Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

My Demons Soul's journey has begun! (PART01)

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gamebite

I couldn't take it anymore and really wanted to see what this game had to offer. At this time of posting i have defeated the first boss, i wouldn't know his name but it looks like a big pudding like demon.

First thing i noticed when clearing to the first boss is that you as a player need ALLOT of patience! Lucky for me i have allot of patience when it comes to games i like, but i also think it's the learning curve and the n00b like behavior that's killing me 90% of the time.

My first impression of this game is actually really good! I can't explain but this games has a special attraction to it... The plan was to play this game en decide within 48 hours to keep it or return it to the store. At the moment i think it's a keeper! The way this game plays is just awesome, I can't think of a better control scheme than Demon Soul's already has. Everything reacts pretty fast and accurate. I like that for a chance instead of controls that control poorly like in other hack & slash/rpg's.

The stats of this games are how to put this? Well really deep i would say. Now I'm no RPG veteran like many other so most of these stats are like Chinese for me... Do i know what's important? I think not :P I took a magician as my first character and i know from my WoW history and other side rpg's that i probably need to put my souls in to mana and magic, as for the rest i have to find out i guess.

Well i think this is the end of my first post about my new addition, just wanted to put my first thought about Demon's Souls. Check back to check out my progression in this epic journey of death :P

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Gamebite

I couldn't take it anymore and really wanted to see what this game had to offer. At this time of posting i have defeated the first boss, i wouldn't know his name but it looks like a big pudding like demon.

First thing i noticed when clearing to the first boss is that you as a player need ALLOT of patience! Lucky for me i have allot of patience when it comes to games i like, but i also think it's the learning curve and the n00b like behavior that's killing me 90% of the time.

My first impression of this game is actually really good! I can't explain but this games has a special attraction to it... The plan was to play this game en decide within 48 hours to keep it or return it to the store. At the moment i think it's a keeper! The way this game plays is just awesome, I can't think of a better control scheme than Demon Soul's already has. Everything reacts pretty fast and accurate. I like that for a chance instead of controls that control poorly like in other hack & slash/rpg's.

The stats of this games are how to put this? Well really deep i would say. Now I'm no RPG veteran like many other so most of these stats are like Chinese for me... Do i know what's important? I think not :P I took a magician as my first character and i know from my WoW history and other side rpg's that i probably need to put my souls in to mana and magic, as for the rest i have to find out i guess.

Well i think this is the end of my first post about my new addition, just wanted to put my first thought about Demon's Souls. Check back to check out my progression in this epic journey of death :P

Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I wish I was back to the point where I dont know the levels well. Man I love this game.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gamebite
    @InfiniteStateMachine: 
    I wouldn't know :P I'm still like OMG at every corner haha. How many times did you like finish it because that's telling me it's totally worth it :D
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SpiralStairs

Wait until you get to the second boss in World 1. That guy's a pain to kill. The first time I saw him I had no idea what to do, so I just ran around until he killed me with one hit.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By onarum
    @Gamebite said:

" @InfiniteStateMachine:  I wouldn't know :P I'm still like OMG at every corner haha. How many times did you like finish it because that's telling me it's totally worth it :D "

I myself finished it about 3 times, but all of them in normal difficulty because new game+ is fricken HARD, I'm progressing though, slowly but I am, with my first ever character, the problem is he's melee only, and magic is the easy mode in this game, so playing a melee only in new game+ is a damn nightmare. 

@SpiralStairs said:

" Wait until you get to the second boss in World 1. That guy's a pain to kill. The first time I saw him I had no idea what to do, so I just ran around until he killed me with one hit. "

Yeah, that boss  is awesome, but there is a easy way to beat him with little to no danger to the player :p, I'm not gonna say tough so I don't spoil anything to the op.
    Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gamebite
    @SpiralStairs:  Are you like refering to that Flying dragon? If so i was wondering how to get that one down :P

@onarum:  Phoo good thing i have a magician then :D I'm probably not even going to bother with thos extra hard modes, i have trouble already let alone then.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grissefar

Good luck - here's some advice: don't use a faq or any of that nature. It will make the game much easier to know a trick or two, but it removes the point of the game: the great feeling of defeating a difficult level.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Gamebite: No, I never got around to killing that dragon myself >___>

I think it's actually harder just getting to the second boss than it is to actually fight him.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By onarum

I know a way of killing the dragon,. if you want I'll tell you. oh and he's not the boss btw.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Red12b
    Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fontan

I see so many positive comments about this game, guess it's about damn time I got it for myself.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By onarum
    @Red12b said:
    " Good luck,  

@onarum: There's a fucking dragon!?   I got up to the boss that does stuff and I said to myself fuck this game.   "
    oh come on man, avoid spoilers because the op hasn't gotten there yet
    Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gamebite
    @Red12b:  Well i stumbled upon a way to kill that boss your talking about, the concept doesn't sound hard but performing that is another story :P I'm more afraid of a flying boss than a grounded one.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Red12b
    @onarum:  
    Delete your comment I've put mine in spoilers tag, 
    Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gamebite
    @Fontan: i had that same thoughts yesterday and here i am owning it :P i hate my game buying impulses sometimes.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By onarum
    @Red12b said:
    " @onarum:  Delete your comment I've put mine in spoilers tag,  "
    I had already changed the important parts ;p.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red12b
    @onarum:  
    I got up to the boss that does stuff... 

smooth, Cheers for that, I suppose I forget to use those tags,  
    to the OP, sorry if I spoiled it by telling you that there is a boss that is so bad I said, fuck this game,  
    Hope you enjoy it more than I did, although I had fun playing it until the bridge,  
    I think Vinny said it best, if you like RPG;s and you hate yourself play this game haha,  
    I really want them to do an ER of this game, I want to see a grown man cry, 
    Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gamebite

Well now i am getting curious :D Gonna check that right now, time to get pwned i would say :P

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By onarum
    @Red12b said:
     I really want them to do an ER of this game, I want to see a grown man cry,  "
    Heh, if the deadly premonition one wasn't the end of all ERs this one would definitely be, it would be awesome tough.

But the reason I don't think a game like this would be a good candidate is because there's a fair amount of grinding involved.
    Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fontan
    @Gamebite:
    Maybe I should start being more impulsive. Too bad games are awfully expensive around here. It's better to import them and that takes some time.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onarum
    @Fontan said:
    " @Gamebite: Maybe I should start being more impulsive. Too bad games are awfully expensive around here. It's better to import them and that takes some time. "
    yeah man, I know what you mean, I'm brazilian also ;), it's a pain, but with Demons Souls I didn't think twice, pre ordered the damn thing with a guy on ebay,  the deluxe edition of course, paid about R$180,00 but it was worth it I say.
    Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fontan
    @onarum:  
    Try this store. It is British and sell in pounds, which are more expensive than the dollar, but after the conversion it is usually cheaper than buying through eBay. And the transport fees are always cheap.  

Several of my friends have bought from it without problem. I'm gonna look for this game there.
    HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HaniBall
    @onarum:@onarum said:
    " @Red12b said:
     I really want them to do an ER of this game, I want to see a grown man cry,  "
    Heh, if the deadly premonition one wasn't the end of all ERs this one would definitely be, it would be awesome tough.  But the reason I don't think a game like this would be a good candidate is because there's a fair amount of grinding involved. "

Really?
    In my experience, the only reason peoplle "grind" DS is to get the trophies or get another weapon for pvp.  And that is really more farming than grinding.
    I guess there are those who do actual level grinding, but for a regular playthrough it really isnt a requirement. In any case, it would be over after one episode of 4-2 reaper sniping which could be funny in itself.

What am I missing?
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By onarum
    @joest01 said:

Really? In my experience, the only reason peoplle "grind" DS is to get the trophies or get another weapon for pvp.  And that is really more farming than grinding.I guess there are those who do actual level grinding, but for a regular playthrough it really isnt a requirement. In any case, it would be over after one episode of 4-2 reaper sniping which could be funny in itself.  What am I missing? "

Well, at least in my own case there were a fair share of occasions where I would get my ass handed to me and then proceed to grind a bit, but yeah I guess that depending on the player grinding shouldn't be required, and don't get me wrong, I would love to see that ER happening, but I seriously doubt it.

@Fontan :

Yeah I bought some games in a store called game.co.uk, they have a used games area where you can get some games for like 5 pounds, seriously, that's what I paid for the darkness and DMC4, but then I realized that DLC is region locked, and given the fact I can only buy stuff on the north American psn I gave up on buying region 2 games, now it's region 1 only. 

Never got any from shopto though, but I also hear it's ok.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gamebite

Well after a couple of attempts i got the big knight down :D I'm one happy man atm, the dragon is till flying tho :( That part to the big night was a pain in the ass!!! I always died at the end right before the portal, damn heavy hitters :P
    Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kazzurak
    @Gamebite: Dont worry about the game being too hard now if you take these tips to you (mostly melee tips but it helps mages too) 

1. ALLWAYS HOLD DOWN L1 (keep your shield up) 
    2. Wait for an opening (usually 1 will make an opening, obviously harder with multiple enemies but whatever) 
    3. progress slowly with your shield raised ( see number 1) 
    4. When you know the world like the back of your hand you will be flying through the worlds, i know i am and i only completed it twice, and im on my third playthrough as a melee character now :)  

@onarum: Not if they know what they are doing (but i doubt it seeing form the QL of the game, also i havent been able to find a review? maybe they couldnt handle the pressure?)
    knoxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By knoxt

you are going to be playing for a very, very long time.  if you have the patience to actually beat the game, serious kudos

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#28  Edited By rargy

I just started playing yesterday.  Really enjoying the combat.  My favorite thing, though, is the blood stains.  Every one i've watched was someone charging into a room with crossbows or running up a staircase with a boulder at the top.  It's funny until i realize someone is going to see me walking up to some explosives (thinking "these look like explosives") then blowing up when a firebomb is thrown.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Gamebite:  Wow, I'm surprised that nobody has pointed you towards the Demon's Souls wiki sites yet.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

http://www.demons-souls.com/wiki/

Both these sites have extensive information on things like how to read weapon stats/requirements or how to build your character effectively.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By onarum
    @Spoonman671:  but that takes away some of the fun of discovery doesn't it?

@Kazzurak:

Yeah they are not like other gaming websites that will review every single game, they kind of pick the games they think that matter, and unfortunately none of em seemed to like Demons Souls, yes I guess it was to much of a challenge for them :), at least I know Ryan likes his games easy and streamlined to the brim.

@Gamebite:  Nice, I remember the first time I beat him with my poor  melee guy, was a great feeling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.