Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Easy way to kill all three Black Knights in Undead Burg/Parish

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

So I figured out a way to exploit the enemy AI to kill all three Black Knights in the starting areas of the game, the knights in question being the one guarding the Blue Tearstone Ring in Undead Burg, the knight in the tower above the dragon in Undead Perish, and the knight in the depths of the tower below the Taurus Demon boss battle.

Basically, you can lead each and every one of these knights to a specific spot in Undead Burg that will cause them to but out and basically run in place while you plant a shit load of arrows in the back of their head.

That being said, stock up on arrows before doing this because once you've engaged a knight you won't be able to leave your perch until he is dead as he will hunt you the fuck down and shove a bastard sword up your ass.

The point you will be leading them too in in the middle of the Undead Berg section of the castle right before the Taurus Demon boss fight. The area you are looking for is the makeshift terrace where hollowed undead are throwing down firebombs onto the bridge that connects the bonfire to the rest of the area, I'm sure you're well acquinted with it. This area can be accessed by a ladder on the building behind it near where three hollowed undead are standing in a group. Once you get up on top of it you'll notice a balcony to your left with a small wall around it. You will need to roll over the wall to get on the balcony and then move all the way to the end of it.

This is your sniping position.

You will have to engage each Black Knight and then lead them back here, needless to say you should clear out the way of enemies before doing so. All three knights can be exploited this way, even the the on in the dragon tower despite what may seem like a very very long walk.

Each knight will take around 11-13 damage per arrow, assuming you are low level and depending on your Dex, if you hit them in the back, if you hit them in the front each arrow will deal only 1 damage. Their movement behavior is incredible sporadic as this is basically a bug, so you are bound to miss a few shots and plant several arrows in their shields, pack accordingly.

Using this method you can easily kill all three knights and gain access to the Blue Tearstone ring, the tower to kill dragon, and whatever is in that tower because I unlocked it with a master key on another character and he killed me so I never found out.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By gla55jAw

@LordXavierBritish said:

So I figured out a way to exploit the enemy AI to kill all three Black Knights in the starting areas of the game, the knights in question being the one guarding the Blue Tearstone Ring in Undead Burg, the knight in the tower above the dragon in Undead Perish, and the knight in the depths of the tower below the Taurus Demon boss battle.

Basically, you can lead each and every one of these knights to a specific spot in Undead Burg that will cause them to but out and basically run in place while you plant a shit load of arrows in the back of their head.

That being said, stock up on arrows before doing this because once you've engaged a knight you won't be able to leave your perch until he is dead as he will hunt you the fuck down and shove a bastard sword up your ass.

The point you will be leading them too in in the middle of the Undead Berg section of the castle right before the Taurus Demon boss fight. The area you are looking for is the makeshift terrace where hollowed undead are throwing down firebombs onto the bridge that connects the bonfire to the rest of the area, I'm sure you're well acquinted with it. This area can be accessed by a ladder on the building behind it near where three hollowed undead are standing in a group. Once you get up on top of it you'll notice a balcony to your left with a small wall around it. You will need to roll over the wall to get on the balcony and then move all the way to the end of it.

This is your sniping position.

You will have to engage each Black Knight and then lead them back here, needless to say you should clear out the way of enemies before doing so. All three knights can be exploited this way, even the the on in the dragon tower despite what may seem like a very very long walk. Each knight will take around 11-13 damage per arrow, assuming you are low level and depending on your Dex, if you hit them in the back, if you hit them in the front each arrow will deal only 1 damage. Their movement behavior is incredible sporadic as this is basically a bug, so you are bound to miss a few shots and plant several arrows in their shields, pack accordingly. Using this method you can easily kill all three knights and gain access to the Blue Tearstone ring, the tower to kill dragon, and whatever is in that tower because I unlocked it with a master key on another character and he killed me so I never found out.

Or you can just get the Drake sword and kill them in about 3-4 attacks.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WickedCestus

I'm really glad that I haven't been using any of these exploits. It seems like it would suck a lot of the fun out of the game; it would for me at least. I love the satisfaction of killing really hard enemies just by relying on pure skill. I killed two of the knights before even getting the Drake sword, I just poked them to death with my regular-ass spear. Very satisfying.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Nux

I just hit them with the Drake sword till they died.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @gla55jAw: I am not good at playing Dark Souls.

I am good at exploiting the bad AI in Dark Souls.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Donos

@LordXavierBritish said:

@gla55jAw: I am not good at playing Dark Souls. I am good at exploiting the bad AI in Dark Souls.

This means you are good at playing Dark Souls

Also, for someone who killed the Black Knight, can you tell me what the reward is? I accidentally fell off a cliff and the one I found followed me down, so I'm not sure what I should've gotten for it.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @Donos said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@gla55jAw: I am not good at playing Dark Souls. I am good at exploiting the bad AI in Dark Souls.

Also, for someone who killed the Black Knight, can you tell me what the reward is? I accidentally fell off a cliff and the one I found followed me down, so I'm not sure what I should've gotten for it.

It's just 600 souls and whatever it is guarding. They usually guard treasure but not always.
    MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MezZa

You mentioned parish in the title, how are you exploiting the one there? I hope you aren't leading it all the way back to that ladder, cause its way easier to just backstab.

@Donos: They can drop their gear (sword and shield for the one in undead burg i think) as well as a titanite chunk. Or not. It's luck and you only have one shot at it for most of the black knights. Just make sure Havel (the guy behind the locked door at the bottom of the tower that leads to the taurus demon) doesn't fall off if you lead him out. His ring is well worth the annoying "1 hit and your dead" fight.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Doctorchimp

I just got them there and then I did a dropping attack about 5 times

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DaemonBlack

If you are a pyromancer it is very easy to kill them as well. Simply backpedal while "charging" your spell and about 6-7 fireballs later they die.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By MetalBaofu

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Donos said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

It's just 600 souls and whatever it is guarding. They usually guard treasure but not always.

They can drop their weapon too, but not always. The first one I manged to kill was one in the forest and he dropped a black knight halberd for me. My stats aren't good enough for me to use it yet, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.