Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

What do you guys think about not showing stats on summons signs?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

In Demons Souls when you checked a persons soul sign it showed how many online sessions he participated in and the score S-A-B.. etc that he averaged for those sessions.

I thought that was kinda neat - like you saw oh wow this guy got summoned like 600 times he must know this area in and out.

I wonder why they took that out - and do you guys care? I kinda wish they put it back in. It's not like I wouldn't summon someone if he had only bad scores but it's fun to have stats. I dunno I just love stats..

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

@Humanity said:

I thought that was kinda neat - like you saw oh wow this guy got summoned like 600 times he must know this area in and out.

That's exactly why they took it out. Once Demon's Souls had been out for awhile, newer players who hadn't been summoned many times would be passed up fairly often for players who had been summoned many times. This way, when you're summoning someone it's pretty much an equal playing field.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Mirado

I was human right before the Smough and Ornstein fight, so I decided to summon someone (I've been soloing all of the bosses and am usually undead for most of the game, so this was rare for me) to help me out. The little preview of the guy wasn't promising (basic armor, no crazy weapon, etc) and I almost decided to grab someone else, but I figured I'd just get ganked by phantoms if I hung around for too long. Turns out, he was awesome: he held off Smough no problem while I wailed on Ornstein, barely needed any healing and generally made the fight a lot easier.

I guess what I'm trying to say is looks can be deceiving and if you had stats, you might avoid a guy who never was summoned in and miss someone awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.