Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anor Londo Boss help (spoilers I guess)

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

Hey guys, i've been trying to beat the Anor Londo boss(es) today, I just wanted to know what level you guys were when you beat them? I'm currently level 57 and while I can see it possible, Its a real struggle. My magic is really low, so i'm thinking maybe if I upgrade that, it will may help. I'm currently using Lightening Spear +4 with 20 strength / 20 dex / 20 endurance.

I have managed to kill the fast dude who seems harder and I got the fat guys life down to half afterwards. However he cornered me and killed me. I did summon the NPC but he is lame and dies quick. I've tried to summon other people but it just fails and fails and fails, everytime. Surely its broken or something. Also I really dont want to go back through sens fortress again. That was a right pain in the ass.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By phantomzxro

You want to take out the fat guy first because he take more damage and if you time it right you can take him out pretty fast without wasting too many flasks. Anyway once you take him out the fast guy will grow in size and be a pain but your goal is to stay between his legs as much as you can and go crazy on him. The only attack you will have to watch out for is his lighting butt stomp which does not have a big range so you can roll away fairly easy and run back up to his legs.

Hope that helps!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

I beat them on the first try and killed Smough first with the help of two phantoms.

So just do that.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

@phantomzxro said:

You want to take out the fat guy first because he take more damage and if you time it right you can take him out pretty fast without wasting too many flasks. Anyway once you take him out the fast guy will grow in size and be a pain but your goal is to stay between his legs as much as you can and go crazy on him. The only attack you will have to watch out for is his lighting butt stomp which does not have a big range so you can roll away fairly easy and run back up to his legs.

Hope that helps!

wrong advice! take out the smaller guy first, as once you kill him the fat guy is way easy to kill.

kyteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kyteki

I was high 60's when I beat them. Took down the fat guy first because I knew the attack patterns of the dragon slayer guy (Ornstein). It took me many attempts as well. I used the eagle shield for it's lightning resistance and Quelaag's Fury sword, wearing gold hemmed mostly with havels leggings.

Are you trying to tank them in heavy armor or are you able to move around quickly? Tactic might change depending on that. How I beat them was...

Fight Ornstein as the 2nd boss, you only really need to worry about two attacks if you keep your shield up. You have to dodge his spear grab, which impales you and tosses you to the floor. You can tell he's going to do it because his spear gets covered in lightning and he charges up. Try to roll out of the way at the right moment. The 2nd attack is his air stomp, when he jumps up, lands and releases tons of lightning out his ass. You can back off and then try a jumping attack before he moves away.

Definitely have the NPC around, so he can atleast take some damage for you. I tried to get other players summoned but was so paranoid a red phantom was going to pop up, already happened to be a couple time Anor Londo. Was never successful at getting some player help.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phantomzxro

@Animasta said:

@phantomzxro said:

Hope that helps!

wrong advice! take out the smaller guy first, as once you kill him the fat guy is way easy to kill.

I disagree i did both and the fat guy is not bad true but he has some pretty strong attacks that can almost one shot you well given the OP current level. Also his lighting butt stomp has a much greater range that is hard to run away from. Trust me OP at least give it a shot once you kill the fat guy and get under the fast guy legs it is really hard for him to hit you with his spear.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hilikus

I too took out the fast guy (Ornstein) first, since I found that I was able to get a few hits in on him while the big guy (Smough) was busy recovering from large swings. Though I can see how people would like to take Smough out first and using him as a sort of pillar/wall to block off Ornstein.

I haven't faced off the second stage of Ornstein so I can't comment on how that will work, but if you bring Smough into the second stage most of his attacks (all except his charge and lightning explosion) can be avoided by rolling into him, allowing for a few hits.

I can't remember what soul level I was when I faced them, but my character was melee focused at the time, using Queelag's Furysword (crafted from a +10 curved sword) and a tower shield (I can't remember if I was using the Black Iron shield or had moved on to the Shield of Artorias at that time) which shrugged off most of Smough's attacks that caught me in the first phase. I believe that Ornstein is more susceptible to fire damage than Smough, and Smough inherits that weakness if you take him into the second form. If you stick with your lightning spear, I believe that Smough would be an easier target to take down first, as he is more susceptible to the damage than Ornstein.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By jozzy

The NPC help is more useful than you think, he will help you take out one of them with relative ease. After that, yes he is toast but then you only have one more to take care of, and probably most of your estus left to wear him down. I'd also advise you to take the fat guy last, I found him easier to kill/more predictable. Beware of the butt stomp though.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By McQuinn

Level two ornstien sucks because of the reach on his grab. one shots you.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By bkbroiler

I would take out the fast guy first. If you play it right, you can pretty much separate the two and basically fight them 1v1. Keep at it! It's a tough fight. I think I was 45-50 when I beat them.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Branwulf

I've done this fight a few times including on new game plus, the best way to fight is this in my opinion, if you are a mage/ranged fighter then take out Ornstein first, if you're Melee/Pyro then kill Smough, when the other is super powered their stay away and nuke smough (avoid hitting the hammer with spells as it doesn't take damage) and for Ornstein stay right between his legs unless he jumps up to do hte body slam/shockwave, personally i'd always kill Smough first and fight Super Ornstein as A) It's easier and B) you can then get his armor from the vendor near firelink (where you get the ring of sacrifice), and his armor is very good and doesn't weight a ton like some of the other heavier sets, and I managed to beat them this way at level 1 as a Pyromancer :P.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nohthink

@Hooded: I think I beat them when I was 60 or 62... around that area.

The key is to kill one of them fast without the least damage. Yeah, it's easy to say it but it's hard to pull it off. Fat one takes most damage than the fast one but, I personally believe "kill the annoying one first." i didn't use single magic, in fact, my character does not know a single spell. Get more people if you need them. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to take both of them at the same time. It is a waste of time and one of them heals fully after killing one of them anyway. There is no point of hurting both of them. Focus on one dude at a time. Make sure you have enough lightening resistance. It will get pretty annoying without it. Good luck ma man.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mithical

With a similar build as yours I beat them solo after.. maybe 10 tries? Here's my take on this fight. Smough takes a lot of damage from the lightning spear while Ornstein does not. I was using a Quelaag's Fury Sword +5 to take down Ornstein. I found Smough was always the easier to beat, both first and second. Fighting Ornstein second is incredibly dangerous since it's likely his lightning spear stab/shock/throw will kill you in one hit. It is very easy to see coming but the only way to dodge it is to use the invincibility you have mid-roll. Because of that I recommend taking him down first and Smough second.

It's possible to actually get worn down and run out of flask uses in this fight so make sure not to use any on your way to the fight. You can run straight past the giants in the room before the fight.

Beating any one of them while both of them are up is tricky and honestly I found my success to be pretty random. Try to position yourself with a pillar between the two of them, giving you a chance to hit one without the other getting in your way. When Ornstein charges, he will almost never stick around afterwards. He'll dash back or to the side, so instead of blocking or rolling backward, roll forward or to the side. If you're lucky he'll dash right where you rolled and you can score some hits. Normally trading hits with bosses is a terrible idea but I found it was worth it to take a swipe from Ornstein in order to give him a whack or two. Use the heavy attack if you think you won't have enough time to land two hits. Don't be afraid to break lock-on and just book it across the room to heal. Always get on the other side of a pillar to heal.

Beating Smough alone afterwards is the easier part of the fight, but the fight certainly isn't in the bag at this point. To be perfectly honest, I still don't know a way to avoid his charge 100% of the time. Sometimes he'll bring his hammer up as soon as you're in range, which you can roll away from pretty easily. But other times he will continue barreling into you and you'll take two hits, one from the charge and then one from the hammer swinging up. I was able to block both hits, barely, with a full stamina meter. I have not found a way to consistently avoid both hits. His lightning butt stomp is hard to avoid. If you're caught in an attack animation when he does it, you're gonna take some damage. You want to move away and roll just after he makes contact with the floor because the lightning wave actually takes some time to travel. This is easier to avoid if you play it really safe and only tap him one hit at a time.

Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Syphous

Honestly, any time you have a hard time with the bosses in this game just go human and bring some phantoms with you. Yeah you get less souls, but it makes it soooo much easier. Also, I just beat the game a couple hours ago. Woohoo! Go me!

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Moztacular

@Syphous said:

Honestly, any time you have a hard time with the bosses in this game just go human and bring some phantoms with you. Yeah you get less souls, but it makes it soooo much easier. Also, I just beat the game a couple hours ago. Woohoo! Go me!

This, just go human (you've been saving some humanity up right?) and bring 1-2 phantoms. Of course this relies on there being other people around so give it a try at a reasonable time of day and hope for the best. I beat 3 of the tougher bosses in the game (gargoyles, the anor londo bosses, and the final boss) with the help of 1-2 human allies.

Or if you really wanna challenge yourself and beat them alone I've heard it's easier to kill the spear man first then finish off fatty; just keep in mind that whichever one you kill second is the one whose armor you can later purchase on that play through.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hooded

Normally I would just get a couple of phantoms in and take on the boss. Well i've done that with the bell gargoyles and that helped alot. Every other boss I either beat with an NPC or on my own. I was trying yesterday but it just wasn't working, I must of wasted about 6-7 humanities. It would just fail and fail and fail, it was the same 15 or so people so they must of had a problem too.

I do have an importanat question: Now i've been retrying the boss about 8 or 9 times now, the souls I have been accumulating have are sitting up in the boss area. I now have about 30K+ up there. I have an item that says it will let me go back to a bomfire, so can I use this within a boss fight after I collect my souls? I do have another item that says return to the bomfire and loose souls, so i'm guessing if I use the first item I will get to keep my souls. It would be awesome if someone can answer that, would help a lot. :)

@Syphous:grats dude.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McShank

@Hooded: the homeward bone should work even during boss fights as I used it during the Seath fight because i wanted to make sure i got his tail which i still have yet to get. There might be a problem with it though seeing as Orenstein will pretty much be ontop of you during the fight unless you kill him.

A good way I fought them today (Which was on NG+ and the first time i soloed them) Make sure your shield blocks 100% physical and high lightning resist if possible and just keep circling the room on the outside. Choose who you wish to kill first as it does matter in the end and just slowly chip away at their life. As long as you keep your shield up at all times besides when you take a quick hit, you should be fine. I know this may not work for everyone as I have havels shield atm with 6.5 bars of stamina so I can take a full hit and not lose but maybe 2 bars. Their attacks are pretty simple and if you just counter with a quick attack on the one you wish After he attacks you should be fine as long as you just keep kiting them in a circle.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By TheHT

If you're human you can summon that knight dude Astora (the one sitting by the bonfire in the room) or just summon other players (or both). It's easier to focus on Smough first, but if someone distracts him and you can focus on the Dragon Slayer, I'd do that. After one of them die and the other gets back to full health AND stronger, it's easier to take on Smough than the other fast guy.

If you do fight the powered up Smough, whenever he jumps straight up in the air get your ass away from him. Otherwise his AOE lightning butt slam will seriously mess you up.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By golguin

Take out lancer first and stay light to be able to avoid attackins. Try ranged magic or weapons. The best you can do is to go human and summon a few people.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By CannonGoose

I was having a huge amount of trouble with this boss, I actually thought it was impossible!

My solution was to stop trying and go grind titanite for about 5 hours... Came back to the boss with a better Estus Flask, a Fire Zweihander +5 and a Lightning Claymore +3! Made real short work of 'em. I'm not sure what skinny is weak to (I read lightning, but it didn't seem to do much more than my fire weapon) but fatty is VERY weak to fire. I disposed of his rotund body in about 4-5 strong hits with the Zweihander.

The strategy I used was to kill fatty first. I found that if I killed skinny first then I had a lot of trouble getting close to electro fatty during the second part of the fight, so I couldn't even inflict any damage. Giant skinny I found to be much simpler, block his physical attacks and try and stick close to him. When he does his butt stomp run away but then run back quickly so you can strike before he gets up. And if he fires any electric bolts at you, you ROLL THE HELL OUTTA THERE! Use the pillars (or broken pillars) for brief moments of safety in case you need to heal up.

Even when I came back with pimped out equipment it still took me three tries until I beat them! So don't fret, you'll get there eventually!

Tolshakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tolshakk

Grind out some souls and upgrade your pyromancer flame to +10. Pyromancy spells don't scale with intellect, so they're powerful even with a melee build. Cast Iron Flesh on yourself at the start of the encounter and spam combustion and greater combustion on whichever boss you choose to kill first. I'd also recommend picking up Havel's shield for this fight.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hooded

@McShank said:

@Hooded: the homeward bone should work even during boss fights as I used it during the Seath fight because i wanted to make sure i got his tail which i still have yet to get. There might be a problem with it though seeing as Orenstein will pretty much be ontop of you during the fight unless you kill him.

Yeah it shouldn't be too bad, I will just run in and get my souls, then get some distance and use the item, it doesn't take too long to use the item does it? If it does, then i'm boned.

@CannonGoose said:

My solution was to stop trying and go grind titanite for about 5 hours...

Where did you grind titanite? I used all mine upgrading my ish.

EDIT: Alot of people are saying to summon dudes to help, like i've said I tried and it didn't work, I was trying for over an hour. Maybe because i'm in the Dragon covernant or maybe it was broken, I wasted alot of humanities (6/7) trying to get dudes... it then failing and then losing to the boss.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hooded

@Tolshakk said:

Grind out some souls and upgrade your pyromancer flame to +10. Pyromancy spells don't scale with intellect, so they're powerful even with a melee build. Cast Iron Flesh on yourself at the start of the encounter and spam combustion and greater combustion on whichever boss you choose to kill first. I'd also recommend picking up Havel's shield for this fight.

But that means going all the way back to Firelink shrine. Meaning I then have to come back through Sens fortress. I will do that at last resort, but its a bit of a bitch. I saw someone using Iron Flesh before using fireball. What does Iron Flesh do?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McShank

@Hooded said:

@McShank said:

Yeah it shouldn't be too bad, I will just run in and get my souls, then get some distance and use the item, it doesn't take too long to use the item does it? If it does, then i'm boned.

@CannonGoose said:

the large shards can be farmed from the slugs in the swamp and chunks can be farmed from the dark wraiths in new londo. Best bet would wear the ring that allows your to move freely in any substance and to have the ring that increases drop rates and you can farm the slugs for an hour and walk away with an easy 20+ large shards. I just bought the small ones from the first blacksmith for 800 each since I was farming souls like crazy anyways. maxed out 99 of them pretty easily. The slugs also drop multiple green titanite which is always helpful for other upgrades.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hooded

@McShank said:

@Hooded said:

@McShank said:

@CannonGoose said:

the large shards can be farmed from the slugs in the swamp and chunks can be farmed from the dark wraiths in new londo. Best bet would wear the ring that allows your to move freely in any substance and to have the ring that increases drop rates and you can farm the slugs for an hour and walk away with an easy 20+ large shards. I just bought the small ones from the first blacksmith for 800 each since I was farming souls like crazy anyways. maxed out 99 of them pretty easily. The slugs also drop multiple green titanite which is always helpful for other upgrades.

Oh I dont have any of them rings I dont think. I may farm some just so I can upgrade my curved sword. Thanks.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mmmslash

@Animasta said:

This. Kill the Dragonslayer first, and the Smough. Smough just gets stronger, Dragonslayer gets different.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By Barrabas

@Hooded said:

@Tolshakk said:

But that means going all the way back to Firelink shrine. Meaning I then have to come back through Sens fortress. I will do that at last resort, but its a bit of a bitch. I saw someone using Iron Flesh before using fireball. What does Iron Flesh do?

Did you not open up the shortcut in Sen's Fortress? You find a key for the hanging cages right before the boss (don't remember where the key is exactly in Sen's Fortress) and it takes you right down to the first set of swinging blades. All you have to fight to get out is 1 archer and 1 snake-man since you can just run past the two at the entrance.

Iron Flesh greatly reduces damage you take and I think negates knock down and knock back. The negative to it is that it greatly reduces movement speed (to the point of it being like you're in the water in blighttown), and makes it so you can't roll at all. So it's uses are limited but it can be extremely helpful in some situations. It's really useful in taking down Smough first, but you don't want it against giant Ornstein because you can't avoid his one shot lance grab. I haven't tried killing them the opposite way around yet because I want the Ornstein armor.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hooded

@Barrabas said:

Did you not open up the shortcut in Sen's Fortress? You find a key for the hanging cages right before the boss (don't remember where the key is exactly in Sen's Fortress) and it takes you right down to the first set of swinging blades. All you have to fight to get out is 1 archer and 1 snake-man since you can just run past the two at the entrance.

Iron Flesh greatly reduces damage you take and I think negates knock down and knock back. The negative to it is that it greatly reduces movement speed (to the point of it being like you're in the water in blighttown), and makes it so you can't roll at all. So it's uses are limited but it can be extremely helpful in some situations. It's really useful in taking down Smough first, but you don't want it against giant Ornstein because you can't avoid his one shot lance grab. I haven't tried killing them the opposite way around yet because I want the Ornstein armor.

I don't know of the shortcut but its not just leaving, its coming back through it to get back to Anor Londo.

The armor is bad ass, how do you get it?

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Barrabas

@Hooded: A merchent will sell you the armor of whover you beat second in the fight. I think it's the guy you first meet in the sewers before the gaping dragon and later sits under the aquaduct at firelink shrine. I haven't gotten it myself yet, Giant Ornstein keeps beating me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By Humanity

I was in the upper 60's, mostly melee build, was giving me trouble after the third attempt I summoned the NPC phantom and a real dood and killing Ornstein first we got through it relatively stress free. Ironically we both had pole weapons so we poked Smough to death one at a time literally.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hooded

@Barrabas said:

@Hooded: A merchent will sell you the armor of whover you beat second in the fight. I think it's the guy you first meet in the sewers before the gaping dragon and later sits under the aquaduct at firelink shrine. I haven't gotten it myself yet, Giant Ornstein keeps beating me.

Awesome, thanks. Although it seems like the harder way to do it, I think I will give this a few tries. His armor looks great, dispite its stats, I will be wearing it. If its too hard then i'll try the other way.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nitrocore

It took me at least 20 tries to beat those guys and your character seemed similar to how mine was. Carry on doing everything you did in your description, except when it comes to the fat guy, what you want to do is get him behind a pillar stump and keep him there, keep moving around and make sure he doesn't get around the pillar. When he attacks, jump back, and if you're quick enough you should be able to run in and hit him once with your spear, rinse and repeat, making sure you keep the pillar inbeteen you and him at all times, except when you run in and hit him., hope this helps.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hooded

Man fuck this game. Just lost my 30K souls. Bring on Battlefield.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By caska

I just beat these dudes with the help of an NPC and some guy in his undies (I went for this guy because if he doesn't have any armour on he obviously know what he's doing right?). Fight wasn't so bad really. It was my fourth attempt and I had the armour you get from Ceaseless Discharge on as well as the Eagle Shield and Quelaag +3 and Lightning Winged Spear +3. The first time I managed killing Smough first but Ornstein's faster butt smashes wasted me. So I went and got some chewed up some humanity and got some help. It took me about ten minutes to actually summon someone but I did notice something. All the people I tried to summon had their summon sign on the ground prior to my arrival there. So what I'm thinking is that it's the person on the other end who's just tried another 'server' if you will. As in they cancelled it and started it again. Because I found the guy in his undies pop up and immediately jumped on the summon and turns out he came in just a few seconds.

Anyway on to the boss fight. Solaire's actually really good in this fight. Whichever person you choose to start attacking first he'll go and annoy the other guy. So really in the first stage you shouldn't really be getting hit at all. If you haven't already done it you probably should kindle the closest bonfire for the extra 5 flasks. But yea Smough's pretty easy once you kill Ornsetin. His attacks are pretty much the same. He'll have his swipe attack, big overhand, rush and butt bash. So it was easy for me to just run around, slash, run back and just whittle away at his health.

To be completely honest though the fucking titanite demon just next door killed me more times than these guys. I was literally stuck trying to kill that fucker for hours yesterday and today so you can obviously tell I'm not very good at this game..... Mind you I didn't do the range attack it from above method because I read somewhere you wouldn't get the shards that way.

Oh and dude 30k souls is not really much of a biggy. I mean you get 900 from each silver knight kill in Anor Londo and they have to be some of the easiest guys to kill.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By TobbRobb

I was low 50s or high 40s, not sure, Used Quelaags Furysword +5, Eagle Shield +8 and had 30 something DEX.

The way I did it was, I locked on to Ornstein and kept my shield up, then I took large circles around the room to make them follow me. After a while they will separate and you can start wailing on the small fucker, rinse repeat.

When Smough go SuperSmough, you need to get as many hits in as you can when he is vulnerable and RUN THE FUCK AWAY, at the slightest little wind up. His lightning attack will annihilate you if you're not extraorinarilly careful.

That the way I did it solo, not sure how it would work with summons, since I have yet to try one.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@Hooded said:

Hey guys, i've been trying to beat the Anor Londo boss(es) today, I just wanted to know what level you guys were when you beat them? I'm currently level 57 and while I can see it possible, Its a real struggle. My magic is really low, so i'm thinking maybe if I upgrade that, it will may help. I'm currently using Lightening Spear +4 with 20 strength / 20 dex / 20 endurance.

I have managed to kill the fast dude who seems harder and I got the fat guys life down to half afterwards. However he cornered me and killed me. I did summon the NPC but he is lame and dies quick. I've tried to summon other people but it just fails and fails and fails, everytime. Surely its broken or something. Also I really dont want to go back through sens fortress again. That was a right pain in the ass.

Hey man, I finally got them today solo. My soul lev was 35-40 ish w/ lightning spear + 3.

I killed the fast dude first, then w/fatman, i made a tactic where i would bait him into swinging, then roll in, one or two stab (NEVER get cocky) roll out :)

20 or so times and i walk out a winner :D

MatCauthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MatCauthon

Most of you are missing the point. Which of the two being easier after you kill the first and he berzerks is a non issue. It all depends on the Soul, and therefore the Boss Weapon, you want to create and which armor of the two you want Domnhall of Zena to sell you this play through.

I personally summoned a few phantoms and took Ornstien down first. As I'm upgrading my Giants set to +5, Smough's is actually the best armor I can wear. I'm not using SMough's Hammer, however, so I cannot say whether that is the best soul to choose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.