Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

DP for the UK or JP PS3 RSP English

xeopuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xeopuppy

Hi all,

I'm loving the endurance run of Deadly Premonitions, but is it coming to the UK.

Also I know the PS3 is Region Free so I have been looking at getting Red Seeds Profile from Japan, but does anyone know if the voices can be changed to English or are they just in Japanese, it's really expensive but I would buy it if it doesn't get released in UK on 360.

Xeo

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I heard that it is fully in English. The only thing is that it's really expensive, and you might not want to pay that much for a game like this.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tmthomsen

Deadly Premonition is one of the only games that I know of that have achieved what seems like cult status. I would buy it for sure if it was out in my region.

xeopuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xeopuppy

It's listed on YESASIA for around £60, I still would buy it.

Last year I bought a PS2 just for Persona 4, thanks to Giant Bomb, that cost me £90.

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

The Japanese version is indeed in English. Same voice actors as the ones you're hearing in the endurance run. The only Japanese you'll encounter would be in the subtitles, which you can ignore, and in the menus, which are usually easy enough to navigate through whether you know the language or not.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

You can get it for much cheaper from Amazon Japan or Play-Asia. Both are around $60 US last a saw. Still more than the US release is, but much better than $118.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89
    Marvelous Red Seeds Profile?  A little over-the-top, I say.
    Khantael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By Khantael

I believe it's been said that the original language track is English, so no problem there. Everything else is Japanese only though - the bits they haven't voiced (a few which are plot relevant, though you should be okay if you've watched the Endurance Run - you could always use that as a point of reference if there's something you need to know but can't find out, although it might make side quests incredibly confusing if you want to do them), menus etc. I don't even know if you'd be able to turn off the Japanese subtitles.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ashogo

uhh yeah, the JP version is fully voiced in English, but all the text is still Japanese...I guess you could live with it, but you'd be pretty lost with all the non main-story stuff like side quests and such. Plus it is extremely expensive right now. Decide for yourself whether a half-English version of this game is worth 60+ dollars.

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jos4
    @xeopuppy said:
    " Hi all,  I'm loving the endurance run of Deadly Premonitions, but is it coming to the UK.  Also I know the PS3 is Region Free so I have been looking at getting Red Seeds Profile from Japan, but does anyone know if the voices can be changed to English or are they just in Japanese, it's really expensive but I would buy it if it doesn't get released in UK on 360.  Xeo "
    If you want a UK release of the game, go and post here asking for it:  http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62&start=360 
    ...and tell all your friends to do the same! More than a hundred gamers have already posted asking for it!
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shirogane

So english is the original voice acting? Huh, so all those comments about how the lip syncing is bad cause the original jap had more stuff are wrong? 

Aren't the sidequests and stuff which aren't voiced quite a large part of what makes the game awesome? So not being able to understand those might be troublesome.
    Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Gaff
    @Shirogane said:
    " So english is the original voice acting? Huh, so all those comments about how the lip syncing is bad cause the original jap had more stuff are wrong?  "  
    Pretty much. I'm more surprised that they got that much voicework done in English in Japan. 

Also, I hear the Asia version of Red Seed Profile for the PS3 has English text.
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Pretty sure there's no way of playing this game fully in English at this point if you're outside the US. The only hope is a US PS3 release or an eventual EU release, but the logical publisher for Europe (Rising Star Games) doesn't have any plans to release it at the moment.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RE_Player1
    @xeopuppy said:
    " It's listed on YESASIA for around £60, I still would buy it.  Last year I bought a PS2 just for Persona 4, thanks to Giant Bomb, that cost me £90. "
    Buy it. This game is a gem. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.