Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Dark Souls 3 Community Password!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mirado

EDIT: By popular demand of two people (and the fact that it was used for Bloodborne), the community password is "vinnco"!

DS3 features the same kind of password matchmaking that Bloodborne did, which allows for easier grouping of like minded individuals. I'm not sure if it makes for exclusive matchmaking or just preferential, but it sure as hell beats trying to wedge your summon sign in a corner and hoping your friend gets to you first. It may even work for (red sign/orb) PvP, if your feeling more...adversarial.

So, if your interested in joining other duders for some Jolly Co-operation/kicking dudes off of bridges, we should settle on a community password. Luchadeer? GiantBomb? Something shorter? (I have no idea what the limit is, but "ihatemyselfandiwanttodie@comcast.com" probably won't fit.) Did we have one for Bloodborne? I could just sub that in if people would go for that.

Let me know and I'll bold the most popular in this post.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mirado said:

Did we have one for Bloodborne? I could just sub that in if people would go for that.

The community password for Bloodborne was: "vinnco." I actually don't know what the password does exactly, but I wish it limited the notes that appear in the world.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm down with vinnco. Don't really see a point in being too clever about it.

I think passwords bypass all level restrictions (at least for coop) but having highly upgraded weapons in your inventory will prevent you from interacting with lower level players. You'd have to leave your best weapons in the bottomless box if that's something your interested in.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@militantfreudian: @milijango: vinnco it is, then, especially since it seems like that's what was used before. How often did people actually use it in Bloodborne? I'm not sure how big the GB community was for that game.

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Busto1299

I'm totally ok with vinnco.

Gundamseeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Review copy here. I can confirm you can play with anyone with a password regardless of soul level.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundamseeds: That's very good to hear. The Soul Memory stuff in DS2 was a confusing mess; nice to see you don't have to jump through any hoops to play with a friend if you want.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wish there was a way for PC and PS4 to play with each other, but I understand that that would be a nightmare to make (and maintain when it comes to hacking). I would like that because my friend is gonna be getting the PS4 version while I'm most likely in the future gonna get the PC version.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to see all of you playing the PC version

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

This goin be gud.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone actually using this?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kinda off topic, but I didn't know these games required PS plus for online. Psn gave me a 2 day trial even though I've been subscribed to the service before which is cool, but probably not enough to see the whole game through. Kinda sucks, but PS plus hasn't been worth it for awhile when it comes to free games.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#13 sweep  Moderator

title edited and thread stickied to DS3 board :)

niyoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyman04: I feel you pain here. I'm in the same situation with a friend for this game and others, like the upcoming No Man's Sky.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had much luck getting summoned with "vinnco". Playing on PC.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people are still in their first playthrough which should be a no summon run (8 hours in and this game is a cakewalk so far). Once people get to their next build or NG+ hopefully summoning will be more active.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's a matter of people not summoning - the password-locked summons aren't working too well. My brother and I tried to do a little jolly cooperation tonight and could not get our signs to show up for the life of us. Immensely frustrating.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai

I think most people are still in their first playthrough which should be a no summon run (8 hours in and this game is a cakewalk so far). Once people get to their next build or NG+ hopefully summoning will be more active.

TBH, I don't think I will go NG+ with this. I'm about 25 hours in and I seriously can't wait to finish the game so I can hopefully put this series behind me. It's not a bad game at all, in fact it's a very good game, but I am just not feeling it.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@ford_dent: May or may not be related, but I had a great time doing some coop with a buddy last night. Worked flawlessly.

The only issue (which has existed in other From games if I'm not mistaken) is that you can't summon in an area where you've defeated the boss. Which is a huge bummer honestly.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad I found this. I'm on PC and we all know how things eventually get on the PC version of Souls games. This is for the PC version, right? Or does it even matter?

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insane_shadowblade85: It works for all systems, but there's no cross play. It also works for PvP; if you drop a Red Sign Soapstone with a password entered, anyone using the same password will be able to summon you in for a duel.

chatmonchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

Anyone up for fighting Dancer? Trying to fight at SL40/+0. PC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.