Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

scared of dying...

EliteCreations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By EliteCreations

Just finished 1-1 and am on my way to 2-1. And now I'm really scared of dying since dying loses all your souls and to me, that makes me feel like all the progress I made was for nothing... and now I'm afraid of playing the game. Any of you veterans ever had a problem like me and was afraid of dying? No game has ever made me this scared before...

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MiniPato

Spend your souls.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Not really. I would spend my souls as soon as I could.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Three0neFive

Never carry what you can't afford to lose, and realize that souls gained from simply running through the level and killing dudes are expendable.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Always be spending.

Souls.

Also, it isn't too awfully hard to not die, just go slow and be aware of what's around you. In Dark Souls on the other hard, be prepared to die.

EliteCreations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By EliteCreations

Problem is I feel like when I die, all that time getting those souls is lost, gone forever. And for the boss fight... I can't be slow ):

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@EliteCreations said:

Problem is I feel like when I die, all that time getting those souls is lost, gone forever. And for the boss fight... I can't be slow ):

Best thing to do in a boss fight if you have no clue what it does is keep your distance with your shield up (or be ready to roll) and try to stay near an obstacle in case they do ranged. Just examine the attacks and when you learn those bosses will become easy for the most part.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MiniPato

@EliteCreations said:

It's a life lesson, if you can't learn to let go, you can never press forward. You will die a few times during your first run through Demon's souls, but from your deaths you gain knowledge of how to prevail and the price of that knowledge is your souls.

Avatar image for antoinediamonds
    AntoineDiamonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AntoineDiamonds

eh i only had a problem in 3-1 where i died vs boss and those F-ing octopussy faces kept pulling some cheap stuff

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

Quit playing now. Well, at least I never bought the game. I knew this would happen. NEVER!!!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mandude

Spend. Them.

?

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By megalowho

Yes, but after a point you will let the fear of dying/losing souls go. The benefits of exploring and learning new areas or enemies will be worth more than the souls, especially as you start to spend more and level up. I don't remember exactly when I was able to let go and not be bothered by dying anymore, but it's one of the things the game is trying to teach you and it's a lot more fun when it happens.

Edit: That's from my Dark Souls experience. Demon's Souls I'd assume is similar in practice, even if personally I did not like the way that game handled the mechanic as much as Dark Souls does.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Commisar123

You'll eventually relize losing souls is part of the game, don't worry to much about it, but be sure to spend yuou souls when you can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.