Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anor Lando the two evil archers of doom

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By James5955

I've been spending about an hour on this one part and it's driving me up the wall. I've made the tower turn and went up the stairway, killed the two stone guards, killed the group of gargoyle like monsters and the two that try to ambush you after. However after that it seems like the only place to go is up a narrow path where two archers shoot at you constantly. When I get to the top of the path if I face towards one I simply get shot in the back, which seems to take off least 1/3rd of my health. I've gotten close to them a few times but my drake sword seems so do horrible damage against them. I got lucky once and managed to reach the left archer, defended against a blow from his sword and he fell, ran to the other and the same thing happened (though I died by a fake treasure box in one hit afterwards lol). However after another 6+ attempts I haven't had that happen again yet, honestly this part seems to be the most difficult area to pass that I've encountered in this game so far.

How did you guys pass the archers? Any tips?

Also what level were you when you explored Anor Lando? The most of the monsters don't seem to be too bad at level 39, but these guys are just crazy..

Tenryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tenryu

What I did was basically move up onto the ledge then proceed to start rolling forward towards the knight on the right till he would pull out his sword. After this I basically ran towards the left wall while ninja flipping. It turns out that the knights much like people screw up walking on ledges often and fall to their death. The hard part though is the flipping/rolling towards either one while not being hit by the arrows. I'd highly recommend the Dark Grain Ring if you do not have it already, it makes rolling much easier. Either way this part is a real pain, life gets 10x easier once you get past it though so stick with it!

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

You need to ditch the drakesword. If you're still using it by Londo you're playing the game wrong. Also, you only need to get by the right archer, then just keep running.
    Shadowcoust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shadowcoust

I actually did the entire zone with Drake Sword before getting a +14 weapon but anyway, here goes what I did:

Sprint all the way through to the top, head left and kill left archer first. While you're on the highest ledge which leads to either archers, you're gonna have to use rolling to avoid the right archer's dragonslayer arrows. Once you're at where the left archer is, there is actually a pillar that can block out right archer's arrows so fight the left archer in line with the pillar. Hopefully left archer falls to his own death, or just slowly chip away at him.

Then run up and back to right archer, using rolls to avoid his arrows. Don't hit right archer when you're in melee range of him, simply block and watch him ricochet off the ledge. Congratulations, bonfire is just 5 steps away.

I don't know if there is a good enough shield that can take out all the knockback from those arrows, but none of my shields at that point could do so.

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By James5955

@Tenryu said:

What I did was basically move up onto the ledge then proceed to start rolling forward towards the knight on the right till he would pull out his sword. After this I basically ran towards the left wall while ninja flipping. It turns out that the knights much like people screw up walking on ledges often and fall to their death. The hard part though is the flipping/rolling towards either one while not being hit by the arrows. I'd highly recommend the Dark Grain Ring if you do not have it already, it makes rolling much easier. Either way this part is a real pain, life gets 10x easier once you get past it though so stick with it!

Ty, this worked great. I just ran through all of the monsters since I was so tired of facing them, and after a few tries at getting the right archer to fall off he did, and luckily as I only had a splinter of life lol. Opened up that big door next to the boss and left Anor Londo out of thinking I was unprepared.

@xaLieNxGrEyx:

You think so? I figured I may have been a bit ill-prepared to venture into Anor Londo as the Drake Sword seemed to be my best weapon. I went back however and got a lightning spear, freed Logan (I'm a sorcerer so I was very happy to find him on accident) and am grinding souls so that I can level some gear up and go back prepared. After fighting the boss in Anor Londo I figured a bit of leveling couldn't hurt lol, only got the dragon slayer to half health.

Oginam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Oginam

Poison arrows. You can buy them from the merchant at the end of the water walkway. Two shots will poison them and then just wait 2 minutes while their health ticks down. Easy going and no need to worry about falling off ledges.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By AlKusanagi

Just spent over an hour getting past these bastards. I think it's luck more than anything. On mt 6th or 7th try, I just ignored the guy in the left and rolled at the guy on the right. After getting hit on the back once, the shots stopped, so I assume he fell, then I knocked the right off the edge.

Such a freakin' pain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.