Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Achievements for easy/medium/hard completion

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By asmo29a

Hullo guys,

so I recently bought and played through Deadly Premonition (just recently got a 360) on hard, collected all the cards and siedquests and weapons and whatnot, and now I'm only missing the two achievements for normal and easy difficulty. The achievement text seems ambiguous: "Complete all episodes on easy/normal/hard difficulty". Could be you can replay the last chapter of every episode on the respective difficulty which would be a breeze, or you might get it by replaying every chapter with all your stuff which would still be pretty painless, OR you might have to do two entire separate playthroughs which would easily take another 10 hours in total, I bet. I've googled it of course and found no definitive answer.

Does anyone on these fine boards have any insight to share?

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By birchman

As far as I know. you have to complete the entire game on the three difficulties to earn the three achievements. No easy way around it!

Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bubbly

Yup they don't stack. You have to do two more playthroughs. Go to x360a.org next time you need help with achievements. They have guides for S-Ranking every game. Anyways considering you did everything else those 2 playthroughs should be a cakewalk. You are used to the controls and know where to get the good stuff.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PizzaSauce
    @_Horde

As far as I know. you have to complete the entire game on the three difficulties to earn the three achievements. No easy way around it!

And I give you the best of luck, duder.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap

@The_Grindilow said:

@_Horde

And I give you the best of luck, duder.

I second this, it's an ambitious man who wants the full 1000 points from DP and for that, I salute you.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By asmo29a

Yeah I knew they wouldn't stack, I just thought (well, lets say I hoped) I might be able to get the last two achievements with the stuff I unlocked, but okay, guess that's not option. I actually tried doing only the last chapter of each episode on easy which took about an hour, no dice. Thanks for the answers, I'm on my second playthrough right now, deep in the bowels of the lumbermill with the stupid fucking FBI handgun ;) got the radio, guess I'll also get the inf SMG, but that'll be it for sidequest stuff. Too bad you can only get the light sword after beating the final boss, that thing is just plain awesome.

edit: Wow. Wall Ladies really do suck without Wesley's Special.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By asmo29a

Okay, Wall Lady just got really tedious for a wholly different reason. While hitting her with melee weapons _theoretically_ makes the fights about 10 times faster, I came across a reproducable bug (did it three times in a row) - every time my steel pipe breaks while I hit her with it, the console locks up. Awesome.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Eaxis

I would recommend to listen to some podcasts like the bombcast while playing.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By asmo29a

@Eaxis: Yeah I like to listen to the various Whiskey Podcasts while playing anything grindy. I'm actually rewatching the magic of the DP Endurance Runs during my own playthroughs :). Chapter 23, almost done..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.