Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Am I worthy to get Dark Souls?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So today I was lucky enough to stumble upon a $25 gift card for Gamestop. Also today I watched the Dark Souls quick look which got me thinking and putting two and two together. Now I have played Demon's Souls and I think I only beat 2 bosses before I kinda gave up on the game. However, for the time I played it I enjoyed it, and I have heard many say the game is a bit easier than that and the checkpoints really help. I would say the worst thing for me in Demon's Souls was always starting at the very beginning of a level, so from my prior experience would you recommend this game? Thanks duders!

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I have the Demon's Souls platinum. Dark Souls makes it look like My Little Pony: My First Game Edition.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @xaLieNxGrEyx:  I see, it seems like a mixed bag of some people think its easier and some think its harder
    subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By subyman

Dark Souls can be pretty brutal at first, but once you get some decent gear, create shortcuts, stoke a few bonfires, and learn the ropes, it tappers off in difficulty. One of the hardest boss fights for me was one of the first ones, on the bridge because my gear was horrible. Demon Souls gets exponentially harder as you progress through the game.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @subyman said:

Dark Souls can be pretty brutal at first, but once you get some decent gear, create shortcuts, stoke a few bonfires, and learn the ropes, it tappers off in difficulty. One of the hardest boss fights for me was one of the first ones, on the bridge because my gear was horrible. Demon Souls gets exponentially harder as you progress through the game.

Incorrect imo,  Dark Souls gets absolutly insane after Anor Londo.
    SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

I haven't played it yet, but if the distance between checkpoints is roughly the same as one level in Demon's Souls, you'll probably have the same problem.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Nadril
    @subyman said:

Honestly demon souls was the same way; especially if you did like most people did and went to 4-1 after 1-1 to get that sword. 

For what its worth too I find fights in demon souls were a lot easier to cheese. 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Sackmanjones said:
    @xaLieNxGrEyx:  I see, it seems like a mixed bag of some people think its easier and some think its harder
    Not too sure about that. Most people are saying Dark Souls is harder, which I tend to agree with.
    granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By granderojo

@Sackmanjones:

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Maajin

I'm finding Dark Souls to be incredibly harder. Maybe it's because I'm playing with a mostly melee class this time, but yeah, no question to me.

slantedwindows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slantedwindows

stop being a pussy

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grillbar

@Sackmanjones said:

So today I was lucky enough to stumble upon a $25 gift card for Gamestop. Also today I watched the Dark Souls quick look which got me thinking and putting two and two together. Now I have played Demon's Souls and I think I only beat 2 bosses before I kinda gave up on the game. However, for the time I played it I enjoyed it, and I have heard many say the game is a bit easier than that and the checkpoints really help. I would say the worst thing for me in Demon's Souls was always starting at the very beginning of a level, so from my prior experience would you recommend this game? Thanks duders!

i personally think that demon's soul was really easy since you could cheat every boss and kill them with either magic or arrows without dying, dark souls is a bit harder when it comes to bosses but allso more fair.

if your a person who dont buy games often then dont buy this one it will last you a loong time but only if you like it alot. so save your money on something els. if your willing to take a chance and it sounds like it then buy it right away.

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

I have the Demon's Souls platinum. Dark Souls makes it look like My Little Pony: My First Game Edition.

holy shit you got a plat in it, either you cheated alot to get every item by getting people to drop it for you or your really dedicated.

i still need alot of the best weapons trophy and the item trophy, since i after about 100 or so farming runs for that pure bladestone or what ever got tired of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.