Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Worth Buying?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

I was looking out for a free trial but can't seem to find one, and after watching the Quick Look I'd really like to give the game a try. So I was wondering if any of the GB community who've played the game so far, could share their thoughts on it.

Mistergig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mistergig

Same here... But i gotta say its looking really great!

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

It's good, worth a purchase in my book for sure.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't see why you are expecting a free trial from the get-go. Warhammer didn't have one till like 5 months after release, and it took WoW like a year or more I think...

Anyways, I played the beta and I got to level 40, as I said in a previous thread. If you want to know what it's like progression wise go listen to what Jeff has to say about CrimeCraft in the CrimeCraft Quick Look. It's basically the same. 

You will look the same as you did from level 1 and have the same powers from level 5 plus 4 more. The PVP was annoying because basically the other team would all gang up on one person and take him out easily then just go for the next. And you never knew what powers other people had just by looking at their character ( Some guy could be a giant robot and have shadow powers, or some guy could be on fire and be shooting guns).

Overall I would expect the average player to spend about 2 months on it and give up. There didn't seem to be enough content to get people to play even more besides just doing random "Lairs". The quests were generic MMO style (Kill 3 of these guys, talk to this guy, collect this)

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

I'd pay just to spend hours in the hero maker

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Griddler

This and Star Wars Old Republic are the first MMO's I've ever considered getting into

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Babble
    @girdz said:
    " This and Star Wars Old Republic are the first MMO's I've ever considered getting into "
    From what I hear about CO is the long run, I would hold off for Star Wars.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Griddler
    @Babble said:
    " @girdz said:
    " This and Star Wars Old Republic are the first MMO's I've ever considered getting into "
    From what I hear about CO is the long run, I would hold off for Star Wars. "
    Yeah maybe, I'll wait for reviews. I might just play CO until SWTOR comes out.
    SwampWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SwampWater

there's just not the depth that I look for in an MMO in this game. I really like the idea of superheroes rather than the generic warrior,priest,etc. but in the end i'd rather spend my money on a game like AION, where there's too much content to handle.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By D_W

This game is a lot of fun.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By End_Boss

I've been around since beta. The game is good.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By shiftymagician

I wish companies would release trial demos before they release games more often (if possible have that as a requirement in development cycles), so then I can try games out and see if they meet my personal expectations.  Just looking at quick looks or other gameplay videos are not enough to know if the game feels right for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.