Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 06, 2017

The full-fledged follow-up to Bungie's sci-fi "looter shooter", streamlining much of the previous game's mechanics while featuring larger worlds and new abilities. It was later made free-to-play.

Destiny 2 Rumored to Come to Pc - Feel like a brand new game

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-2-coming-to-pc-aims-to-feel-like-a-to-1787153460

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

Cool. I can wait.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Everything Jason wrote about sounds like a step in the right direction. I hope they execute it! I skipped Rise of Iron because it seemed like a bad deal for me.

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Artikay

It all sounds good except the possibility of leaving characters behind.

Destiny was launched with the promise of making a character and keeping it over the 10 year lifespan of the franchise, and it is one of the only things unique to Destiny.

I understand changes must be made for the better, but maybe they can find some way to make all the progress you made in Destiny 1 have some effect on your progress in Destiny 2.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not to be that guy but if you're going to post news at least summarize it with a few bullet points before posting a link.

Adding a town to each patrol area would be a smart move, one of my problems with Destiny is there's just too much downtime and the tower kind of sucks. I wasnt the biggest fan of The Division but at least that had a decent amount of safe houses littered about the place each with it's own gimmick. (and annoying one note npcs)

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@artikay: Honestly, I think that was a pretty weak promise to players. What I could see them doing is maybe do something like with SWTOR where your Destiny 2 character will be a descendant or family member of your Destiny 1 character and you get special abilities/perks from that.

Haven't touched this game since it came out and don't think I will, but if the new game looks like it has an actual world to explore, some nice needed features, and doesn't seem like a DLC scam, count me in.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I kind of like the feel of the game as a console shooter but playing on PC would be fine too. I will be bummed though if I don't get any goodies for all the hard work I put in on Destiny 1. Also I would just like to say that there are things about Destiny that I hope they keep. Like armor shaders and emblems.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should've been on PC from the jump. Glad to hear this and super excited. Better not be a shit port either.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool, I hope it's true. I only like playing shooters with a mouse, so I've always just assumed the franchise was something I would never play (though I was never really aching to play the first game, with its shortcomings). I'd definitely be interested in playing this one if the port is decent and they make good on it being a more full-featured game. I suspect that first part is a big "if," though.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I put nearly 500 hours into Destiny, and only about 20 of those came after The Taken King. Honestly, it might just be from me never having played any MMO for any length of time other than the free three months of FF XI I lucked into on PS2 for participating in the Beta test, but when Destiny finally changed that dramatically I wasn't at all prepared for it. I almost exclusively played my Titan and felt like, three raids deep, someone who didn't raid at all was just left in the lurch.

At one point, before I realized it was just smarter to leave the game behind, I even considered wiping one of my characters and starting over from scratch just so I'd have things to do that felt familiar to me but were of value, I could see how all the changes of The Taken King affected the progression from 1-20 and, honestly, I could get that hit of something new from my equipment which I just wasn't getting as a solo, non-LFG player who couldn't experience the raids or actually rewarding Prison of Elders tiers as a result of my play style preference.

So this honestly speaks greatly to me. I'd love to start out on a level playing field with everyone again, level 1, everyone learning everything all at the same time. Although I didn't participate much in the community whether through fireteams or forums, I really enjoyed the sense of wonder when everything was new and you were running a strike with a couple strangers for the first time, and looking at people's gear during the downtime after a strike and wondering what the hell their gear was that was making that cool sound or had that cool glow.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Been thinkin about Destiny 2 lately. Man, that original package better be fuckin stellar, I tell ya.

Think I'll stick to PS4 though.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything Jason wrote about sounds like a step in the right direction. I hope they execute it! I skipped Rise of Iron because it seemed like a bad deal for me.

I was at the same boat until I discovered that I had some leftover psn credits from last Christmas so I took the plunge. It does have it's pro's and con's but overall it's a good edition to the game.

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dayve86

Haven't picked up Rise of Iron yet, but I love me some Destiny so I'm pumped to see what comes from the sequel. I prefer playing shooters with mouse and keyboard, but I dunno something about how Destiny feels makes me think I might stick with PS4. Maybe I'll feel differently when more information is revealed but if anything from the first game is moving over to the sequel and you'd miss out of that by switching to PC it doesn't really seem worth it to me.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I really just want to keep my shaders and emblems. You can take off everything else, I'm okay with that. I just really want them to keep the shader and emblem system. That was my favorite customizable part to that game.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artikay: dude you can max out a character in a matter of days, plus any equipment you have is made useless when a new expansion comes out.

What is the point in keeping the character? To keep those limited appearance customization options that people barely see?

Just make the character look same-ish and it will be like you kept it.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well.. there are pre-orders up on www.destinythegame.com... so.. i guess i'll get to check on Destiny this time around :)

SURPLUS_NiNjA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I look forward to trying this game out on PC. I worry that it will end up like a lot of multiplayer games developed for consoles and ported to PC though, a hacker riddled nightmare.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThePanzini

Destiny on PC will be interesting console games tend not to transition well to PC, especially as Bungie often use autoaim to balance weapons curious to see how they handle it and the reaction to P2P will be fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's pretty cool. Don't know if I will ever check it out but the chance is higher on PC. I always prefer playing FPS games with mouse and keyboard.

@surplus_ninja: I played Halo Combat Evolved on PC alot, but yeah I remember that game was riddled with people using aimbot. I don't even know if there was any worry of getting permabanned, seems like there was little protection for cheaters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty much the only way I would be down for a sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.