Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Its tuesday and amazon has yet to *Ship* my copy of Dark souls.

• 73 results
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By McShank

its 2:31, status is still "Not shipped" and amazon hasn't responded to my emails. Canceled the order, went to fred meyers, bought it and got a gift card from them.. at least one store chain around me has the things i want! to bad they said that namco wouldn't send them CE.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Turambar

Just got home, saw that Amazon still has the game on "shipping soon". Decided to hop over to Best Buy and buy it there (I don't really need the CE edition). Gets home, tries to cancel the Amazon shipment, and it gives me an error telling me to try again in a few minutes. I love how the game is spiting me on day one before even loading it up.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DougQuaid

Hmm.. I guess now I know why I couldn't pre order this with release-date delivery yesterday morning.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By eroticfishcake

The $20 credit compensation from Amazon is nice of them but damn, must really suck for those who pre-ordered. Hope things work out for the best for those who pre-ordered. On the up-side, at least it's nice to know that it's getting really high demands. It's not often you hear that about a From Software game.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I just emailed Amazon regarding the supply problem. Hopefully I manage to snag the Collector's Edition.

EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By EToaster

Mine shipped yesterday, and says it'll be here today, but I'm still waiting for UPS to show up, and the delivery status on Amazon hasn't updated since 10 PM EDT last night. I should really just preorder locally for stuff I know I'm going to want ASAP.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

When did you guys who aren't getting it today put in your orders? I just checked and I ordered it on September 2nd, and the tracking says it's in my front door RIGHT NOW (can't wait to get off work).

Colemang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Colemang

buddy of mine has the same issue.  he ordered the CE as well.  he emailed amazon.  here's what they said:

Amazon:

"Hello,

I see the estimated delivery dates for your order were revised after you placed your order. We normally notify customers when delays like this occur, and I'm really sorry you didn't receive an e-mail in this case.

"Dark Souls" has proven to be a very popular item. We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun receiving copies from our suppliers. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

We expect to ship your order in the next few business days. On the date of shipment, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

When we ship your order, we'll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents, and tracking number."

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Wow hearing that it had a high demand is really fricken awesome, I mean it sucks that my order was delayed, but it is awesome for From Software. Hope it does well for them.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Awesome, Amazon just emailed me back and told me that I will be receiving the Collector's Edition. Now i just have to wait until Friday.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By strainedeyes

I ordered it on Oct. 3rd with one-day shipping (release date was no long available). It was originally estimated for the 6th, but I got an email a few hours ago saying it shipped and should be here tomorrow.

The CE looks like a bunch of junk I'll never look at, so I'm just happy the game is on its way.

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By KinjiroSSD

I got the same email about delayed shipment. They refunded the shipping cost. At this point, I could care less about the CE and just want the game.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I know a couple guys who pre-ordered the special edition but they got the regular edition. It's messed up!

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I just got my email for shipping confirmation for tomorrow and a refund on my $0.99.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @TwoLines said:

Send an email or contact them by other means. They have a great customer support.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Seesic

Yeah I had this problem and emailed them too, they said for me it was a problem with shipping and my CE copy will be here friday. At least it should be here by the weekend.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Kind of a Catherine situation going on here. Two niche(?), highly anticipated, 2011 Japanese titles with supply problems.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Soooo... Anyone else's copy still not fucking shipped from Amazon? I wasn't too mad about it not being here on the 4th or 5th... but here it is, midnight of the 6th and STILL hasn't shipped. Getting fucking mad.

Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Godak

I got my Collector's Edition from Amazon. I'm saving it for Winter Break. My college classes will steadily become more work intensive, so I really don't want to dedicate my time to something that I know will come between me and school work. I figure I'll have weeks and weeks to play it, though, with no other obligations. I'm sure I can catch up.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By Marz

I got my copy yesterday, a day after release date delivery.  Sort of did an unboxing... it's really nothing too special, the art book is cool though.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By handlas

I just got an email from Amazon saying "We see you were unable to purchased the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls...here's a 20 dollar gift card"

I didn't even want the CE Edition. Fuck I love Amazon. You bash Amazon? Let's fight to the death a-holes!

Odeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Odeeze

yeah i got the free shipping which is way better for me then getting it on time since the free shipping saves me 25 bucks :D :D:D

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mfpantst

Hey guys UPS guy just delivered my collectors edition- so if you all ordered and were wondering when it would arrive, I guess todayish?

@handlas: Also, if you or anyone wants ze download code from my collectors edition I'll give it up. let me know and I'll pm it to someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.