Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

How to use colorless demon's soul. Weapon confusion!

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Nate

So,  I have a colorless demon's soul - which I gather are pretty hard to get and I want to use it wisely. My two weapons for most of the game have been a winged spear +7, and the Magic Sword Makoto. So I'm thinking I'll use it to upgrade Makoto, but also was thinking maybe my Adjudicator shield which I use from time to time.  
    Another question I have is about weapons in general. I see the Makoto sword has really high damage and causes a lot of bleeding. But I don't hear many people talking about it as a good weapon. Is this just because it is harder to upgrade, and also doesn't have any stat bonuses? Should I be putting more time into upgrading a different sword instead? I definitely prefer a quicker sword. Current stats are: Vit: 27,  Int: 17, End: 26, Str: 26, Dex: 20, Mag: 17, Faith: 12, Luck: 11 
    Any suggestions?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

You can use this site to decide whether or not the upgrades are worth it. It says that Makoto is a good starter sword but becomes weak later. I haven't tried it as I usually go for the big weapons such as Crushing Great Axe and Dragon Bone Smasher.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By perilator666

personally i almost exclusively use blueblood, so i haven't actually bothered using colorless souls.  

mokoto isn't worth investing in if you ask me. my guess would be hiltless is better if you're looking for a katana type weapon. additionally, spear are pretty much useless outside world 2.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nate
    @Grissefar:   Cool. I've used that site a lot, but never actually read the in depth description there so that helps.  Also - it says it will drain HP - didn't really notice since I almost always wear the regenerators ring, but man - I was wondering why I noticed it going down some. That makes sense.  I'd get a lot more HP regen without this sword.

@zoskia:
    Thanks. I think the Hiltless would be a better choice. Now I have to go get it. Not an easy task considering I just entered NG+   ;)
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @Nate: If you only have one then I say keep it for now until you get a few more so when you do decide what to do with them you'll have more to play around with. Do a colorless run and get the other ones too.  

What's you'r soul level? if we can the I'll give you an upgraded makoto so you can see if you like it.  Add me on OSN. My ID is: TheRevisionism
    Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nate
    @Mordukai: That would be awesome. I'm now soul lv 84 or 86, I think. PSN ID TheMysticPickle. 
    I just started NG+ prematurely. Shouldn't have beat it yet b/c there's a lot I should have collected before that. Oh well.  Live and learn.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @Nate: Don't worry. There are only 3 ways: 
    1. Change the world's tendency into black. once you get the world near to black tendency only then a primeval demons appear and after you kill him you get a colorless soul. Each world has one primeval demon but don't worry though. They are very, very easy to kill. 
    2. There's a colorless on world 1-1 on a beam below the area where you kill Miralda the Executioner. It's the area after that locked gate in the beginning of the level (to your left). The gate will open up only once you got the world tendency to white. Killing at least 3 bosses in world 1 should take care of that. If you say you only have one colorless then I am guessing that's the way you got it. 
    3. The third and final way is by doing the quests Mephistophele gives you.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Nasar7

The 4th way is to exploit the crow duping glitch to get infinite colorless souls. Check out the farming page over at the DS WIki:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/colorless-soul     

EDIT: Also, don't use Makoto, there are much better options especially as your soul level increases and yes you are right that's bc it has no stat bonuses.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.