Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

When was your first 'TO HELL WITH THIS GAME' moment?

• 61 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The Catacombs is doing a pretty good job of not making me want to play this game anymore.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Dany

Ninja Gaiden. The first boss. Alma. Ghost Fish.

Fuck that game

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By chainreaction01

Sen's Fortress was the first one for me. Usually I can laugh it off but the fucking boulders in that place pissed me the hell off. Not only can they hurt you for 75% of your health if you so much as walk into them while they're rolling the other direction with no momentum, but also...

When I went to the ball spawner I pointed it towards the side where it would simply fall into the abyss. I later found out that if you walk too far away it will reset back to its default position. Least to say I got a face-full of rock when I went through one of the stairways.

Also there are some rat, bear, things in Darkroot Gardens that lagged my game to hell.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By hatking

When they announced they were removing your ability to party chat while playing the game. Stupid decision, I don't care what 'atmosphere' they're going for. Most of my friends don't even use party chat while playing the same game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Was fighting my first knight in Undead Burg. Had him at a small, teeny-wienie slither of health while mine was all full. The fucker knocked my attack back and impaled my stomach.

FUCK THIS GAME!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By FluxWaveZ

God, this auto-targeting is fucking crap. Right in front of me, there was the third necromancer that brings the skeletons back to life and I had one chance at killing it since I was being rushed by a bunch of enemies behind me. Killing it with a Heavy Soul Arrow would have been extremely simple since I had Iron Flesh on. So I press the Right stick and it fucking locks into an enemy that is directly behind me instead of the enemy in front of me. I think that I need to get closer to my target so I walk a bit, but it still fucking targets the enemy right behind me instead of the one directly in front of me. What the hell? This shit never happened in Demon's Souls. Now I can actually blame the game for my deaths instead of my own idiocy, which is pretty bad.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By granderojo

When I realized I did not have enough time in the day to play this game like I really wanted to.

Antikythera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Antikythera

9000 Souls

31 Humanity

All gone because a demon caught me in a corner. fuuuuck.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Nadril said:
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    Blightown. It's bad. Real bad. And Ceaseless Discharge is easily the cheapest boss in the game so far. His attacks go right through the fucking mountain! WTF! It has serious hitbox issues and I died on it more times than all the other bosses combined by a long shot. Finally managed to beat it, but damn that's an annoying fight.  In spite of all that I still love the game overall though.
    I kind of cheesed the discharge so bad. I had 10 +3 flasks so I just stood in one spot where he would always use his fire nuke. He would use it, I would hit his arm 3 times and pop a flask. Ended up killing him with a flask left, easiest kill of my life lol.   Having a fire resist ring and a good fire resist shield helped. 
    Yeah, I didn't have any fire resist gear at all besides what was on my armor so the undodgable fire attacks were a huge headache for me. I found out that if you stay by the stairs near the entrance, he won't breathe the fire and will just swing at you and you hit the limbs yadda yadda, but sometimes he swings twice which can be a pain and the damage and hitbox are really inconsistent.

Of course after finally managing to beat him I look online and find that you can easily cheese him to death hiding is that corridor if you do it right, I had tried but didn't have it quite right and thought it impossible (again the weird hitbox on his attack messed me up). But that's the game.
    beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#60  Edited By beard_of_zeus
    @Kratch said:

I just got cursed after having about 5000 souls. I'm not going back down there to get my souls back with half health and the possibility of getting cursed again (I read that the cursing stacks). Now I have to grind my ass off to get 6000 souls to get rid of the curse. Damn.

I had the same situation, but I was unaware the cursing stacked at the time, so I went back to try and reclaim the 4000 souls/2 humanity that I dropped, and now I have 25% of a life bar. I haven't gone back to the game yet 'cause that's fucking ridiculous. So now I have to figure out which is easier: grinding out the 6000 souls or trying to get through the ghost ruins.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Cloudenvy

When I played Demon's Souls after the Dark Souls announcement. ;3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.