Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Silver Knight Archers.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TeamJersey

So in Anor Londo when you are trying to get inside the castle and the two Silver Knight archers with greatbows aka FUCKSTICKS are raining you with arrows (spears)...how many of you almost rage quit? I died there so many times I can't even count. After two hours I put the controller down. The next day I got past that section on the first try. I love/hate this game.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By plop1920

Yeah I really think thats the cheapest part of the game. Specially cause the guy on the left ALWAYS bugs and his spear goes through the damn wall, and then it knocks me off the ledge lol

cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By cancerdancer

THE REAL DEMONS SOULS STARTS HERE...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Char12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Char12

I made an account just to reply, cause I know how annoying these guys are, but I found a simple strategy that makes this part easy :). Ok so when you are hiding behind the building just after the two demons walk round, then sprint up the bridge until you are on the archers walkway, then start walking left, when the arrow is about to hit you just roll forward and it goes right above you, it might be tricky estimating the arrow behind you but, mash the O key when you think it is coming, then go round and kill the left archer, the building will block arrows from the right after you've dealt with him use the same rolling method to go to the right archer and there you have gotten past the second cheapest part in the game. :)

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TeamJersey

I was able to somehow just kill the archer on the right without the left one shooting me in the back. After I killed him I just ran. At that point, I just wanted to be done with that part.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By bkbroiler

I think the trick is to go straight up the ramp (don't sprint), immediately head right and don't block. Roll to avoid arrows but if you get hit it is no big deal. Get the knight on the right to pull out his sword and immediately run back down the ramp and hide behind a safe area (be careful, because the knight on the left can hit you from weird places). Generally, he will just fall off the ramp. After that, you can head to the right and onward! Take care of the left knight if you want, but I didn't.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CptBedlam

I died there exactly two times. After that I used poison arrows. Problem solved.

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KarlHungus01

@bkbroiler said:

I think the trick is to go straight up the ramp (don't sprint), immediately head right and don't block. Roll to avoid arrows but if you get hit it is no big deal. Get the knight on the right to pull out his sword and immediately run back down the ramp and hide behind a safe area (be careful, because the knight on the left can hit you from weird places). Generally, he will just fall off the ramp. After that, you can head to the right and onward! Take care of the left knight if you want, but I didn't.

This is what I did as well. When in doubt, take advantage of the idiotic AI pathing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.