Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Death - When Did It Happen to Your Hero? (Keep it Spoilerfree)

• 60 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Death happend to me once thus far - someplace in Act 2. There's a specific point in Act 2, where difficulty drastically ramps up. T'was a horde of 'going stealth' enemies, whom popped my Demon Hunter's death cherry. Their invisibility and sheer number got the better of me. I didn't see it coming. Up to that point, I was pretty much untouchable. Since, the game has become much more involved. Lots of deadly AoE (don't stand in the fire) and various other devious enemy tactics threaten my hero's life.

What type of enemy got your hero killed for the first time, what 'special ability' got the better of you? (please keep it as spoiler free as you can)

Offtopic: Tell you what, a Diablo variant on consoles with dualstick topdown shooter-like controls, with an emphasis on reactive movement, bringing some sort of a bullet hell type of appeal to the lootfest formula - it'd be a dream come true. Really enjoy 'avoiding death' with evasive manouvers and defensive skills in Diablo 3 with my Demon Hunter. Good stuff.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Oni

Act 3 for the first time. Foolishy rushed into a group of those exploding demons. They exploded. I died.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cataphract1014

I am not sure when my first was, but I am getting 2 shot by shit in act 3.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

Act 2 Boss, he hits hard... :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first death came from a group of random enemies in Act 1 because of lag. Thanks Blizzard.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Those deceptively evil trees that shoot acid spewing plant-like mines in some field in act 1. Fuck acid.

I'm also getting killed by those stupid bugs in act 2 that spit out other bugs in a straight line that do like 50 damage each. Unless I'm looking out for them and dodging, or I cast Serenity (which is a Monk skill that absorbs all damage for 3 seconds), they can halve my HP in an instant. So it really sucks when there's two of 'em. Also they're pretty hard to hit sometimes. Wily little bastards.

@Seppli said:

Offtopic: Tell you what, a Diablo variant on consoles with dualstick topdown shooter-like controls, with an emphasis on reactive movement, bringing some sort of a bullet hell type of appeal to the lootfest formula - it'd be a dream come true. Really enjoy 'avoiding death' with evasive manouvers and defensive skills in Diablo 3 with my Demon Hunter. Good stuff.

Bastion, Bastion, Bastion.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By chainreaction01

My first came in Act One, was fighting a tree guy a didn't realize that he had dropped the poison spores. Least to say they did quite a bit of damage in a short period of time leading to my untimely demise.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'm halfway through act3 and haven't died yet, nor even came close ever, as long as you keep your gear up to date from time to time it's a breeze, even bosses have been pushovers. Think i have used 2 pots total so far. With a templar as a buddy and plenty of other passive regen my monk is just not getting phased at all. Overwhelming dps also helps when everythign is dying in 1-2 hits.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli

@MikkaQ:

Still haven't gotten around to Bastion, but yes, that's definitely in the vein of what I'd imagine a cosolified Diablo to be like.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

A Mortar champion in act 3. I didn't know what it did and my DH definitely did not have the HP/mitigation to survive the full volley to the face I took.

Second time was later in act 3 when I was so busy burning down a gold monster that I didn't stop to wonder what the new fat enemies that were running at me did. Turns out they explode.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By management

@Marz said:

Act 2 Boss, he hits hard... :D

This mixed with stupid positioning is not a good combination.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PhantomGardener

Act 1 actually.. Got surrounded by a bunch of those tree guys, and got stuck between them..

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Heltom92

Act1, killed one of those tree guys and leveled up to 10, whilst I was looking at my new skills I didn't realise I was taking damage from the poison.

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Stepside

Yep, the trees in the middle of the field got me too. Fucking acid spores.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Subjugation

Act 2 boss. Green circles everywheeerreeeee..... Pretty sure I legitimately didn't have anywhere to run.

Also, just started on nightmare and even regular old rare mobs are wiping the floor with me. It's definitely more difficult. It actually scares me to think what hell and inferno will be like. Have mercy.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By emem

Act 2. I play my wizard rather offensively, basically freeze and bomb everything, and during a lag spike I got surrounded by 5-6 insect swarms and died instantly. 

The first death that was my own fault happened at the game's final boss encounter.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WMWA

Act 1 in the highlands. Walked into a goat dude camp and got swarmed from all sides. Those shamans are a pain early on, especially if you can't get to them right away

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gamefreak9

Probably the invisible dudes in act 2 though my barb was SERIOUSLY under leveled, I think level 12?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli

@Tennmuerti said:

I'm halfway through act3 and haven't died yet, nor even came close ever, as long as you keep your gear up to date from time to time it's a breeze, even bosses have been pushovers. Think i have used 2 pots total so far. With a templar as a buddy and plenty of other passive regen my monk is just not getting phased at all. Overwhelming dps also helps when everythign is dying in 1-2 hits.

Yeah - as soon as I realized it's time to mix in some vitality gear, respectively buy VIT/DEX gear in the auction house, for every slot the blacksmith has a craft for - difficulty dropped again significantly. I'm at the beginning of Act III now, with about 3,5k HP, and nothing quite phases me anymore.

Guess it was mostly my pure DEX gear leaving me with bearly more than 500 HP - which I wore up the middle of Act II and my first death - that made the game seem to spike in difficulty as much. Yeah - it got a lot tougher to avoid all damage as I did beforehand, but as long as I can take some punishment with a smile, there's really nothing to it just yet.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Seppli said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Yeah - as soon as I realized it's time to mix in some vitality gear, respectively buy VIT/DEX gear in the auction house, for every slot the blacksmith has a craft for - difficulty dropped again significantly. I'm at the beginning of Act III now, with about 3,5k HP, and nothing quite phases me anymore.

Guess it was mostly my pure DEX gear leaving me with bearly more than 500 HP - which I wore up the middle of Act II and my first death - that made the game seem to spike in difficulty as much. Yeah - it got a lot tougher to avoid all damage as I did beforehand, but as long as I can take some punishment with a smile, there's really nothing to it just yet.

Ironically i just died an hour ago in act3 because i teleported into an area and went AFK for a few minutes lol.

Don't think this should count >.>

Redhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Redhorn

Right after my wizard said "A lone chest out in the open? This couldn't possibly be a trap."

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MikkaQ

@Seppli said:

@MikkaQ:

Still haven't gotten around to Bastion, but yes, that's definitely in the vein of what I'd imagine a cosolified Diablo to be like.

Yeah it has a slower start, but some of those levels mid way can have enemies spewing projectiles all over the screen, and you're constantly dodging and rolling around. It's got a good pace to it.

morrowjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morrowjo

Act 2. Still weak after facing someone with a taste for humans in the desert. Surrounded after following some invisible footsteps outside his house.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bunnymud

Killing a bunch of those turds that explode into a pool of acid...health orb emptied like a toilet

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By eternalshades

Act 2 Boss, was paying closer attention to boss' health than my own. Worst part was that absorption armor was off cooldown.

TheBostonPops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBostonPops

Act 1 final boss - kept getting pulled into fire and getting chopped in half. My wiz didn't stand a chance initially, but after a quick respec and new tactic it was a breeze.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By ObiKwiet

@MikkaQ said:

Those deceptively evil trees that shoot acid spewing plant-like mines in some field in act 1. Fuck acid.

Same here. I died before I even realized there might be a problem. Hadn't had to deal with acid yet.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Nux

Act two some place. I was playing with four people and got swarmed. Never has my Witch Doctor ever seen so meany monsters on screen at once.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By HadesTimes

It happened in the Fields of Misery, the freaking trees and their freaking poison. It's so easy to die there.

Nexnecis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nexnecis

Near the end of Act 1 for me. Kinda like in the Quicklook I just got surrounded and didn't think too much of it because it was so easy going at that point. Haven't died since, although Act 2 ups the challenge nicely so that I think I'm going to need some extra cash for the repairs soon.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bocam

Fuck the act 3 boss and his one hit kill move that I still don't know what it is.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Example1013

First death ever was those fucking asshole Moon Clan Impalers. They can hit me through terrain, but I can't hit them. I'm a wizard, btw, and it's fucked up.

Act 2 in Nightmare has led to multiple consecutive deaths, though. I'm sure being underleveled isn't doing me any favors.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Giefcookie

First encounter in Act IV. Just got absolutely swarmed and didn't have any escape abilities equipped on my wizard.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BRich

Lost my lvl 18 Hardcore Demon Hunter early in Act 2 when my teammates left and I stupidly walked into an area solo. But she is back and lvl 26 now.

Hardcore is incredibly stressful, probably got to about 5% health twice near the end of Act 2. I haven't built up the courage to fight the boss until I first see it in normal mode.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayzilla

@Sauson said:

My first death came from a group of random enemies in Act 1 because of lag. Thanks Blizzard.

UGH! Spoilerz!? Who is "lag" and why didn't you capitalize his/her/its name?!

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By happypup70

I died in act 2 on 3 champions that could burrow there arms into the ground and hit me with an acid pool. I didn't even know there were enemies there because they were off screen.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Capum15

First death, and the next three immediately after it, were due to the Act II boss and that damn two-hitting acid explosion thing.

First non-boss death was in Act III by some dudes who explode themselves. I wasn't paying attention and ran into a group of about 7. The second I realized my mistake, my health bar disappeared.

Kexpakki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kexpakki

Act 1 dungeons, i was in 4 player co-op and i ran off on my own. FYI, fighting 3 blue demons and a bunch of cultist on a fire trap is not a good idea.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Talis12

died a few times.. playing as a witch doctor so when i get boxed in by to many enemies at once and cant move its usually over quick.. more cuz of stupidity than anything else. im a rusher, i go full assault on everything in any game, which gets me in trouble sometimes.

the first real issue is imo the boss at Act 2.. those acid circles are hard to avoid

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gamefreak9

Although the barb, whom I made on a friends account died in Act 2(which I posted earlier). My own Wizard hasn't DIED YET! Wahooo. Just finished act 2 on nightmare. Though I should say i'm going about this with a friend, who has a monk, he is a fairly good tank. Also I have about 2.5k HP so most bosses can one shot or two shot me, but that's what makes it exciting to play as pure DPS as I do.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tennmuerti

My first legit death (non AFK related) on my main monk is now officially on Nightmare Act2 Belial, farming run no less, that was hella embarasing, i think my 50% dodge failed a dozen times in a row.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By Yadilie

Hardcore Barbarian. Act 3. Chasing a damn Treasure Goblin in a cave.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hilikus

Dashed into a large mass of foes containing a group of Walling champions, didn't go well.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By happypup70

@sideshow said:

died a few times.. playing as a witch doctor so when i get boxed in by to many enemies at once and cant move its usually over quick.. more cuz of stupidity than anything else. im a rusher, i go full assault on everything in any game, which gets me in trouble sometimes.

the first real issue is imo the boss at Act 2.. those acid circles are hard to avoid

What helped me with the acid circles was when I stopped trying to run to clear spots on the map but to newer circles. The circles get larger as they are getting ready to pop so I just casually go from one small circle to the next trying not to get boxed in. Once you get the hang of it the act 2 boss isn't really that hard.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By buft

@Oni said:

Act 3 for the first time. Foolishy rushed into a group of those exploding demons. They exploded. I died.

i hear that, my demon hunter was all pew pew when i thought i saw a treasure pygmy, they look so similar except the roll in bunches.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By freakin9

I'd say most of my deaths so far came from me not understanding there's a cooldown on the health vials. Generally my Wizard has enough get out of trouble fast spells that I can usually survive fine, but for a brief period I would pop a vial when I didn't need to then got caught in a moment of confusion hitting Q with no response.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deadmanforking

So far haven't died, only played 3 hours though...

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By intro

Only a couple hours at most in the game, no deaths yet.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Canteu

Hell, Act 1.

My monk tank was not amused, and is still not amused by hell.

I believe the death came from champs with the illusion, fire chains, vortex attributes. It was a mess.

That shit can actually kill me. I thought myself invulnerable against 3 player difficulty enemies up until hell.

Roughly 30k hp, 55% damage reduction from armour, about 40% from resistances, 20% block with 1500 value and about 50% dodge with lightning fist and cyclone runes going.

Have fun with your silly little demon hunters and wizards in hell kids!

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#50  Edited By project343

Massive lag-spike killed me in Act 2. Yay for singleplayer lag.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.