Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

There's a bug that revealed future content for Destiny.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

A player came across a bug that reveled the future content of the game. I can't say I'm surprised at all, but there are people that's pretty upset by this. How do some of you guys feel about this? Personally, I don't feel upset at all since this has been going on for years.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Looks like a bunch of new strikes, and some more raids. That's cool.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3 ll_Exile_ll  Online

Upset about what? The new content seems much more substantial than I expected.

Are people upset that the info already in the game? I don't think that means the actual content is on the disc.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvl 28 raid in the reef? fuck yes

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Be neat if that Raid is actually on The Reef.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Evilsbane

That seems like a good boost if that comes out pretty soon.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zella

Do we even know the DLC is even actually on the disc? With the timeline they gave for them I would bet that the actual content of the DLC isn't on disc and they just have already placed mission markers for the DLC.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people are upset that it might only be a raid and a new strike or two for each DLC item.

Honestly, if a new planet or something beyond raids for endgame content isn't in, that'll be ultra shitty.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Any word on how the user stumbled upon the extra content?

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

$30 for both, right? Yeesh.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By doctordonkey

I'm going to assume Saturn and Mercury will be patched in or something. If 35$ doesn't get you a couple of new planets, than I am bowing right the fuck out of that one. I hope the majority of the work isn't going into raid content again, I'm never even going to touch that stuff.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

35 bucks for more places you can go and hit square on, awesome

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to assume Saturn and Mercury will be patched in or something. If 35$ doesn't get you a couple of new planets, than I am bowing right the fuck out of that one. I hope the majority of the work isn't going into raid content again, I'm never even going to touch that stuff.

You should, it's the best content in the game. Just add a bunch of people from the GB clan to your friendslist and ask them if they want to check out the raid when you hit lvl 26. Worked super well for me, we ended up completing it today and it was amazing.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crembaw

@zella said:

Do we even know the DLC is even actually on the disc? With the timeline they gave for them I would bet that the actual content of the DLC isn't on disc and they just have already placed mission markers for the DLC.

It isn't on-disc, just mission markers. Some of the geometry is there and you can get in there via glitching, but none of the missions or AI are set up or in place. Plus, we've no indication that this is all there will be in the expansions, just that the expansions will also bring these new strikes. Though to be honest, I will be a little disappointed if there isn't a new area either split between them or within the next eight months. I'm hopeful there will be, since I've heard rumors of being able to get into a Jovian Complex, or something like that, via glitches.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@pyrodactyl: It's simply too much of a bother for me. I don't have the patience to find 5 other people to do a multi-hour long dungeon, I had that kinda time back in high school playing WoW, but not anymore. I hope they put even half the creativity and effort into the new strikes/missions that they did with Vault of Glass.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ll_Exile_ll  Online

@doctordonkey said:

You should, it's the best content in the game. Just add a bunch of people from the GB clan to your friendslist and ask them if they want to check out the raid when you hit lvl 26. Worked super well for me, we ended up completing it today and it was amazing.

I will second this, the raid is great. I completed the raid for a second time today with a different group of GB duders than the first time I did it. If you're interested @doctordonkey, I suggest joining the GB group and sending some friend requests, there are plenty of people I'm sure would be more than willing to raid with you.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I've been stuck at lvl 24 for such a long time now and I can't find myself to play for hours on end just to get suitable gear for raids which again, requires ungodly amount of hours to beat. Wish they would focus more on having more fun strikes and story missions. A bigger drop rate on loot would be great too... I don't think I'm going to be playing this game anytime soon in like a month or so.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I saw pretty much everything the game had to offer, and I still came away feeling kind of indifferent about the whole thing. Even still, this doesn't seem like bad DLC. They've been pretty straightforward about what it's going to be. Heck, there's even a pretty decent description of the first one in the online store. They never said anything about new planets, and as long as the areas are different-ish within the established planets, this seems totally okay. The environment design in this game is among the things that it kind of does well.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how this little bit of info was mean't to be negative, and ended up being received with positive feedback for the most part.

Then we find out Bungie released the video!

Anyway, Destiny is a bit short on content, but I've gotten my $60's worth. I'm a huge MMO/RPG player, so maybe I am just used to it. The content in the expansion is less than I want, but not light enough to make me regret my expansion pre-order. That is, if the original posters linked video is actually legitimate.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@crembaw said:

@zella said:

It isn't on-disc, just mission markers. Some of the geometry is there and you can get in there via glitching, but none of the missions or AI are set up or in place. Plus, we've no indication that this is all there will be in the expansions, just that the expansions will also bring these new strikes. Though to be honest, I will be a little disappointed if there isn't a new area either split between them or within the next eight months. I'm hopeful there will be, since I've heard rumors of being able to get into a Jovian Complex, or something like that, via glitches.

Nah, its on the disc. People are posting videos of playing the Kings watch mission on youtube.

Loading Video...

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ll_Exile_ll  Online

Meh, I've been stuck at lvl 24 for such a long time now and I can't find myself to play for hours on end just to get suitable gear for raids which again, requires ungodly amount of hours to beat. Wish they would focus more on having more fun strikes and story missions. A bigger drop rate on loot would be great too... I don't think I'm going to be playing this game anytime soon in like a month or so.

The raid takes like 3-4 hours to complete if you have even a basic idea of how to proceed. That stuff about 10+ hours was for the pioneers that had to figure everything out for themselves.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

@sterling: Funny, I came across what looked like the entrance to Kings Watch earlier tonight. It was pretty weird to see enemies show up on the radar inside but no way to get to them. Extra weird that there's a fuckin boss and collectibles inside there too.

They should come out and state what exactly you'll be getting with the paid DLC, and give a general sense of what sort of stuff they'll be adding (or I guess unlocking as the case may be) for free. I guess they already came out and said what kind of content would be in the first DLC, but yeah, shit like this is still just fuckin weird.

Also holy shit the commentary in that video.

No Caption Provided

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OurSin_360

I hope all that is unlocking for free, seems like some stuff that was meant to be released at launch

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: The names of everything make it sound like the DLC pack. I don't think I'll drop €30 on this DLC unless the reviews of it are that it actually fixes the story and the content is mind blowingly good. But after seeing the base game I doubt it'll be anything more than wave defence, mini boss, boss with waves that come every 25% hp.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Humanity

@ll_exile_ll: What is more substantial about more strikes on the same planets?

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By a_e_martin

I think at this point the only way I'd pay 35 euros for the expansion pass is if each expansion added at least one new planet, with five story missions and at least one strike per planet, along with more Crucible content.

Obviously that's not going to happen. The stuff they're seemingly adding in the expansions should have been in the game on day one, if you ask me.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BoOzak

So the new planets will be in Destiny 2? Guess i'll just rent that then.

I'm glad I never bought the original, it was fun while it lasted (completed it in about 2 days) and the Strike and Raid content is much better thought out and varied than the spartan ops style 'story' missions. But the shallow loot grind at the endgame reminded me of WoW just without the large interconnected world that made that game.

This is all just speculation though. This could all be free content that they were holding back for all we know, although the cynic in me doubts that. And it's kind of a shitty way to extend the life of the game either way.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Are people upset that the info already in the game? I don't think that means the actual content is on the disc.

This pretty much, all we know for sure is that they have placed markers on the map of where the content needs to go, we don't know if its on there already and if it is, we don't know if the levels are fully finished or still being worked on. Most modern mmos will force everyone to download all content and then lock it off until you pay for that aspect of it, i know Destiny is only part mmo but its not unreasonable to assume they are gradually rolling this stuff out so that when we finally get to the day of the content being available the user can just press the button to buy it and have instant access. We also need to take into consideration that for all players to be able to see any new gear everyone will need to have this on their machines.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Activision's DLC pricing is almost as bad as Square's pricing for mobile games.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By Zevvion

@ll_exile_ll said:

Because all they said was the stuff on the Moon for the first expansion. So what the guy shows in the video might not be 1 expansion, it might be spread across several. Since the base game held so little content, it would be awful if they actually spread this content around multiple expansions as well.

Not to mention with the exception of the Reef, everything is in existing locations. It's just new missions in the same areas you've already seen.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Looking at the images, the stuff he shows is across two expansion, the first is The Dark Below and the second is The House of Wolves. This is roughly $50-60 worth of DLC he's showing.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By a_e_martin

Here's a list of the content seen in that video, from Eurogamer's article (via Reddit). It seems like it covers both the first expansion, "The Dark Below", and the second, "House of Wolves".

Earth

• Strike [Level 10] - The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers it's strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
    • Story Mission [Level 18] - The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
    • Story Mission [Level 18] - The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota's reign.
    • Story Mission [Level 20] - Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrone.

Moon:

• Strike [Level 14] - The House of Wolves: No description
    • Strike [Level 26] - The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth (part of an exotic bounty not new expansion content.
    • RAID [Level 28] - Crota's End: He waits in the dark below
    • Story Mission [Level 20] - The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.

Venus

• Story Mission [Level 20] - Wolves' Harvest: Track down the Queen's traitorous Wolves and recover what they've stolen from the Awoken.
    • Story Mission [Level 22] - The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves' Kell

Mars

• Strike [Level 20] - The Hypogeum: The resurrection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden's heart beats again.

Reef

• RAID [Level 28] - Reef Raid: No Description

Crucible

• Skirmish [Special Event?] - Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come.
    • A string of victories will earn you great rewards - but lose three times and you're out.
    • 3v3 Team Deathmatch
    • Level Advantages Enabled
    • Weekly Rewards
    • Trial Set Gear
    • Ascendant Materials
    • Crucible Marks
    Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zevvion

@zevvion: Looking at the images, the stuff he shows is across two expansion, the first is The Dark Below and the second is The House of Wolves. This is roughly $50-60 worth of DLC he's showing.

Which is kind of crazy considering most of it are in locations you've already been.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.. it REALLY sucks if that's all there's going to be in the expansion, worse still if that's showing more than one, a hand full of story missions (which will contain just a tinny small microscopic amount of actual story) and some new strikes and stuff.. all in the same fucking places we have already been a billion times.. if the dlc was like 5 dollars I wouldn't mind but of course that is not the case.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@zevvion: Yeah, which is why I'm not picking this up right away and as I said, it'll need to be mind blowingly good for me to get it at all. I've already spent enough on this game and don't feel like I've gotten my moneys worth, so I'm not going to throw more money at them.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a list of the content seen in that video, from Eurogamer's article (via Reddit). It seems like it covers both the first expansion, "The Dark Below", and the second, "House of Wolves".

Earth

• Strike [Level 10] - The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers it's strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
    • Story Mission [Level 18] - The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
    • Story Mission [Level 18] - The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota's reign.
    • Story Mission [Level 20] - Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrone.

Moon:

• Strike [Level 14] - The House of Wolves: No description
    • Strike [Level 26] - The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth (part of an exotic bounty not new expansion content.
    • RAID [Level 28] - Crota's End: He waits in the dark below
    • Story Mission [Level 20] - The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.

Venus

• Story Mission [Level 20] - Wolves' Harvest: Track down the Queen's traitorous Wolves and recover what they've stolen from the Awoken.
    • Story Mission [Level 22] - The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves' Kell

Mars

• Strike [Level 20] - The Hypogeum: The resurrection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden's heart beats again.

Reef

• RAID [Level 28] - Reef Raid: No Description

Crucible

• Skirmish [Special Event?] - Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come.
    • A string of victories will earn you great rewards - but lose three times and you're out.
    • 3v3 Team Deathmatch
    • Level Advantages Enabled
    • Weekly Rewards
    • Trial Set Gear
    • Ascendant Materials
    • Crucible Marks

This all kinds of wrong. Trials of Osiris is part of an exotic bounty to get a scout rifle if I remember correctly and Summoning Pits lvl 26 is part of the thorn exotic bounty. But yeah, I would probably pay $30 for 4 strikes and 2 raids + a few story missions.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pyrodactyl

@zevvion said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

Because all they said was the stuff on the Moon for the first expansion. So what the guy shows in the video might not be 1 expansion, it might be spread across several. Since the base game held so little content, it would be awful if they actually spread this content around multiple expansions as well.

Not to mention with the exception of the Reef, everything is in existing locations. It's just new missions in the same areas you've already seen.

I'm confident they can get a lot of mileage out of existing locations. Just look at the vault of glass compared to the rest of the content on Venus. It's totally different with creative locations and game mechanics.

@zevvion said:

@jesus_phish said:

Which is kind of crazy considering most of it are in locations you've already been.

It's $35 for both (season pass) and presumably $20 each.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ll_Exile_ll  Online

@humanity said:

@ll_exile_ll: What is more substantial about more strikes on the same planets?

Well, I was never among those that expected new planets and such. Don't get me wrong, I was hoping for a lot more, but I was expecting even less than this. After the absurdly small amount of things to do in the final game bungie has lost the benefit of the doubt in regards to delivering an adequate amount of content. I was expecting less than what these leaks suggest is in the expansions, but hoping for more.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wonder when Mercury will show up if not in the next update. I know it's in the game (had a match on Mercury last week), and I'm pretty psyched to see PVE there

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Yeah, which is why I'm not picking this up right away and as I said, it'll need to be mind blowingly good for me to get it at all. I've already spent enough on this game and don't feel like I've gotten my moneys worth, so I'm not going to throw more money at them.

Yes, if I was a self respecting human being I would definitely do the same. Unfortunately, I am really enjoying the game and cannot control myself from not getting the expansion even if it's not even close to a fair deal.

They should make all the content shown in this video free for people who paid full price for the game to make up for the base game being so small.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't know if i miss-remembering but wasn't there supposed to be at least 2 "free" raids?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If the locations that people are glitching into are not part of a FREE special event type of deal then Bungie is in for a type of shitstorm that has never been seen in video games. Mass Effect 3 ending drama wont even compare.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrailx said:

i don't know if i miss-remembering but wasn't there supposed to be at least 2 "free" raids?

The videos seem to indicate the Kings' Watch stuff isn't part of those, and is already on-disc. This is starting to look really mind-bogglingly bad. If they don't address any of this, or their only way of addressing it is through cheek like the last few patch notes, then yeah, they probably have a huge shitstorm coming.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Got to level 21 and I'm probably done with this game. Might play if someone invites me but its boring as shit past level 20.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.