Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I hit the guy stuck in a barrel in depths. How screwed am I?

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ImpendingFoil

He is still alive but it now constantly trying to kill me. Unless there is a way to get an NPC not to hate you anymore I am pretty sure I am going to have to kill him. I like to think that all NPCs are important so who am I about to kill and how completely dicked over will I be once I do kill him?

This game is still wonderful though.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jetsetwillie

i've had to restart twice due to accidently hitting vendors. fucked me right off.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

He sells pyromancies so if you're one you could be pretty fucked...

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Aishan

Laurentius is a Pyromancy trainer, if you don't plan on using pyromancy at all, you should be alright. But Pyromancy rocks, so don't kill him just yet.

You can calm him down by paying for Absolution by talking to Oswald of Carim in the bell tower at the Undead Parish. It is extremely pricey - your Soul Level multiplied by 2000, but it is a recourse.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

get absolution from the guy at the church then he'll be friendly again.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cincaid

@ImpendingFoil:

He's a Pyromancer trainer/vendor. If you're not into that just kill him. Otherwise go to where you rang the first bell, in that tower there's a NPC that can "remove sins" for souls. I think it's 2,000 souls x your level (so if you're level 20 it'll cost 40,000 souls).

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpendingFoil

@Cincaid said:

@ImpendingFoil:

He's a Pyromancer trainer/vendor. If you're not into that just kill him. Otherwise go to where you rang the first bell, in that tower there's a NPC that can "remove sins" for souls. I think it's 2,000 souls x your level (so if you're level 20 it'll cost 40,000 souls).

Fucking balls. I am exactly level 20 so time to start grinding away.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aishan

@ImpendingFoil: Just so you know, if you avoid him and go finish the Depths, the boss down there gives a tidy 25,000.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I hit his barrel too, trying to save him. He didn't like it and attacked me, so I had to take his ass down. Sucks that I can't use his pyros, but I'm mainly a melee character anyway.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mmmslash

Also, for the record, there are other NPC trainers and vendors for Pyromancy. Firelink is the most convenient at first, but once you get the Lordvessel you can warp to the Daughter of Chaos, and the eggburdened down there does the same thing. Even more, once you get your Pyromancy Glove to +10, you unlock the high-tier pyromancy trainer down in Blighttown. Both of these NPC's do everything the Depths guy does, and more.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Marz: will that work for all vendors

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aishan

@Mmmslash said:

Also, for the record, there are other NPC trainers and vendors for Pyromancy. Firelink is the most convenient at first, but once you get the Lordvessel you can warp to the Daughter of Chaos, and the eggburdened down there does the same thing. Even more, once you get your Pyromancy Glove to +10, you unlock the high-tier pyromancy trainer down in Blighttown. Both of these NPC's do everything the Depths guy does, and more.

The guy at Firelink is Laurentius, he only appears there after you rescue him from the Depths. Unless you started as a Pyromancer, he is the only person who will give you the glove.

No Laurentius, no Pyromancy.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImpendingFoil

@Aishan:

Thanks for the info. I'll be grinding away tonight when I get home from work.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By probablytuna

Wait, is the guy stuck in a barrel in the second floor of the church at Undead Parish also an NPC? He looks like an undead and I didn't want to attack him cause I was afraid he is an important character.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aishan

@probablytuna: No, there's a few corpses in barrels that drop items when you break the barrel. If you're ever worried it's an NPC, just roll into the barrel and break it without any risk to an NPC.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By probablytuna

@Aishan said:

@probablytuna: No, there's a few corpses in barrels that drop items when you break the barrel. If you're ever worried it's an NPC, just roll into the barrel and break it without any risk to an NPC.

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't find anything on the wikis cause I didn't know how to describe him or what his name is if he was actually an NPC.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#17  Edited By jaqen_hghar

@probablytuna: No, that is a dead body. But you should as a rule roll into barrels instead.

I managed to kill the Eggburdened when I found him (thought he was an enemy when I was peeking around a bit after killing the Spider), so that guy is out. And I managed to answer the wrong thing when Laurentius asked me something, so he went to Blight Town and turned Hollow. Damn me for not paying attention when speaking to him. So I am stuck with a +2 glove. Luckily I am not a Pyromancer, but would be cool to have some better fire spells.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Barrabas

No one's mentioned it yet, but Laurentius is the guy who sells Iron Flesh. I'm a Warrior and I upgraded my guys intelligence just enough to get 1 attunment slot so I could use that. It's an incredably useful spell.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mmmslash

@Aishan said:

@Mmmslash said:

The guy at Firelink is Laurentius, he only appears there after you rescue him from the Depths. Unless you started as a Pyromancer, he is the only person who will give you the glove.

No Laurentius, no Pyromancy.

That isn't true. Eiginy (egg-burdened guy) will give you a glove if you have an Intelligence of 12 or higher.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Is there a good place for a level 20 to grind out souls?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By McShank

@ImpendingFoil: You can resolve your sins with the belltower merchant for 200k+ souls. You dont need him but if you want to get all the pyromancies you need him as he is the only one who sells iron flesh and you dont get to the master trainer till after you kill queelagg OR after you start upgrading your pyro flame with him.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By caska

You could get 20k buy the Crest from the blacksmith near the church and do the forest trick, which is basically getting enemies to follow you and making them fall of a cliff instead of fighting them. Nets you around 6k per few minutes with the bonfire just next door. It's also close to where you need to get to so worth a try? Depends on how you feel though. I did it for a bit but in the end I don't think I'll use it again unless I absolutely had to. Just makes you feel a bit cheap :P

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By nohthink

@ImpendingFoil: If you're a pyromancer, you're in a big trouble. If you're not, don't worry about it.

Lancezh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lancezh

@ImpendingFoil: Just keep playing and finish a boss or two then you have the 40k in no time. Finish the Dragon in the Depths and you get 15k for coop or 25k for alone killing him (he's rather easy actually) and you're almost there... grinding small mobs to 40k is awfull

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By bkbroiler

Curse frogs drop 300 souls a pop I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.