Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Curse of Osiris officially announced

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zevvion

It was leaked a while back and confirmed to be a real thing by Bungie, but they never addressed it any further. They have now officially announced the DLC and it is slated for release December 5th.

I was a bit surprised to see the contents of the DLC, which has new missions, strikes, new patrol activities, a new social space; all expected. But apparently there is a new location already, Mercury, with a new mode in the Infinite Forrest within it, rumored to be a horde mode of some type. On top of that they mentioned new Raid content.

That last part is very surprising. They attempted to release a new Raid in D1 in its first DLC and it was a failure. The Raid was very glitchy and even if it wasn't, not very mechanically intense. Creating a new competent and interesting Raid takes a lot of time, several months, as they later revealed when they worked on King's Fall, the third Raid of D1.

It could just be that this new Raid content is just an updated Leviathan however, so I am inclined to expect something along those lines. Nevertheless, I am surprised we are getting more Raid stuff this soon.

Edit: Holtzmann took the video apart looking at each weapon and we can now start rumors that Jade Rabbit is returning as well as Thorn. Their models appear to be in this trailer. He also mentions Telesto as a possible return, though the model looks different so that one is a little more speculative.

galerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want Osiris' ghost shell. And hope his gun is an upgraded Vex Mythoclast

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Horde mode. I need me some horde mode.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trickling of old exotics across DLC packs sure is shitty. Destiny 1 exotics are so lame compared to Destiny 2 anyway. Can you even imagine using telesto or thorn for anything? Anyway, this is the Bungie marketing strategy in full effect, yet again.

Step 1-Throw around a bunch of vague bullshit so people imagine you have a lot of cool stuff. Step 2- Deliver well bellow expectations. Step 3- Profit. You're even falling for it Zev. If they have a robust horde mode in this I will eat my hat. We all know it's going to be some Prison of Elders/Court of Oryx type thing. No reason to get your hopes up. The "raid content" is specifically not "a new raid". This is so manipulative and missleading.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I'm not hyping up the rumored horde mode, just relaying what I heard. I fully expect the 'new raid content' to be an updated Leviathan and nothing more than that. A new weapon or two in the loot pool, ornaments to be earned by doing challenges and increasing the Recommended Power Level up to whatever the new cap will be.

I have experienced three years of Destiny content. I have my expectations in check. I just like whatever Destiny content they put out a bit more than you do.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Until I can enjoy the same PVP gameplay that I played for YEARS, and / or Destiny somehow gets a VERY compelling end-game, any and all DLC for this game gets an easy "nope!" from me.

I got my money's worth with Destiny 2, but no more until they fix what's broken, and return what what's missing. Crucible sucks.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@zevvion: Where have you heard anything about a Horde Mode? All I've seen is that the new Patrol is called Infinite Forrest. This Activision post is the most information we have as far as I know besides the Trailer breakdowns and apparently some footage Byf had of PvP.

PuppyKisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks kewl

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThePanzini

Would love a horde mode but I'm skeptical wouldn't the Acti post mention one also the wording for new raid content does seem to suggest an update rather than new, the last phrase is interesting 'a world quest to complete' any idea what this is?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

There were leaks a while ago that High Moon studios had been working on this content since the beginning of 2017. This is not a Dark Below situation where it was cranked out in a few weeks. Anything less than a full on new raid is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Raids are the marquee content in Destiny, every release they charge money for should have one.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any mentions of a horde mode. Where was that announced?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna know the price.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were leaks a while ago that High Moon studios had been working on this content since the beginning of 2017. This is not a Dark Below situation where it was cranked out in a few weeks. Anything less than a full on new raid us unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Raids are the Marquee content in Destiny, every release they charge money for should have one.

I'm totally for anything that would be a worthwhile raid replacement. A fully featured horde mode or anything like that would be fine by me. Unfortunately there won't be any of that in this DLC or the next if I had to guess. This is Destiny 1 all over again. A mountain of dumb decisions we're suppose to forgive because the game is going to improve over time... even though it's still this mangled after 3 years.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

Sure, I'll shoot some Vex in a new zone.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Osiris's ghost looks like it was ripped straight outta Knack.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Floss dance is my hot take

Floss dance make no mistake

Floss dance there's no debate

Floss dance is the best

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zevvion

@tuxedocruise

@hestilllives19 said:

@zevvion: Where have you heard anything about a Horde Mode? All I've seen is that the new Patrol is called Infinite Forrest. This Activision post is the most information we have as far as I know besides the Trailer breakdowns and apparently some footage Byf had of PvP.

As I said it is just a rumor. These have been going around since D2's reveal. Along with the prospect of there being some procedural generation in there. Nature of rumors is that they have no strong evidence. There were several threads on Reddit about it over the past couple of months. It was always just 'anonymous source' stuff though. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I wanted this all to be confirmed by multiple sources first and it looks like it has been now by at least two journalists who were at Paris.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-30-our-first-look-at-destiny-2-expansion-curse-of-osiris

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/31/destiny-2-curse-of-osiris-raises-power-level-to-330-opens-lighthouse-to-everyone-features-new-raid-content-and-more/

• Level Cap will be raised to 25
    • Power Cap will be raised to 330 from 300 or 335 with Mods like it is currently 305.
    • December 5th on all 3 Platforms and we will be exploring Mercury, with new Quests, Missions, Adventures, a Strike and new Raid content.
    • The Lighthouse from Destiny will be the new Social Space.
    • Story Stuff: Ikora Rey sends you to Mercury to find the exiled Warlock Osiris. You’ll be taking on the Vex and there are four main characters featured in Curse of Osiris. Osiris himself is central to all of this, obviously, but it also introduces Sagira, his ghost. She’ll be guiding you through Curse of Osiris and it’s the first time you speak to another ghost in Destiny. She’s voiced by Morena Baccarin, Firefly fans. Brother Vance from original Destiny will also return, unsurprisingly, as he was the NPC for Trials of Osiris.
    • One of the Mercury locations is the Infinite Forest, a simulated reality controlled by the Vex. Expect a lot of Vex backstory in Curse of Osiris.
    • Wormhaven is the PlayStation exclusive multiplayer map.

Bungie is going to broadcast livestreams on Twitch to show off more of Curse of Osiris during November.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice! Also, thanks for the post. I'm excited for any excuse for more Destiny.

Infinite Forest sounds like the perfect backdrop for that horde mode rumor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.