS2 era Call of Duty games in that order then? "
@OutOfBounds9000 said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" @OutOfBounds9000 said:
" @Tarsier said:
"won't this be call of duty 5? "
Just what i was thinking,yes probably. "
Jesus christ, I'm tired of all this bullshit. It's the sixth title in the Call of Duty franchaise, and it is the second title in the Modern Warfare franchaise. Call of Duty: World at War was the fifth title in the Call of Duty franchaise. "
Yes,theres been alot of talking about WaW being CoD 5,when it really isn't. "
I'll point you here:
 
 @PureRok said:
" Tarsier said:
"won't this be call of duty 5?"
TheKidNixon said:
"Wait, so is MW2 CoD 5 or 6? Or is it First Blood 2?"
No. World at War was CoD 5, like I kept saying but everyone kept arguing with me. The developers even called it CoD 5 in some of their early interviews. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.