Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dog destroy's fan's copy of Dead Space 2

• 70 results
    velucyraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By velucyraptor
    @Cornman89 said:
    " Damn. This is... kinda heartwarming. "
    Also holy shit that signed Xbox, I am quivering.
    MegaGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MegaGoat

It was the right PR move to do

I'd have sex with her, and then steal it
    Then bring it back
    Then have sex with her again
    Then steal her bike
    Then bring it back and ride her on it
    Then ring the bell
    That would teach her

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Azteck
    @TooWalrus said:
    " That reminds me of the story of the kid who had that awesome xbox, signed by all the Rooster Teeth guys, when his Xbox red-ringed, he sent it in with specific instructions not to remover the art. When he got it back, the Xbox was polished clean (though it was the same Xbox, you could see the remains of Sharpie on it.) He was given a brand new Xbox, signed by all sorts of people, and some new Luke McKay art. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    I would have never ever gotten rid of that. I'd rather buy a new one than risk it getting wiped.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By Yummylee

Nuder that fucker with the Line Gun!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FritzDude

Time to destroy my TV then.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By wickedsc3

That was nice of them.  Good to see people doing nice stuff once in awhile.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MikkaQ

Goddammit, I love this community, but we're like old married couples, we can argue about everything yet, nothing all at once.  

Anyway that was nice of Visceral to do that, that's just kinda funny.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By CL60

Really? We're arguing over this?

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By wrathofconn

Everyone come with me on a journey of imagination!

Let's say you have a kid, and you are making lunch for your kid. You make them a sandwich, and hand them the plate with said sandwich on it. Your kid sets the plate down on the edge of the dining table and goes to get something to drink. While they are away from the plate, the family dog puts his naughty paws up on the table and jacks the shit out of that sandwich. Your child, seeing this happen, looks up at you ashamedly before getting upset and running out of the kitchen.

Now, community, you have two choices when you go to talk to your child. You can tell them it's okay and offer to make another sandwich, because things like this happen, or you can berate them for being negligent and tell them that they don't deserve lunch at all because they fucked up so badly.

This is the dilemma we are faced with, friends! Make your choice.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @jakob187 said:
    " What the fuck?  Seriously?  Someone's dog got ahold of their copy of the game, trashed it, and so Visceral sent him a SIGNED COPY and a CUSTOM PICTURE?  FUCK THAT!  The person was obviously irresponsible with his copy in the first place if his dog was able to get it, and moreover, my dogs have NEVER torn ANYTHING up in my house.  Why?  Because they are well fucking trained!!! "
    It's just publicity, bro. Makes them look like nice human beings, gets an article on kotaku that makes people remember the existence of their game. Move along.
    MegaGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MegaGoat
    @wrathofconn said:
    " Everyone come with me on a journey of imagination!  Let's say you have a kid, and you are making lunch for your kid. You make them a sandwich, and hand them the plate with said sandwich on it. Your kid sets the plate down on the edge of the dining table and goes to get something to drink. While they are away from the plate, the family dog puts his naughty paws up on the table and jacks the shit out of that sandwich. Your child, seeing this happen, looks up at you ashamedly before getting upset and running out of the kitchen.  Now, community, you have two choices when you go to talk to your child. You can tell them it's okay and offer to make another sandwich, because things like this happen, or you can berate them for being negligent and tell them that they don't deserve lunch at all because they fucked up so badly.  This is the dilemma we are faced with, friends! Make your choice. "
    Let's say it's an adult, with a $300 replacement cost sandwich
    wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By wrathofconn
    @MegaGoat: The copy of the game doesn't cost $300, and the extras don't have a cost, and the personal connection between EA's PR and this person had nothing to do with being an adult or with money, so I stand by my analogy.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Where is the story to go along with the picture?  

I want to know how they came to know [care] that his dog ate it.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MrGetBonus
    @wrathofconn said:
    " Everyone come with me on a journey of imagination!  Let's say you have a kid, and you are making lunch for your kid. You make them a sandwich, and hand them the plate with said sandwich on it. Your kid sets the plate down on the edge of the dining table and goes to get something to drink. While they are away from the plate, the family dog puts his naughty paws up on the table and jacks the shit out of that sandwich. Your child, seeing this happen, looks up at you ashamedly before getting upset and running out of the kitchen.  Now, community, you have two choices when you go to talk to your child. You can tell them it's okay and offer to make another sandwich, because things like this happen, or you can berate them for being negligent and tell them that they don't deserve lunch at all because they fucked up so badly.  This is the dilemma we are faced with, friends! Make your choice. "
    So everyone should be treated like they are 6 years old?
    wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By wrathofconn
    @MrGetBonus: Nope! But if it makes you feel better to act like that's what I was saying with that analogue of this thread, then feel free.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By Rockdalf

I wish I could hand out a spoonful of grow the fuck up to everyone bitching about this great story.  I'm just glad we have developers out there who care for the people picking up their product.  Visceral just got rep in my eyes.

MegaGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MegaGoat
    @wrathofconn said:
    " @MegaGoat: The copy of the game doesn't cost $300, and the extras don't have a cost, and the personal connection between EA's PR and this person had nothing to do with being an adult or with money, so I stand by my analogy. "
    That's how much it costs to replace an Xbox when your dog eats it
    Or rapes it
    Or fucks it with an anal jabbing knife

Visceral sent the signed replacement, not EA
    Also, since it's an M rated game, it has alot to do with being an adult
    Also, sandwiches aren't free
    Neither was the original copy of Dead Space 2
    Also, etc.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By benjaebe

I can't believe people are actually complaining. But then I remembered that this is the internet and people will bitch about literally anything.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @jakob187 said:
    "What the fuck?  Seriously?  Someone's dog got ahold of their copy of the game, trashed it, and so Visceral sent him a SIGNED COPY and a CUSTOM PICTURE?  FUCK THAT!  The person was obviously irresponsible with his copy in the first place if his dog was able to get it, and moreover, my dogs have NEVER torn ANYTHING up in my house.  Why?  Because they are well fucking trained!!! "

The dog ran into the xbox, shredding the disc.
    wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By wrathofconn
    @MegaGoat: Ah, so you didn't actually read the thread. The dog didn't eat anything, it bumped into the girl's 360, which jacked up the disk because of how the 360 is designed. Her console was not broken. You only have to be 17 to buy an M-rated game, which is an age that is not considered adult for any other purposes. Of course sandwiches and games are not free, but this girl received an extra copy signed by the Visceral dudes (who are owned by and work for EA) directly because of prior interaction she had with the art director, not because of anything that had to do with money. it also had nothing to do with her being negligent or someone rewarding her for the fact that something bad happened. That's the point of my comparison, and since you weren't one of the people being a dick in this thread before I posted it, I don't really know why you're attempting to pick it apart.

Also, I am sorry to hear about your AIDS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.