Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Is this worth getting?

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mrmanga

So i havent played the first one. If i want to get Dead Rising 2 should i play the first one first? OR shouldnt i get either one? I hear a lot of mixed things about both games so im not sure if its worth to get. However it seems a lot of fun to just kill zombies like that in a game instead of a LFD type of killing zombies.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MrCandleguy

Get it. Take a dive, try something new.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3  Edited By Sin4profit

i'd rent it, or barrow it, if you can. i bought it, i love it, depite it being a rocky relationship, but enough people have enough legitimate complaints about it that i say you shouldn't spend full price just to find out it's not yer thing.
    you just have to approach the game with the right mentality and the understanding that some of the side missions you're going to have to let expire/fail your first time around...you can then blow through the game for a second playthrough and see all the sites.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Legend

Yes. There isn't really any other game quite like it. It's a pretty unique experience, and I think it's pretty awesome. Get DR2 first; it improves almost every aspect of the original, and the result is a significantly better game.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Get it, I would say its worth it. 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @mrmanga:  ive been playing it for 3 days. the time limits are a bitch but the game is so much fun man !  too many objects for you to use to bash zombies in dozens, and the game looks and feels pretty good 

i think you should get it. the zombie massacring is addicting 

i didnt play the first one and dont feel like it, i think im doing fine playing the sequel only..
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hourai

Yes, but you spend the first playthrough just messing around killing zombies and leveling up. I went straight for the story/side missions and I was always pressed for time and in a rush. It kind of killed most of the enjoyment for me. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.  Yes yes yes.  Yes,  YES.  Yes? 

Yes.

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By mrmanga
    @Sin4profit: Do i wish i could rent games... There are no game rentals here in Norway. At least not that i know of. And i know for 100% sure that its not in this town that i live in.  

But yeah it seems that everyone here agrees that its fun but as most say it has its issues, but then again theres no such thing as the Perfect game :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.