Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dante's Inferno

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Traverse the nine circles of hell in Visceral's action game named after the first cycle of Dante Alighieri's epic poem The Divine Comedy.

Anybody else more interested in this than GoW3?

• 92 results
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

I'm extremely excited about this game. I even have a PS3, but I'm going to buy this before I even think about buying GoW. If I even buy DI that is, with the all the good games coming out like BF:BC2, Halo Reach, Metro 3233, and all those other PS3, X360, and multi platform games. 

I'm excited about this game because, even though I have never read Dante's Inferno, I did read this. I found it very interesting, while not true, interesting. So, is anybody more excited for this than GoW3? Specifically the PS3 owners.

zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zigaroo

Here's a similar post,   http://www.giantbomb.com/dantes-inferno/61-24827/so-who-buys-this-game/35-382327/?page=1

But to answer your particular question, I'll be passing on this game for a long time considering GoWIII is just around the corner. Even though Dante's Inferno has an interesting background and story, there's only so much of these kinds of games that I can shovel money out for. If I were Mr. MoneyHats and had all the time in the world, then sure.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By sjschmidt93

No. Not even close, actually.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011

I am, i really don't like Kratos as a character.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Not even slightly, just saw some screenshots for GOW3 in a recent thread and yea..... not even slightly.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By DanielJW

I'm not really interested in either at the moment. I need to play th God of War Collection when I can.

CuddlyKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CuddlyKnife

No room for this game with GoW3 coming out, they're just too frikking similar.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By sopranosfan

I am looking more forward to GOW3 than Dante's Inferno.  But that could change when they both come out.

zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zigaroo
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @zigaroo said:
    " Here's a similar post,   http://www.giantbomb.com/dantes-inferno/61-24827/so-who-buys-this-game/35-382327/?page=1 "
    We don't like trolls on Giantbomb. I can see you are new, but trolling is a big no-no.  You realize that my post and that guy's post are completely opposite, right? "
    I'm not really new to GiantBomb, just small post count. :)  And I edited my post before I refreshed this page because I realized I wasn't contributing anything.
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RaikohBlade

I played the demo for Dante's Inferno, and it copies God of War so much it's not even funny. Even the way he absorbs green orbs is like Kratos. Even the way you hold triangle to launch an enemy is like God of War. Even the quick time event finishers! The control scheme is VERY similar to God of War as well, like I mentioned earlier about the launching. The fight against the Grim Reaper in the beginning of the demo was a ridiculously boring boss fight. It was so boring it made me consider quitting the demo. 

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm not more interested in this, but I will be checking it out.

My brother seems to be way more into this game than GoW 3 though if I can cast a vote for him.  He was really into the visuals and art in the demo.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By trophyhunter

No. Not even close 
    personally I think anyone who thinks dante's inferno is good is a moron

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By MildMolasses

I am, but that is largely because I'm really into the fear mongering Christianity that DI is based on. This is also why I'm digging Darksiders (and to a lesser extent Bayonetta) for the angels and destruction.  

Really, it has absolutely nothing to do with not liking GOW, because I do, it is entirely due to a preference of the mythology that DI draws from over the Helenic basis of God of War. However I still expect to play the shit out of both
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @MildMolasses said:
    " I am, but that is largely because I'm really into the fear mongering Christianity that DI is based on. This is also why I'm digging Darksiders (and to a lesser extent Bayonetta) for the angels and destruction.   Really, it has absolutely nothing to do with not liking GOW, because I do, it is entirely due to a preference of the mythology that DI draws from over the Helenic basis of God of War. However I still expect to play the shit out of both "
    Well, DI's perception of Hell is of Catholic religion, not Christian. I'm Christian, and that's why I find the Hell portrayed in DI to be fake.
    Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Swaboo

hell no

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Red12b

Hahaha, No, just no.
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nekroskop
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @MildMolasses said:
    " I am, but that is largely because I'm really into the fear mongering Christianity that DI is based on. This is also why I'm digging Darksiders (and to a lesser extent Bayonetta) for the angels and destruction.   Really, it has absolutely nothing to do with not liking GOW, because I do, it is entirely due to a preference of the mythology that DI draws from over the Helenic basis of God of War. However I still expect to play the shit out of both "
    Well, DI's perception of Hell is of Catholic religion, not Christian. I'm Christian, and that's why I find the Hell portrayed in DI to be fake. "

But Catholics are Christians.
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By MildMolasses
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @MildMolasses said:
    Well, DI's perception of Hell is of Catholic religion, not Christian. I'm Christian, and that's why I find the Hell portrayed in DI to be fake. "

Sorry, I'll clarify. The reason that I say Christian as opposed to Catholic is that I'm referring imagery and art that came about in the post-Schism, but pre-protestant area, wherein there weren't different sects for this type of stuff to develop from
    cravins90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cravins90
    @ADTR_ZERO: Catholics are Christians.
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nekroskop

I'm so tempted to start a flamewar, but this is Giant Bomb, not Gamefaqs. So I will hold my tongue(fingers)
    r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By r0k1ll

No. Just go sit in a corner and cry. Cry until the blood seeps out of your body and all of your internal organs fall out on the floor, then get stepped on. Also, have a good day.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @cravins90 said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO: Catholics are Christians. "
    No, absolutely not. Completely different beliefs dude. Think before you say bullshit you retard.
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophyhunter said:
    "  No. Not even close  personally I think anyone who thinks dante's inferno is good is a moron "
    Anyone has different tastes than you in games is a moron?  That's a moronic statement.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#25  Edited By citizenkane
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

" @trophyhunter said:

"  No. Not even close  personally I think anyone who thinks dante's inferno is good is a moron "
    Anyone has different tastes than you in games is a moron?  That's a moronic statement. "
    Nope, just this game is so stupid that anyone that likes it is also stupid. I don't care if you have a different taste on anything else.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CowMuffins
    @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @cravins90 said:

No, absolutely not. Completely different beliefs dude. Think before you say bullshit you retard. "
    Sir, you are wrong.

Read the second sentence.
    willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By willylo

The demo peaked my interests and it'll be on my to buy list for sure BUT, the God of War series is one of my favorite of all time and I am totally excited for GoW3 beyond anything this generation thus far. :O  Though I was pretty excited for The New Super Mario Bros cause it looked like the next actual Mario game but was pretty disappointed after playing it :(.

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophyhunter said:
    " @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

" @trophyhunter said:

Anyone has different tastes than you in games is a moron?  That's a moronic statement. "
    Nope, just this game is so stupid that anyone that likes it is also stupid. I don't care if you have a different taste on anything else. "
    Yep, you're a moron.  (Sorry to just go the name calling route, but tell me there's any other way to respond to this?)
    fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fripplebubby
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @cravins90 said:

No, absolutely not. Completely different beliefs dude. Think before you say bullshit you retard. "
    Sir, you are wrong.

Read the second sentence. "
    Roman Catholics are different than modern Christians in practice, but the similarities are there. Plus, in the days of Dante, it was really only Catholic anyway, right?  
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JJOR64

I'm not really interested in either to be honest.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jkz

I'm interested in both, but based on what I've seen and played of both, GOW3 seems far superior combat wise (it just has that wonderful flow that I love in the GOW series), and the story and locations seem much more well developed than the ones in DI. DI looks like it will be good, but GOW3 is in a whole different league in my humble opinion.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @trophyhunter said:

Nope, just this game is so stupid that anyone that likes it is also stupid. I don't care if you have a different taste on anything else. "
    Yep, you're a moron.  (Sorry to just go the name calling route, but tell me there's any other way to respond to this?) "
    well you could say nothing or agree the problem with you is that is has to be all or nothing
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @cravins90 said:

Sir, you are wrong.

Catholics worship the pope and believe he is holly. 

Christians worship God. 

Catholics pray for the dead and saints. 

Christians pray to God. 

Catholics think Hell is a place where you are at temporarily and then you go to purgatory, then Heaven. No-matter what. 

Christians know there is a fine line between Heaven and Hell, and that there is no purgatory.  

Catholics think that being good will get you to Heaven, and then being semi-good will get you there faster than normal. 

Christian believe that when you die, you go to Heaven or Hell based on your beliefs.

Catholicism is a power-hungry religion. 

Christians focuses on God. 

Want me to go on?
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jkz
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @trophyhunter said:

Yep, you're a moron.  (Sorry to just go the name calling route, but tell me there's any other way to respond to this?) "
    well you could say nothing or agree the problem with you is that is has to be all or nothing "
    What the fuck is going on here; please tell me this was a joke gone horribly awry, and you're not really that ignorant trophy.
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophyhunter said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @trophyhunter said:

well you could say nothing or agree the problem with you is that is has to be all or nothing "
    WTF are you talking about?  The problem is you said people who like this game are stupid, which is a dumb statement to make.  People who like this game like it, and that's it.  Calling them stupid is childish and moronic. 

I don't even know what this "all or nothing" talk is, I just called you out because you made a ridiculous comment.  This game gets some much blind and unnecessary hatred I can't even understand it.
    SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I liked the dantes inferno demo a little better but Its close

Coon_Tail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Coon_Tail
    @ADTR_ZERO:  
    um sorry to point this out. but christianity has many different churches that worship god in different ways with different views. there are many like lutheran baptist catholic and others. christianity is just the basic view that jesus was the son of god and was sent to absolve our sins.... so saying catholics arnt christians are different is plain wrong seeing as all other christian religions like lutheran from luther and baptist from john the baptist are based off of catholism since that was the christian church at the time. they just had different views on different things... dont go into this with me i attended a christian high school and college.... u sir need to be more open minded.
    ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#39  Edited By ki11tank

playing the demo and shooting crosses made me go from :) to :(

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By demontium

Could care less about both.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @trophyhunter said:

WTF are you talking about?  The problem is you said people who like this game are stupid, which is a dumb statement to make.  People who like this game like it, and that's it.  Calling them stupid is childish and moronic.   I don't even know what this "all or nothing" talk is, I just called you out because you made a ridiculous comment.  This game gets some much blind and unnecessary hatred I can't even understand it. "
    fine fine I just don't like people that like this game they are not morons I just don't like them, is that better?
    well the all or nothing thing is, you said I hate anyone with a different tastes, which is not true. 
    I don't like halo but I don't hate people that like halo. It's like saying since that guy does not like that one black guy he must hate all black guys.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Coon_Tail said:

" @ADTR_ZERO:  um sorry to point this out. but christianity has many different churches that worship god in different ways with different views. there are many like lutheran baptist catholic and others. christianity is just the basic view that jesus was the son of god and was sent to absolve our sins.... so saying catholics arnt christians are different is plain wrong seeing as all other christian religions like lutheran from luther and baptist from john the baptist are based off of catholism since that was the christian church at the time. they just had different views on different things... dont go into this with me i attended a christian high school and college.... u sir need to be more open minded."  

You could say Christians are the same as Jew in that view. Christians are the people that were Jews, then Jesus called them Christians. There still are Jews, but they have different beliefs as they did way long ago. Just as Catholics had different beliefs then now. Catholicism and Christianity are completely different. Catholics believe people are holly, such as saints and priests for example. Those beliefs completely go against Christianity. 

Yeah, I should be open minded and say all religions are the same. /sarcasm.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By trophyhunter
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

" @trophyhunter said:

What the fuck is going on here; please tell me this was a joke gone horribly awry, and you're not really that ignorant trophy. "
    well I put it this way, would you hang out with someone you don't like?
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CowMuffins
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @cravins90 said:

Sir, you are wrong.

Catholics worship the pope and believe he is holly.  Christians worship God.  Catholics pray for the dead and saints.  Christians pray to God.  Catholics think Hell is a place where you are at temporarily and then you go to purgatory, then Heaven. No-matter what.  Christians know there is a fine line between Heaven and Hell, and that there is no purgatory.   Catholics think that being good will get you to Heaven, and then being semi-good will get you there faster than normal.  Christian believe that when you die, you go to Heaven or Hell based on your beliefs. Catholicism is a power-hungry religion.  Christians focuses on God.  Want me to go on? "
    You're still wrong. 

Mass Effect is an RPG where you can run around freely and shoot guys in real time to your liking, along with preset enemies in certain locations.

Final Fantasy is an RPG where you have to take turns fighting enemies through a menu system, along with random enemy encounters in the open world.

These games are not alike in their practices, but they are still both RPGs.
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trophyhunter said:

"
    well I put it this way, would you hang out with someone you don't like? "

Would I base my like of someone based on if they liked or disliked a certain video game?  No, because that would be a dumb thing to do.

@CowMuffins

said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"
    Catholics worship the pope and believe he is holly.  Christians worship God.  Catholics pray for the dead and saints.  Christians pray to God.  Catholics think Hell is a place where you are at temporarily and then you go to purgatory, then Heaven. No-matter what.  Christians know there is a fine line between Heaven and Hell, and that there is no purgatory.   Catholics think that being good will get you to Heaven, and then being semi-good will get you there faster than normal.  Christian believe that when you die, you go to Heaven or Hell based on your beliefs. Catholicism is a power-hungry religion.  Christians focuses on God.  Want me to go on? "

You're still wrong.   Mass Effect is an RPG where you can run around freely and shoot guys in real time to your liking, along with preset enemies in certain locations.  Final Fantasy is an RPG where you have to take turns fighting enemies through a menu system, along with random enemy encounters in the open world.  These games are not alike in their practices, but they are still both RPGs. "

Dude, don't even want to really get in on this argument because it's going nowhere but are you really comparing the differences between two religions to RPGs?  That doesn't prove anything.  Catholicism and Christianity are not the same thing.  The support of the Catholic structure and the Pope is a fundamental difference you can't argue against.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

"

Would I base my like of someone based on if they liked or disliked a certain video game?  No, because that would be a dumb thing to do.

well excuse me for having standards XP
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    " @trophyhunter said:

"

@CowMuffins

said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"

You're still wrong.   Mass Effect is an RPG where you can run around freely and shoot guys in real time to your liking, along with preset enemies in certain locations.  Final Fantasy is an RPG where you have to take turns fighting enemies through a menu system, along with random enemy encounters in the open world.  These games are not alike in their practices, but they are still both RPGs. "
    Dude, don't even want to really get in on this argument because it's going nowhere but are you really comparing the differences between two religions to RPGs?  That doesn't prove anything.  Catholicism and Christianity are not the same thing.  The support of the Catholic structure and the Pope is a fundamental difference you can't argue against. "
    I'm not saying they're the same thing. I'm saying people who are Catholic and Christian.
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nekroskop

Enough with the Jesus, guys
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jkz
    @CowMuffins said:

" @trophyhunter said:

"

@CowMuffins

said:

" @ADTR_ZERO said:

"

Dude, don't even want to really get in on this argument because it's going nowhere but are you really comparing the differences between two religions to RPGs?  That doesn't prove anything.  Catholicism and Christianity are not the same thing.  The support of the Catholic structure and the Pope is a fundamental difference you can't argue against. "
    I'm not saying they're the same thing. I'm saying people who are Catholic and Christian. "
    Catholicism is a Christian Denomination: Thus Catholics are Christians, whereas Christians aren't always catholics. 

For Reference: 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @CowMuffins said:
    " @ADTR_ZERO said:

" @cravins90 said:

Sir, you are wrong.

In your analogy, what would a RPG be? If RPG was religion and ME and FF were different beliefs, then you get a happy cookie. But, if you're saying the FF ME are religions and gameplay is the the belief, and that the RPG element has nothing to do with your analogy, then you get a frowny sticker.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.