Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Endurance run disc scratched?

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

I played through the game TWICE and NEVER had a lock up...would be a shame if they scratched the disc and got screwed because of it.  Must be the 360 or the disc right?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

Shit happens, dude.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@bhhawks78: I think you are missing the real problem, why have you played this game twice?

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bhhawks78

You're missing the point, was curious if it's a game issue or a physical issue.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By PureRok
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

@bhhawks78: I think you are missing the real problem, why have you played this game twice?

"
    I'm unable to see a problem there.
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Tiwi
    @PureRok said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"
    I'm unable to see a problem there. "
    the keyword in that sentence was "twice"
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

so the game locked on a recent episode or something? I have to catch up on my ER

Cabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Cabbage

I played through it twice. All the sections the ER teams had trouble with aren't that bad if played properly. It's the side quests that make a repeated playthrough worthwhile. Not to mention the insane ending VJ/BR have in store.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bhhawks78
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"
    2nd best game I've played this year /shrug  

The only annoyingparts like the wall crawlers take almost no time if you have the shotgun and do it correctly or just spam the flamethrower they die stupid fast.
    rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By rjpelonia
    @Cabbage said:
    " I played through it twice. All the sections the ER teams had trouble with aren't that bad if played properly. "
    Well, really, any section of any video game isn't a problem when played properly.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Castro
    @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"
    2nd best game I've played this year /shrug    The only annoyingparts like the wall crawlers take almost no time if you have the shotgun and do it correctly or just spam the flamethrower they die stupid fast. "

Dude, shut up! There's a flamethrower? I literally ran through this game. I never got any of the infinite ammo weapons or the radio or anything else particularly exciting. I guess I should play it again as well and take my sweet time.
    Cabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cabbage
    @RJPelonia said:

" @Cabbage said:

" I played through it twice. All the sections the ER teams had trouble with aren't that bad if played properly. "

Well, really, any section of any video game isn't a problem when played properly. "
    Like Bhawks said, the flamethrower will make wall crawlers ridiculously easy. Simply skipping unnecessary zombies helps too. I realize Demon's Souls (or any hard game) can be easy if played properly, I just mean it doesn't have to be the drag ER makes it seem. This is also my GOTY candidate so far too. Mass Effect 2 is arguably better imo.
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bhhawks78
    @Castro said:
    " @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"
    2nd best game I've played this year /shrug    The only annoyingparts like the wall crawlers take almost no time if you have the shotgun and do it correctly or just spam the flamethrower they die stupid fast. "

Dude, shut up! There's a flamethrower? I literally ran through this game. I never got any of the infinite ammo weapons or the radio or anything else particularly exciting. I guess I should play it again as well and take my sweet time. "
    This gamelike my current goty (me2) is all about exploring all the content.  Frustrating/a little underwhelming if you just rush through it.  If you do every single little sidequest and such?  Amazing experience.  Running through this game without any infinite ammo weapons (flamethrower/shotgun/smg/magnum/fucking light saber/wrench/guitar/INFINITE RPG) is basically intentionally making the game not fun for yourself.  The whole point is that the lumberyard kinda sucks and you enjoy all the awesome weapons a million times more since you remember slogging through pistol only.   Even if you want to run through getting the weapons so wall ladies basically insta die is much much faster anyways.
    NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By NZV

I also beat this game twice, and one of those was a 100% run. All sidequests, all cards. I plan to beat it a third time when I finish with RDR and Burnout Paradise (watching Brad's unupgraded car plod along in the ER after playing hours of Burnout is the worst thing in the world).

It's really a pretty fun game overall, even with the rough spots. Especially if you run past all the zombies like I did on my second run. Makes it quicker and also makes it more intense since they can trap you so easily. Honestly, I'm with the guy above. This would for sure be my GOTY if Mass Effect 2 wasn't a 2010 release.

And yeah, seems like it's probably a disc issue. VJ didn't have any problems though, I wonder if they're using the same copy. If not, they could swap. If so, they could just buy a new one. Game is cheap as hell.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Red12b
    @bhhawks78 said:

" @Castro said:

" @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"

Dude, shut up! There's a flamethrower? I literally ran through this game. I never got any of the infinite ammo weapons or the radio or anything else particularly exciting. I guess I should play it again as well and take my sweet time. "
    This gamelike my current goty (me2) is all about exploring all the content.  Frustrating/a little underwhelming if you just rush through it.  If you do every single little sidequest and such?  Amazing experience.  Running through this game without any infinite ammo weapons (flamethrower/shotgun/smg/magnum/fucking light saber/wrench/guitar/INFINITE RPG) is basically intentionally making the game not fun for yourself.  The whole point is that the lumberyard kinda sucks and you enjoy all the awesome weapons a million times more since you remember slogging through pistol only.   Even if you want to run through getting the weapons so wall ladies basically insta die is much much faster anyways. "
    Woah woah woah,  
    Hold up a second, 

There is a fucking light saber?
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Castro
    @Red12b said:
    " @bhhawks78 said:

" @Castro said:

" @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"

This gamelike my current goty (me2) is all about exploring all the content.  Frustrating/a little underwhelming if you just rush through it.  If you do every single little sidequest and such?  Amazing experience.  Running through this game without any infinite ammo weapons (flamethrower/shotgun/smg/magnum/fucking light saber/wrench/guitar/INFINITE RPG) is basically intentionally making the game not fun for yourself.  The whole point is that the lumberyard kinda sucks and you enjoy all the awesome weapons a million times more since you remember slogging through pistol only.   Even if you want to run through getting the weapons so wall ladies basically insta die is much much faster anyways. "
    Woah woah woah,  Hold up a second,  There is a fucking light saber? "

Yeah, totally hold the goddamn phone! A lightsaber?

When I played through the game initially, I was more curious as to what happened in the story. I didn't bother to do that many side quests. The ones I did only got me some cards. That's exciting and all, but I wasn't too concerned with collecting all of those my first time through. Watching the Endurance Runs, I've realized that I missed a lot. Lightsabers? Really? Get right out of town!
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By mutha3
    @Castro:@Red12b: 

Yup. You can get the Light Sword by collecting all cards and giving them to Wesley.

Its my favorite weapon in the game:P

Also, if you're a pussy, there's a weed whacker. Real men stick with lightsabers, though.

EDIT: on-topic, though: I have never experienced the game freezing up on me.
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bhhawks78
    @Red12b said:
    " @bhhawks78 said:

" @Castro said:

" @bhhawks78 said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

"

Woah woah woah,  Hold up a second,  There is a fucking light saber? "
    Yes there is a lightsaber, all the people bitching about the game sucking/rushing-running through it suffer the most.  Look at BR run, took them twice as long and comment spam to do any side quests and get the infinite smg which made things way easier and more fun.  Rushing in a linear game...sure, open world? NEVER
    Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Mayu_Zane

"Harry: You must be younger than you look, York. Youngsters tend to rush and miss a lot of things."

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Seroth

I played through the game three times. It once got stuck on a loading screen, and that was after installing the game to the hard drive. Didn't happen again after that, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.