Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

How can I beat flamelurker as a melee character?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

Speccing my dude as a fighter hasn't really worked out for me.... 
    I can't even get close to flamelurker because he's so fast, he damages you because dudes so hot without even attacking and swinging my big claymore is just too slow and ineffective. 
    I have a bow but it fires so slowly the dude just runs up on me. 
    Im thinking of just trying to summon a dude and hope that he's a magic man or grinding some souls and trying to learn some magic (im soul lvl 29) but I wouldnt know where to learn spells anyway. 

If you can't help me fight dude normally could someone just point me in the direction of learning spells?

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#2  Edited By Jazz
    SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By SonicFire

Well, the cheap (but effective) way to do it is get  a bow and about 200 arrows, then try to get him jammed on the environment. You can probably youtube this, but basically you just make sure the large bones to the left of the entrance are between you and the boss. Shouldn't be too tough.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Shadow

Use magic arrow anyway.  Even if your magic stat is low, you can still do some damage to him, and far more than you'll do otherwise.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By EpicSteve

I thought you were using some new forum terminology before I saw the foum this was in.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Akeldama
    @Pie: Fire resistant gear, a powerful melee weapon, loads of health items and some sticky white stuff.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SpiralStairs

Get a catalyst, learn magic missile, hope for the best. 

It helps a lot to have other people fighting with you. If you don't have any Stones of Ephemeral Eyes or just don't want to waste them, use the blue eye stone to help someone, then when you back to life you can summon other players. That also helps you come up with a good strategy on how to beat him.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CowMuffins

I rounded up a bunch of dead scrubs, had them fight for me while I sat behind the pole in the back left of the room not getting hit by anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Pie: I had a really hard time with this boss, and I nearly broke my game because of it. 

I spent 40 minutes, on the clock, trying to solo it, before I got one shot/ cheap shot killed out of all my health (IN BODY FORM!).   

After removing the disk and throwing it at the wall about 15 times (only time I've EVER raged at a game, or almost destroyed anything I own on purpose. 

I then put the disk back in, fought my way back to the chamber, saw a blue soul sign, and conjured a co op partner.  I beat it in about 4 minutes. 

So basically?  Get a co op partner.   
    Have one person distract him in front and dodge his attacks (don't worry about that person attacking him), and have the other person attack him from the rear.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pie
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " Get a catalyst, learn magic missile, hope for the best.   It helps a lot to have other people fighting with you. If you don't have any Stones of Ephemeral Eyes or just don't want to waste them, use the blue eye stone to help someone, then when you back to life you can summon other players. That also helps you come up with a good strategy on how to beat him. "
    How do I learn magic?
    Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Kazzurak

I find him easyer with melee since you can go toe to toe with him if you keep your Purple Flame shield up constantly and you can get in a few hits after he made his attacked (you will however constantly take damage when he attacks unless you use the large brushwood shield) So you will need alot of healing items.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

As a Priest I couldn't learn soul arrow so I mostly relied on dieing first...of course...then helping someone in soul mode, getting revived then vice versa; summoning two souls to hopefully do most of the work for me.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gabriel

Get him stuck on the rib cage, then use your crossbow or bow or soul arrow.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Pie: First, you need a catalyst, which I think there's one of in World 1. Then, look for Freke's apprentice somewhere in the Nexus (He's on the bottom floor, leaning against a pillar). You can buy some spells from him.

If you're having trouble finding anything this site should help:
     http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/ 

I recommend using Soul Arrow and Water Veil. I beat him by myself using those two spells, and a ring of flame resistance.
    HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HaniBall

Learn the fast way down and spend some time studying his patterns. He is actually one of the more dodgeable bosses in the game (*). And open to attack after. 
    Use a magic type weapon.

If you summon a blue he is easy as pie. But you miss out on the experience of beating him alone. 
    And he does not get easier in later playthroughs ;)

(*) I don't recommend relying on shields. They may get you through your first playthrough but eventually you will need to learn how to dodge and keep and eye on your endurance meter.. If you want fire protection, I guess you could ditch the thiefs ring for fire resistance.  And check which armor offers best resistance and still allows you to roll. (I imagine you dont have Doran's armor set yet)

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pie

I'm pleased to report that I have successfully murdered the fool 

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By JonnyAvacado

For future reference, everybody that has recommended the Demons Souls Wiki is completely right.  I don't think there has been a better online wiki built completely by fans of a game.  Its seriously that good.  The rib cage trick definitely works, but don't use the lava bow!  Soul Arrow or regular arrows with sticky white stuff  definitely does do the trick though...

Edit:  congrats man!!  Now you can really mod weapons at Ed's!

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#18  Edited By vager

After a number of failed attempts he got himself stuck on a pile of bones. Kept on hitting him through the bones until he died. 

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Clinkz

Solo'd him with my temple knight. All you have to do is as soon as you enter the instance, walk left and you'll see a bone spine. Try to lure flame lurker to one side of it with you on the other and he will effectively get bugged...

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By EVO

I got stuck on this motherfucker a few months ago, but I finally beat him the other day.

Then I got up to Maneater.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.