Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I've hit a brick wall. *Slight spoilers*

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Okay, I know this is a hard game. Dark souls has proven to me many times that it can be an insanely tough game but I am completely stuck on this part of the game.

I am SL 41 and I just beat Ceaseless Discharge. After defeating the boss a new path opens up that is guarded by 5 taurus demons! Even when I lure them out one at a time I just can't seem to beat any of them. Am I supposed to be going this way? Should i even be here at SL 41? If I am, any tips to beating these dudes? I've been stuck on them for at least an hour.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Just wanted to say I had a Ceaseless Discharge once. And now I always wear a condom.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MezZa

@Milkman said:

Just wanted to say I had a Ceaseless Discharge once. And now I always wear a condom.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

You're going the wrong way.  Head to the bonfire in the Undead Parish, near the blacksmith.  Across the bridge from the bonfire is Sen's Fortress.  Watch out for traps.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

At 41 you should probably be heading towards either Sen's Fortress (place that opened up after ringing the second bell, it's the path to the gated area from the blacksmith in the Undead Parish) or finishing the forest area. I dunno if you've done the Catacombs, but give those a try if you can, as the 1st boss is stupidly easy and has a chance of dropping really good masks.

No, you really shouldn't be there yet. At least, I don't think you should be.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nadril

You shouldn't be there lol. I made that mistake as well. Only reason to go through more Demon Ruins is after you ring the (edit: anor londo, lol)

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@Spoonman671 said:

You're going the wrong way. Head to the bonfire in the Undead Parish, near the blacksmith. Across the bridge from the bonfire is Sen's Fortress. Watch out for traps.

Okay thanks, no wonder these dudes were kicking my ass. How do I get there without having to go through the damn swamp again?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By bushpusherr

Beating them isn't necessary to advance in the area, there are just a couple items back there. At that soul level I feel like most people are around Sen's Fortress/Aron Londo. If you are heading down there right after ringing the second bell, I would recommend heading up to Sen's Fortress or the Darkroot forest and head back later.

If you really want to continue on in that area, head to the area underneath the bridge that you took to get to Ceaseless Discharge. There is a path along the left side of the cliff face that leads down to a shit ton of capra demons keeping watch over a bonfire.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@Nadril said:

You shouldn't be there lol. I made that mistake as well. Only reason to go through more Demon Ruins is after you ring the 2nd bell.

I did ring the 2nd bell.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nadril
    @Mrsignerman44 said:

@Nadril said:

You shouldn't be there lol. I made that mistake as well. Only reason to go through more Demon Ruins is after you ring the 2nd bell.

I did ring the 2nd bell.

Oh sorry I'm dumb. I meant after you clear through anor Londo. 
    Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@Nadril said:

@Mrsignerman44 said:

@Nadril said:

I did ring the 2nd bell.

Oh sorry I'm dumb. I meant after you clear through anor Londo.

I thought I left that detail out or something lol

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Mrsignerman44 said:

@Spoonman671 said:

You're going the wrong way. Head to the bonfire in the Undead Parish, near the blacksmith. Across the bridge from the bonfire is Sen's Fortress. Watch out for traps.

Okay thanks, no wonder these dudes were kicking my ass. How do I get there without having to go through the damn swamp again?

You have to go back to the swamp, but not all the way up the catwalks you originally came down.  Head back out from Quelaag's Domain and make your way through the left side of Blighttown's poison lake.  You'll come across a huge, spinning wooden contraption that you can ride up like an elevator.  A few more ladders up and you can run out into the Valley of Drakes.  Cross the narrow bridge here and open the door.  There's an elevator here that will take you to the New Londo Ruins.  There you'll find a nearby elevator that will take you to Firelink Shrine.  You should know the way from here since you've probably come down from Undead Parish before.

That sounds complicated, but you're only in the Valley of Drakes and New Londo Ruins for a few seconds.
    Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@Spoonman671 said:

@Mrsignerman44 said:

@Spoonman671 said:

You have to go back to the swamp, but not all the way up the catwalks you originally came down. Head back out from Quelaag's Domain and make your way through the left side of Blighttown's poison lake. You'll come across a huge, spinning wooden contraption that you can ride up like an elevator. A few more ladders up and you can run out into the Valley of Drakes. Cross the narrow bridge here and open the door. There's an elevator here that will take you to the New Londo Ruins. There you'll find a nearby elevator that will take you to Firelink Shrine. You should know the way from here since you've probably come down from Undead Parish before. That sounds complicated, but you're only in the Valley of Drakes and New Londo Ruins for a few seconds.

Thanks alot for the info

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Mrsignerman44 said:

@Spoonman671 said:

@Mrsignerman44 said:

@Spoonman671 said:

You have to go back to the swamp, but not all the way up the catwalks you originally came down. Head back out from Quelaag's Domain and make your way through the left side of Blighttown's poison lake. You'll come across a huge, spinning wooden contraption that you can ride up like an elevator. A few more ladders up and you can run out into the Valley of Drakes. Cross the narrow bridge here and open the door. There's an elevator here that will take you to the New Londo Ruins. There you'll find a nearby elevator that will take you to Firelink Shrine. You should know the way from here since you've probably come down from Undead Parish before. That sounds complicated, but you're only in the Valley of Drakes and New Londo Ruins for a few seconds.

Thanks alot for the info

I'm just telling you so I'll know where to invade.
    Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@Spoonman671 said:

@Mrsignerman44 said:

@Spoonman671 said:

@Mrsignerman44 said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Thanks alot for the info

I'm just telling you so I'll know where to invade.

But I'm a hollow :O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.