Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

People still playing???

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathshroud

Well short but sweet . I got more time now to play some games recently . (because i lost my job). Im super rusty but want to get back into progressing in this game. I was wondering if people are still playing this actively ?

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By yyZiggurat

Not regularly, no.  I still have to finish my first character's (approximately level 115) 2nd run and I keep second character around to play with friends who are at lower levels.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By Jazz

I ordered it from play asia two weeks ago and it still hasn't been shipped. 
    Lack of EU release not good. 

:(

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By keyhunter

If only there was an Xbox360 release of the game. That would be an addition 60 dollars towards building up the economy.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karkarov

I still play here and there and also organize different events for the game and work with others who do as well.  Thing is we mostly do it off the "official" forum on the Atlus boards.  That game still has plenty of players but it obviously isn't as populous as release day anymore.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deathshroud
    @Karkarov said:
    "I still play here and there and also organize different events for the game and work with others who do as well.  Thing is we mostly do it off the "official" forum on the Atlus boards.  That game still has plenty of players but it obviously isn't as populous as release day anymore. "

Wow thats awesome that people do events and stuff .  Ill have to see if i can get involved . i am not that high a lvl but i want to work on it more and do alot more stuff. i need to get some better armor and weapons but ...thats a slow process.
    Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deathshroud

Well i was going to see about transfing some stuff to another character but ...then i decided to just beat the game and i did . It was a really cool game.
    Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Questionable
    @Deathshroud said:
    " @Karkarov said:
    "I still play here and there and also organize different events for the game and work with others who do as well.  Thing is we mostly do it off the "official" forum on the Atlus boards.  That game still has plenty of players but it obviously isn't as populous as release day anymore. "
    Wow thats awesome that people do events and stuff .  Ill have to see if i can get involved . i am not that high a lvl but i want to work on it more and do alot more stuff. i need to get some better armor and weapons but ...thats a slow process. "
    I picked this game back up after building two lvl 150 characters at  its release (80 and 70 hour per char)
    I expected to be really rusty but instead i managed to finish 1-1, 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, on a single life in NG+x6 albeit they were full white so that made it a bit easier only gained 2 levels from it and then i started on some pvp after 2 hours i had lost 5(!) levels as i got fireball blasted off of cliffs and whatnot   

Anyways what i wanted to tell you is that in this game there is very little need to search for weapons as everything has the same strength roughly, When maxed every weapon gives rougly the same stats as higher AP is balanced with a slower speed and so on, so the most important thing to look at is weapon animations  
    Especially armor wich is just a sliding scale of Weight VS defense the diverence is so small that people usually go with what looks best.
    When you fail to block or dodge a from a boss you'd be dead in 3 wether your naked or in full brushwood.

On my tank character i use a 1H axe on bosses as faster weapons appear to benefit more from damage bonuses (with cursed weapon i can kill the IronKnight, giant, spider and adjucator bosses in just two bursts if i unload from full stamina

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.