Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

Latest patch, what do you think, & my videos on the subject

Avatar image for frenchfriedfool
    FrenchFriedFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By FrenchFriedFool

So the new patch came out last night, with it a bunch of new maps for the arsenal demolition mode, namely bank, safehouse, sugarcane & short train.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of safehouse, as it seems pretty heavily weighted towards CT, and I don't like Train in regular demolition so short train does nothing for me.

Also, was wondering what people thought about the beta so far in general, I've always been a CSS guy, so would love to know what 1.6 fans might think of the changes. Personally, I find CS_Office to seem a little empty with 5v5 in it's current format, but the new take (& officially supported) gun game is pretty fun, albeit potentially chaotic if you throw in more than 10 players.

Aaaand lastly, some thinly-veiled self promotion, my videos on bank & safehouse for those who may not have been so lucky to get into the beta! Thanks!

Edit: Aaaand here's DE_Shorttrain, as the name implies, it's DE_Train, but short!

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Nick

In your videos it looks like you're being randomly assigned guns each round, is that just part of the beta to make sure every gun gets tested? Also I used to play a lot of 1.5 back in the day and I don't see how this game can live up to it's former glory.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jimi

@Nick: It's the game mode, you are assigned different weapons based on your kill count. The more kills you have the harder weapons you get: e.g you wind up with pistols.

Avatar image for frenchfriedfool
    FrenchFriedFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By FrenchFriedFool

@Nick: Yeah, this game mode's kindof a mix of bomb defusal and gun game, has the exact same weapon rotation as the now officially supported gun game (called arms race.) But to your point, from what I've seen and heard, most 1.6 players don't seem that keen on GO since the weapon spread's a lot closer to Source than it is classic. Valve have taken on a ridiculous task trying to appease both audiences.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Nick

Well to be fair, on my part that was mostly nostalgia talking. I played a fair bit of Source too so I'll definitely give this a shot.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Th3_James

I am liking the Beta at this stage, I played it a couple of months ago on a friends account and there were only a few weapons and Dust. CS:GO beta showed up on my steam list yesterday and I have been playing a decent ammount of it. Getting 250-299 FPS @2560x1600 everything maxed 8xAA 16xAF

Been playing counter strike since launching it from Half Life. It's a big part of my gaming life and I have been a regular for 12 years now. Having a lot of fun with the gun game demolition mode, and think the new maps are great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.