Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

How much damage will Brad take in the VJ-36 fight? (Spoilers)

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trace
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By trace

This question concerns Brad's upcoming fight against George in Deadly Premonition, for those who don't want to read the text below.

A few days ago, I posted a topic asking the Giant Bomb audience how well they thought Brad would perform against Thomas. Four out of five respondents thought he'd struggle or die, but he persevered and did neither, taking Thomas out slowly and successfully.

That poll fascinated me, so I can't help but ask the same question for George, who Brad is almost certainly a few episodes away from fighting. The crazed sheriff might only be slightly harder than Thomas, once you figure out how to press B to dodge the infinite axes and determine how to damage him. Watching is one thing, however, and playing is another. Will Brad figure out and defeat George as easily as Vinny did?

For fun, I've added an option for optimists who think Brad will really shine here and outperform Vinny in this battle. For the record, Vinny got hit by axes twice for minor damage.

I think Brad will pull through successfully again, but I think he'll take a little more damage than Vinny. What I think isn't important, though. What are your thoughts on this upcoming confrontation of Federal Agent vs. First Degree Murderer?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

Brad is going to get worked.

NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NZV

Depends on whether he uses the magnum or not. I'm unsure if he will, seeing as he was so unimpressed by it earlier for no real reason. Form 2 takes quite a lot of bullets if you stick to the submachine gun, which he may end up doing. I've had to skip over Brad's last few wallcrawler encounters for similar reasons.

George can really mess you up quick, too. I fought him once and he hit me with a single blow that took off the -vast- majority of my previously full health, though I can't recall if that was on medium or hard. Likely medium, seeing as I killed him very quickly on hard with the shotgun, which you can hit him with easily every time he pulls back to start throwing an axe. Medium was a much more drawn out fight, so I'd say it happened there, which means he's capable of doing it to Brad.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Legend

I think he did as well or even better than Vinny when he fought Thomas. He'll probably have no problem defeating George.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mutha3
    @PsEG said:
     The crazed sheriff might only be slightly harder than Thomas, once you figure out how to press B to dodge the infinite axes and determine how to damage him. Watching is one thing, however, and playing is another. Will Brad figure out and defeat George as easily as Vinny did?
    You call  VJ-36 ''beating George easily'' ?

That fight took 15 minutes longer then it should have.
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By thegoldencat7

"Die!"
    conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By conker

Hes gonna die once, after which the game will freeze on him. Which will result in  BR being one episode longer than it was going to be originally.
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Chokobo

Brad clearly doesn't pay any attention to how quickly guns kill things.  He killed 5 or 6 guys with the sheriff custom before finally giving into Ryan incessantly telling him that it is better than the first pistol.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By carlthenimrod

@mutha3 said:

" You call  VJ-36 ''beating George easily'' ?  That fight took 15 minutes longer then it should have. "

You don't judge difficulty by length. He barely took any damage.  
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Cincaid

Seriously, some people...

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Mars_Cleric

The Brad is gonna take George Hogan down 
    The Brad is gonna rape George Hogan in his scarred back and laugh
    Because The Brad is the ultimate warrior here and the Georgamania is no match for The Brad's ULTIMATE DESTRUCITY!!! 
    *SKRONK!!!*
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NoXious

The problem with the fight is not that it's hard, it's just an unnatural routine. It might take long to figure out that routine, but he'll beat it no doubt.
    Might have to take a health kit or two if he's too aggressive during his sweeps.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RE_Player1

Stop making these kind of topics. The first one was stupid and this is no exception. Just watch the endurance run.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By trace
    @RE_Player92 said:

" Stop making these kind of topics. The first one was stupid and this is no exception. Just watch the endurance run. "

Both topics have been created out of curiosity, and to gauge the audience's perception of Brad's skill. The first topic arose out of a conversation with another Giant Bomb user who ranted about how he couldn't watch the BR run anymore because Brad's struggles frustrated him, and I wondered how others perceived Brad's potential based on his performance throughout the endurance run. The last poll showed a surprisingly large majority who underestimated Brad and thought he would either struggle or die. After such a successful performance, I want to see if and how perception has shifted with a poll on the upcoming George battle.

I can certainly understand if you don't find it interesting -- that doesn't make it stupid -- and you're perfectly free to ignore this forum poll and continue watching the endurance run as always. I find the response quite interesting, thus far, and I wouldn't mind if the poll encouraged people to take closer notice of Brad's performance in the next boss fight, be it good, bad, or otherwise. Maybe it'll help change perspectives if Brad outperforms (or under-performs) expectations...but probably not! :)
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By MachoFantastico

Love how we have ended up simply analysis Brad's performances as a gamer now. 

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Lunar_Aura
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nasar7

I don't think he'll take more damage but I do think the fight will take him longer because he's not as good with the manual aiming.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#19  Edited By JackiJinx

BR seems to be having only serious trouble with the crowds...and the wall ladies, though that has since been amended. It's pretty obvious how to beat the last few bosses, so if they do have trouble, I'll be disappointed.

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pocky4Th3Win

I want brad to die and become frustrated over the game (again). My girl likes the sound of his voice but dislike when he bitches so its a win for me when he becomes whinny.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By trophyhunter

100 bucks says brad dies going up the tower

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Urmean

I say he's either going to die or struggle. Who knows, maybe the final form's trick will get him?

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By s7evn

He's going to struggle, I think it'll take him and Ryan a while to figure out how to hurt George. I think Brad isn't patient enough to fight George better than Vinny did.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By trace

Today's video answers this question definitively. Spoiler'd for anyone who hasn't viewed it yet:

Since the final boss battle is likely tomorrow, and I don't think that's enough time for a poll to soak up a proper stratification of results to my satisfaction, I'll take a pass on creating a third and final poll. My thoughts, though? Those stairs are going to be interesting.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By JP_Russell

Yep, he died.  Could have been worse, but I think it's safe to say Vinny put Brad's performance here to shame.  I don't even agree Brad was doing better than Vinny at first.  Strategically, Vinny was doing better the whole way through.  Figured out to shoot the back faster, figured out the need to take advantage of George's idle pose faster, always took advantage of it while Brad kept being absent-minded and forgetting to, used weapons besides the infinite SMG. 

As for the final boss fight, obviously, Brad will perform more poorly than Vinny.  But I doubt he'll have too much trouble with the first form.  Didn't seem like it was too hard to keep from taking damage there.  Second form might give him some trouble with the 4-button quicktime events, but I think he'll do okay.  Maybe, maybe not.  It's the final form he might have some trouble with.  I think he'll be terrible at actively dodging the flames properly, and he might be a little sluggish in taking his opportunities to shoot at the doll, at least at first (just as he was sluggish about shooting George's back at times).

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dylabaloo
    @JP_Russell said:
    "

Yep, he died.  Could have been worse, but I think it's safe to say Vinny put Brad's performance here to shame.  I don't even agree Brad was doing better than Vinny at first.  Strategically, Vinny was doing better the whole way through.  Figured out to shoot the back faster, figured out the need to take advantage of George's idle pose faster, always took advantage of it while Brad kept being absent-minded and forgetting to, used weapons besides the infinite SMG. 

As for the final boss fight, obviously, Brad will perform more poorly than Vinny.  But I doubt he'll have too much trouble with the first form.  Didn't seem like it was too hard to keep from taking damage there.  Second form might give him some trouble with the 4-button quicktime events, but I think he'll do okay.  Maybe, maybe not.  It's the final form he might have some trouble with.  I think he'll be terrible at actively dodging the flames properly, and he might be a little sluggish in taking his opportunities to shoot at the doll, at least at first (just as he was sluggish about shooting George's back at times).

"
    This, also if brad misses in the boss's final form in the pocket the boss gets all his health back, should be interesting. Also Bradly will probably only use infinite smg hindering his chances to kill fast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.