Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Gargoyles

Avatar image for sodapopninjawon
    sodapopninjawon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sodapopninjawon

I cant beat the two gargoyles on top of the church. I just cant. i cant throw fire because it leaves me open to attack. i cant get up close because the other breathes fire. At a point i almost killed one but ended up sliced to death. Please any help would be appreciated.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

The drake sword is broken as hell for that fight, I used that and did regular rolls and stabs in the back, be really aggressive and try to finish one before the other even comes. If you have to fight them both, focus one of them down quickly.

razorzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By razorzxz

Rolling a lot helps. Just focus on one and get behind it, after getting one of them the rest is a piece of cake.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You could become human and summon a partner to help you.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KESSLER, I CHOOSE YOUUUUUU

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Did you happen to pick up that gold resin? Its lightning for your weapon and it will mess them up bad.
    Either get that (locked door above the first black knight in the burg, use residence key from merchant) or summon someone to help.
    Its a painfull fight otherwise, in which your best bet is running and evading till they both breath fire and you can get a hit or two in on the weak one since they're busy breathing.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By strainedeyes

Go to the bonfire and become human, than go up to just before the fog door and summon the NPC there to help you.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Sanious

It can be tough when you have to fight 2 of them, unfortunately I had to. If you can't beat the first one off quick enough, you really have to be patient and pick your shots at that point. Roll around and run away as much as you need, there will be times when they will be far enough where you can't take a shot or 2. When you have one down it's pretty much a done deal.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MezZa

Go up to the fight as a human and summon Solaire to help you. He'll draw at least one gargolyes attention pretty much at all times. Try to finish the fight before he dies if you want to get the Sun Medal though. Also, use the gold resin from undead burg to boost your damage. Upgrading your weapon at the blacksmith also helps a ton, and it doesn't take too long.

Avatar image for sodapopninjawon
    sodapopninjawon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sodapopninjawon

OK i beat it. I summoned Solaire and it made the battle significantly easier. Im gonna take a break and get the gold resin tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.