Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

1.03 patch notes

• 70 results
    shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shrinerr
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pweidman

NT getting nerfed sucks, but at least it looks like drop rates will be more reasonable. So curious to play this in a couple hrs when they're done w/maintenance.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

This is my favorite part of the patch:

• Elite packs (Champion/Rare) now drop an additional item for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, which is guaranteed to be of Rare quality

Happy farming!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WMWA

Any eta for Americas?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@wmaustin55 said:

Any eta for Americas?

The link said it went live at 1PM in the EU, so I'm guessing it'll kick in at 1PM in NA. I think that's how the patches have rolled out so far, right?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

@wmaustin55: According to the Community Manager:

The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT (6/19) to 1:00 p.m. PDT (6/19)

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WMWA
    @Ravenlight@eroticfishcake Ahh, okay, cool. Thanks, Duders!
    bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bio595

Yay, buff timer for Magic Weapon!

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Sweet, I can finally continue playing Diablo 3.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By valrog

That is one big patch. I like it.

fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fudge91

"The Staff of Herding can no longer be salvaged or dropped"

Well THANK GOD for this, too late for me though. But I'm glad to know it wont happen to any other people now..

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spiritgod

I'm so glad for this patch. I was saving all my gem upgrades until this release and was running out of room in my stash. Can't wait to start up Inferno again!

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gamefreak9

WOOT on the gems!

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ichthy

•Colossal Golgor base damage has been reduced

•Herald of Pestilence tentacle attack damage has been reduced

•Soul Ripper and Soul Lasher damage has been reduced and both monsters will now run away less often

•Wasps in Act II, Mage Constructs in Act II, and Winged Mollocks in Acts III and IV will now run away less

•Succubus monsters will now run away less and for a shorter distance

ALL GOOD

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Robo

Some great changes. Some we'll have to try out before judging.

The NT nerf sucks but I'm sure we'll figure other builds out. Personally I've never been super reliant on it.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shaggydude

WOOT? New patch means the game will be laggy today and probably for another week or two. Who wants to bet the Americas server doesn't last 48 hours before another scheduled maintenance? Oh cool, gems and gear cost less to craft... yet repair costs are going up for level 60 gear? WTF!? If anything they should be reducing my repair bill considering how many deaths I've experienced from battle.net lag. For everything they "fix" they quietly add shit that makes me less interested in playing.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jack268

Yeah I'm k with NT getting nerfed (Replace it with the lightning arrow rune I guess? Stuns + Faster projectile speed + Same damage) because the patch brings some great other changes at least. I hated farming stupid bullshit like Act 3 resplendents or Siegebreaker and found the Butcher much easier and more fun to farm, so being able to get actual good loot from him is a godsend.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

+ Attack Speed bonus values on weapons and armor have been reduced by 50%

"Balanced" superior items (i.e. Balanced Short Sword) will now grant a percent attack speed increase that only affects the weapon itself, rather than a flat increase to attacks per second that affected both equipped weapons when dual-wielding

DW monk: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm gonna login and see a huge damage drop for every single one of my characters aren't I?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pweidman

I have two 15% IAS rings on my DH because of the healthy damage boosts, but I've saved some more balanced rare rings for this nerf. Seems like Dex should add more to dps though now, considering this 50% drop. Hmmmm.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Subjugation

Looks to a be a good patch overall. It makes me actually want to play Inferno again. Maybe I'll finally move on to Act III. Time to dust off the barbarian.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Good changes, now I can finally play any of my 3 level 60's again beyond the beginning of act 3 without having to farm gold like I'm a gold farmer being whipped for the AH.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Ben_H

This definitely makes me want to play again now that all of my biggest annoyances are fixed like those stupid wasps and how busted invulnerable minions was at times.. Kinda annoyed at how cheap it is to upgrade blacksmith though because my blacksmith is now 1 upgrade from being completely done. That's a ton of gold I could have saved. Though not needing tomes or pages for smithing kinda makes up for it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#23  Edited By StarvingGamer

Sorry Civ V, guess I won't be picking you up again after all. It's no big deal, you got my money already anyways.

But man, wtf am I going to use without NT?

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By HydraHam

What should i use instead of NT now? i have just been farming A1 warden/butcher, is NT still good for that? i don't really follow the "metagame" or anything so i really don't know a whole lot.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cataphract1014

My barb can actually be a barb now!

No more kiting around with a sword and shield.  Just charge in and murder some people with a 2 hander.  It is awesome.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#26  Edited By alistercat

@Cataphract1014 said:

My barb can actually be a barb now! No more kiting around with a sword and shield. Just charge in and murder some people with a 2 hander. It is awesome.

What change specifically makes that possible?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @AlisterCat said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

My barb can actually be a barb now! No more kiting around with a sword and shield. Just charge in and murder some people with a 2 hander. It is awesome.

What change specifically makes that possible?

Before even the most basic white monsters would take me down to like 10% health every fight, but now they do less damage in act 2 so I don't need to have a shield equipped.  It still gets a bit dicey, but it is way better than before.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pweidman

Well my DH is now seriously gimped in inferno. I was slowly progessing thru act one the past few days and enjoying it too. The combo of IAS and NT nerfs are killing me. Other elemental runes are nowhere near as good as NT imo, so most champ mobs are nigh impossible for me now. I don't get it. Repair costs have tripled and gem combining is still the same amount(too much). WTF? Maybe other classes are now much better?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tennmuerti

Errrrm WTF is going on it says the patch is now live in EU, but my version has not been patched it's still 1.02

Edit: it seems the patch is not actually yet live for a lot of regions.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lanechanger

This patch looks great, and in some way, I feel like the game should have launched with these changes in mind before so many people got frustrated. But oh well, I've been enjoying the crap out of it and will enjoy it even more now.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gamefreak9

@Tennmuerti said:

Errrrm WTF is going on it says the patch is now live in EU, but my version has not been patched it's still 1.02 Edit: it seems the patch is not actually yet live for a lot of regions.

Its not live for EU, there always some kind of patch preparation period where my game gets glitched and I enter the infamous patch loop. Aka I can't play until the patch is out in EU :P.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By valrog

No sign of the patch on my end. Will probably wait until tomorrow.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uniform
    @pweidman said:

Well my DH is now seriously gimped in inferno. I was slowly progessing thru act one the past few days and enjoying it too. The combo of IAS and NT nerfs are killing me. Other elemental runes are nowhere near as good as NT imo, so most champ mobs are nigh impossible for me now. I don't get it. Repair costs have tripled and gem combining is still the same amount(too much). WTF? Maybe other classes are now much better?

NT is pretty much finished now as the mandatory RMB. It looks like a tossup between Ball Lightning and Frost Arrow+Cull of the Weak as replacements. I'm actually looking forward to messing around with both. Sure, pumping out massive damage on bosses with pre-nerf NT was fun while it lasted, but adapting to change with something new can be fun too. The IAS nerf is why I'm kind of dreading logging in tonight. I didn't stack it, but it just happened to be on a lot of rares I bought on AH with high Dex, not to mention the crossbow I've been using forever is a 1200+IAS weapon. I imagine the thing will have mediocre damage when I look at it tonight. Good news is I got a lot of use out of the crossbow. Bad news is I wasn't aware of the IAS nerf until yesterday, so I basically don't have a replacement weapon.
    Spooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spooty

I dodged the IAS nerf and only a few thousand damage. The nerf to NT was needed and ball lightning or frost bolt are acceptable replacements. But the increase for repair is unacceptable. It's clearly a way to drive people to the RMAH. You lose so much gold upon death and just general use that it's near impossible to make a decent gold income. Even more, they nerfed chests and boss drops so you have to clear a ton of elite/champs to get good gear which puts up the chance of getting an unbeatable combo on the monster. Unless you have impossibly high vit and resist this patch just raped your gold.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By OmegaPirate

My..... My tentacles :(

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Turambar

The increase in equipment repair costs definitely hurts.  It's costing 5-7k per death for my characters currently. 

@Tennmuerti said:

Errrrm WTF is going on it says the patch is now live in EU, but my version has not been patched it's still 1.02  Edit: it seems the patch is not actually yet live for a lot of regions.
    It's been live for NA for the last three hours.  No idea about the other areas.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Turambar
    @Spooty said:

I dodged the IAS nerf and only a few thousand damage. The nerf to NT was needed and ball lightning or frost bolt are acceptable replacements. But the increase for repair is unacceptable. It's clearly a way to drive people to the RMAH. You lose so much gold upon death and just general use that it's near impossible to make a decent gold income. Even more, they nerfed chests and boss drops so you have to clear a ton of elite/champs to get good gear which puts up the chance of getting an unbeatable combo on the monster. Unless you have impossibly high vit and resist this patch just raped your gold.

No, not quite.  It's meant to counter parties that take advantage of resurrections to pretty much zerg an elite pack to death without letting their hp go back up between deaths.  Considering bonus damage from party size was getting removed, they had to do something to make move punishable.  Regular enemies will drop a thousand gold in one big pile at times, so while, as I said before, it hurts, it shouldn't wipe out your income entirely.
    Spooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Spooty

@Turambar:

Maybe you are just getting luckier for gold piles cause I hardly get anything for as far as gold. The rare weapon drops have been especially crappy since this patch too. Already lost over 200k to deaths due to impossible champ/elites and no good place to use my stacks now.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Subjugation

Yeah, Act II still wrecks me. More Warden/Butcher runs I guess. #shouldvebeenawizard

The wasps still seem to flee as much as before as well. Maybe it's just me, but they seem just as annoying as pre-patch.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pweidman

@Spooty said:

Not sure about those runes being acceptable replacements for NT, but you're right on about the repair cost increase. And it's repair constantly that is so costly, not just the 10% per death. It's a huge gold drain and if zerging is the real reason they did that, which is hard for me to fathom, then they fucked this up. This will cause Blizz the biggest backlash by far.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#41  Edited By Daneian

I like how they fixed a bug where the Lyceum wasn't appearing in the Southern Highlands. I've run that place 60 times.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Panpipe

@Daneian said:

I like how they fixed a bug where the Lyceum wasn't appearing in the Southern Highlands. I've run that place 60 times.

Whaaaat!?

My friend tried about 200 games the other day trying to get that place.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Turambar
    @Spooty said:

@Turambar:

Maybe you are just getting luckier for gold piles cause I hardly get anything for as far as gold. The rare weapon drops have been especially crappy since this patch too. Already lost over 200k to deaths due to impossible champ/elites and no good place to use my stacks now.

When all else fails, get a party going.  No more bonus party damage from enemies, so that is very viable now.
    Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#44  Edited By Daneian

@Panpipe said:

@Daneian said:

Whaaaat!?

My friend tried about 200 games the other day trying to get that place.

Maybe he'll do like i just did and get it on the first try!

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Robo

So my DPS was down close to 10k when I logged on (from 60 to 50). Pretty significant. Turns out more of my gear had decent IAS than I thought.

Unfortunately until I can get different gear, it sort of negates a lot of the fixes to enemies. At least I can take more than one hit in Act II now (from normal mobs) but the health pools of champs/elites minus the DPS output has me still resorting to a kite-fest and bumping up against that enrage timer for certain groups and outright running out of hatred/discipline trying to get away from others while whittling them down, resorting in some now very costly deaths.

We'll see how things get if I actually come across some upgrades.

edit.

Fucking hell. 10k gold in repairs because I can't take out this illusionist reflect damage nightmarish mortar skeleton. Going to kiss my stacks goodbye and swap out my frost arrow with screaming skulls. It's worthless against bosses but it keeps champs/elites away pretty well. Frost arrow seems fairly worthless against just about everything other than trash.

Aslo it's nice seeing the iLevel on items now...so I can see all the bullshit ilvl 55 rares I seem to keep getting in Act 2 of fucking inferno...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tennmuerti

The repairs are an additional constant money sink pure and simple. Without it you have a continuous inflation as has already been happening with the gold AH. Same principle was applied to WoW raiding.

Secondary function is it's also a penalty to encourage smarter play and actually staying alive rather then throwing bodies at elite packs and wining by attrition.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#47  Edited By StarvingGamer

@iHydraHam @pweidman I did a full clear of Act I inferno with absolutely no problem using the Fear Skull rune for Elemental Arrow. Even Fast/Jailer/Shielding and Fast/Mortar/Invincible Minions were basically no problem.

Basically fuck NT use whatever you want. Your real DPS should be coming from Devouring Arrow anyways.

ra20r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By ra20r

I feel incredibly demoralized after I logged in. I spent a lot of time farming for gold so I can get those increased attack speed items and now all that money I spent, and time, was for nothing. Man I am struggling to get myself around that and just try and finish in inferno. I had no idea how much IAS made such a difference. Oh well gotta push a little harder now.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pweidman

@StarvingGamer: OK, I'll try the Fear rune. The Poison rune on fire support working for me too. My new CB is helping tons. The repair gold drain is still an issue it seems. But getting 60-63's is nice I must admit.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By s10129107

Well i don't really wanna complain too much but the repair costs are Fing ridiculous. 20000 before you even get to yellow. 40000 before you get to red. I can't afford to solo anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.