Chakan is a 2D action-platformer for both the Genesis and the Game Gear. The game was based on Robert A. Kraus' Chakan comic series.
The Four Portals of the Supernatural
- Earth - The realm of the 'Spider Queen'.
- Fire- The realm of the sadistic Elkenrod, Mistress of Spectres.
- Water - A realm of watery dangers. This level contains many levels including; Spiked Lizards, Squid, Giant-clawed Worms, and Demons. The boss of this level is The Mantis.
- Air- A castle in the air, the boss of this level is The Dragonfly King.
Players are able to complete the portals in any order.
- Balling Mallet - Used to bash through walls and boulders.
- Scythe - Used to combat enemies and slash through webs.
- Battle Axe - Used to battle creatures and break certain doors.
- Grappling Hooks - Used to grapple onto set locations.
There are twelve types of alchemy:
- Temporarily blinds the enemy.
- Causes enemies to slow down.
- Allows players to throw bombs.
- Restores the skull bar.
- Arms the player with the Blue-sword.
- Arms the player with the Blue-Lightning Sword.
- Arms the player with the Orange Sword.
- Allow the player to jump higher.
- Arms the player with the Green-Lightning Sword.
- Reverses the hourglass.
- Creates a passages in certain locations.
- Shields the player from enemies.