Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

So how many of you guys beat Hardcore Mode?

• 65 results
    demonkd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By demonkd
    @falserelic:
    not really looking foward to those to much
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Slaker117
    @demonkd: 
    Don't let it intimidate you. I really only died in two spots: The gauntlet it puts you through at the end and Chapter 7. The rest of it was smooth, and I probably could have beaten 7 easier if I hadn't stayed up late playing. Grated, I died a lot of bullshit deaths at those spots, but you know where they are and can save accordingly.
    Agent_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Agent_Prince

So i thought i'd try Dead Space 2 on hardcore, clearly underestimating how valuable it is to save in games today, as i only last till the train section where i am dangling upside down, after killing a few necromorph's, my weapon then went *click*. Fuck. Yep, i sucked at my first attempt. I was going to attempt with only 2 weapons and keep powering them up throughout the game - however one of the weapons of choice was to be the ripper, not obtainable until chapter 5, i think. 

What weapons did any of you guys choose? I figured using 2 would be best, so as to free up as much inventory for health as possible?    

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By KimChi4U
    @agent_prince: I haven't finished the game on normal difficulty yet, but I do remember using TK to kill the first couple of guys (There are a few sticks on the ground to throw). Maybe this would be helpful with a low ammo count?
    Agent_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Agent_Prince

i certainly didn't use that enough, no, in hindsight. 

Clearly NOT a veteran Dead Space player, lol

SuperJmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By SuperJmad

Glad I was able to finish it. One thing I noticed, no one mentions the Contact Beam's Alt fire.  The last boss was super easy thanks to the Contact Beam's Alt. Shoot the ground, everyone gets hurt, shoot the marker with the Plasma, go back to the Beam. The enemies had no chance of touching me.

Aussiepowa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Aussiepowa

Beat Hardcore last night ... victory session went for a while "Hell Yeah !"...  "that it how its done bitches" .... "i own u " "it is what i do"

LOL u know that kind fist pumpin shit hehe  

I saved @ end of 7 , start of 11 and the save b4 the eye poker for my last  

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I'm only on Chapter 2 so im not gonna look at many posts here to get spoiled. My friend beat it at hardcore though.
    THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By THRICE

Hardcore is really frustrating me, I never died until I got to the Ishimura now I can barely make it through the ship and keep getting screwed in the mines once I do. It was depressing to realized I played for four hours yesterday and didn't accomplish a damn thing. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mordukai

Shiiit. I think it will be amazing if I can get through chapter 5 on normal. 

Fishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Fishstick

Finished hardcore Friday night. Last save was at the beginning of Chapter 13. I started getting really nervous about dying near the end of Chapter 14. It felt awesome to complete it.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By rjaylee
    @Swordfish9 said:
    " Well even if you used up all three saves it's okay, it's three saves "per session" and not for the entire game, all you have to do is exit to main menu and reload the saved game and you have three more saves. "
    Whoa what? Are you sure about this? This seems a bit too crazy.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I beat hardcore last weekend Sunday night. I made every stupid mistake at the end that you could.  

Let's see, I died at the eye poke machine, and also died at the Tiedeman confrontation. I replayed large sections of the second disc to get better save spots. It eventually worked out and I have the handcannon. I'm leisurely playing through again on Zealot now.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wiseblood

Add me to the list.  I actually would have done it earlier in the week but I made probably the stupidest possible mistake you could make and ran into a piece of debris flying to the gunship.  My final save was at Chapter 13 so I had to do the entirety of GovSec over again.  I was so pissed I had to take a break for a few days before going back and finishing it.

Now all I have to do is blow through Zealot with the hand cannon (and do Severed when it comes out) to get my S-Rank.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Shadow

I just finished it.  Now to bang bang bang and pew pew pew my way through zealot

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.