Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Have you played lately?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

I hadn't played Diablo since guild wars 2 came out and then resubbing to WoW, but I recently got an itch to check out what they have changed since last I played.

The monster power system is amazing. It lets you set how hard you want the game to me. I was able to beat diablo on inferno on 2 characters and have been slowly farming in higher and higher monster power. I've found about 15 legendaries since playing for about a week. Most of the good, and a lot of them I actually equipped right away.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RazielCuts

I'm wondering if this is going to make it into the GOTY picks, I mean it has to right? The bomb crew loved it the month it came out and went pretty deep on it but then it seems now everyone has cooled on it. Hasn't been a bad year for PC games with the mix of AAA and indie stuff.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Was about to give it a spin this evening.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BaneFireLord

Nope. Haven't touched it since late September. Probably won't touch it again, even with all the improvements. I got about 100 hours of fun out of it and that's enough.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By myniceicelife

Don't even have it installed anymore. Was fun when it lasted for me, but I have zero desire to play it again.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IceColdGamer

Only played through 1.5 times then dropped it.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gamefreak9

Like 2 weeks ago, I agree the changes are fantastic. I think they fixed alot of the achievement problems that were there. I dno about GOTY though. Its in my top 3 for sure though.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan
    @MyNiceIceLife

Don't even have it installed anymore. Was fun when it lasted for me, but I have zero desire to play it again.

I feel the same. Which is a goddamn shame.
    Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jrinswand

I haven't played Diablo since I beat it. I don't really find the whole "beat the game a million times" thing very appealing. I wish that there had just been a hard mode from the start instead.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Turambar

They need to fix monster power to be selectable for public games. That's my biggest gripe with it after all the improvements (which are pretty damn good).

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By gaminghooligan

nope. Struggled to finish it the first time, and while I understand their reasoning for the always online format, I still didn't like getting lag in my singleplayer game (note: Haven't played since around release, had issues with lag then, I have no idea if it got fixed in patches.)

Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

I'd been playing pretty religiously until a few weeks back when I got it into my head to go back and finish some of the many half-finished games I have sitting around. Not really done with it, though, I find Diablo's particular style of grind relaxing, and intend to keep going back to make progress on achievements.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gamefreak9

@gaminghooligan said:

nope. Struggled to finish it the first time, and while I understand their reasoning for the always online format, I still didn't like getting lag in my singleplayer game (note: Haven't played since around release, had issues with lag then, I have no idea if it got fixed in patches.)

that was just server overload, increasing the server capacity isn't neccesarily a patch issue :P. But yes they did fix it.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson

I finished inferno back around launch and then didn't play again until MP was introduced. Played it for a couple days and then got bored of it again. I vastly prefer Torchlight II for my looting needs.

I think I've played more Borderlands 2 than I have either of them though.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cataphract1014

@RazielCuts said:

I'm wondering if this is going to make it into the GOTY picks, I mean it has to right? The bomb crew loved it the month it came out and went pretty deep on it but then it seems now everyone has cooled on it. Hasn't been a bad year for PC games with the mix of AAA and indie stuff.

When it was first released I don't think it was. I was super hyped for it like a lot of people, but it wasn't what we wanted. Now? It is for sure. There is no game I have put more time into this year.

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SomethingClever

Haven't touched it or even thought about it since about a month after it came out. I got caught up in my memories of the first game and my hope for the new one but very quickly realized it just wasn't doing it for me. Still I played it nonstop for those first few weeks and then played the auction house game for a few weeks more (making a rather tidy sum of real cash). I should have remembered I grew extremely bored with Diablo 2 within the first month of playing that one too (though I still go back and play the original all the time).

I think regarding game of the year contention it would depend on how they view it in hindsight. A game that burns bright but fades quickly may not be worth talking about for GOTY, the lasting impression was pretty much "yeah, it was good and I played it intensely for a bit but then was totally over it".

Whereas something like Saints Row the Third, which I have not gone back to either is still something I have very positive feelings about and loved.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By fattony12000

Nope.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam

Never

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By murisan

Haven't played since August. No desire to play it ever again.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So I played it again tonight and I must say it's become loads better.

Monster power is superb, scaling and encounters seem way more based and overall I'm having fun with friends without being too severely punished for grouping together.
    I'm going to keep playing for awhile again, this is fun again.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pweidman

I go back and play it off and on. Played a public game recently and after playing zero public before, only friends, I came away kinda interested again. They have changed a lot and it is a better game now for sure. Seeing all the action on screen in a 4 player party reminded me how fun the whole concept is regardless of the 200+hr burn I feel every time I play. Loot still seems a bit too gimped and AH dependent, but I'll still go back off and on just for that loot lust factor and the mp.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm still pretty addicted. My mouse hand is actually kinda cramped.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Vonocourt

Got lost somewhere in act two when it was released. Played it like two months ago and finished that act, I don't even think I got more than ten minutes into act three. I was having a lot of fun before I got lost, but I haven't had any urge to finish or even play it since.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mellotronrules

i haven't touched it since june. i think if the itch comes back (which i'm sure it will, at some point) i'll check out torchlight 2. it was a pretty good first run, but clicky-clicky loot games don't hold my attention like they used to. might just be a symptom of so many games co-opting the concept of loot itself.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Marz

haven't played diablo 3 in awhile myself, the grind to kill diablo on inferno burned me out ( killed him before patch that made inferno easier on my Demon Hunter). Checked it out again when the Paragon levels patch came around, seemed allright but just wasn't wanting to play anymore.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By JCGamer

The issue I've had since the first few patches was that I really wasn't getting much good loot even when I beat the bosses. How's the loot situation now? Do you get worthwhile stuff when playing bosses?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By toowalrus

Nah, I got to level 60 and made it half way through Inferno...

I honestly don't get the complaints against that game, it gave me more entertainment than most other $60 games. Maybe it wasn't as revolutionary as Diablo 2, but it was pretty great.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By triple07

No but I may have to check on how it has changed soon.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Brake

I played the hot hell out of this game when it came out. Eventually I just kind of lost interest when playing the game basically devolved into doing loot runs in act 1 of Inferno. I have been thinking about getting back into it now and again and I remember being really intrigued about the Monster Power system when they first detailed it. So I might pop in just to see what that is all about, especially since this year is kind of winding down as far as new games are concerned and January isn't looking superbly exciting either.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

I thought about playing it last week, but had to delete something on my HDD to make space (100GB HDDs are the devil) so I picked D3. Kinda curious about the changes. Maybe when I find the time to reinstall it I'll give it another shot.

bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By bill

lol i just uninstalled it

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By management

I just leveled a Hardcore Barb to lvl 60 again. One thing I don't like is the fact that they have scaled back the difficulty.

You can easily solve this problem with monster power, but getting to inferno is a breeze compared to how it was and I don't look at it as an accomplishment to reach lvl 60 Hardcore anymore.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bell_End

no, but only because so much other stuff has come out since and not because of some weird internet hate or grudge against Blizzard.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By emem

Yep, I played it yesterday and jump back in from time to time (mostly when I listen to a podcast) and it's still a very good game, imho.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ajamafalous

Yeah, and the changes they made are great. Funnily enough, I wrote a sort of introspective look at it in another thread earlier tonight, which I'll just paste here:

Diablo II is my favorite game of all time. After going back and forth on Diablo III pre-release, I finally caved and got it free with that year of WoW promotion. I beat Inferno and had four level 60s in early June, two weeks after the game had released, before the patch that nerfed everything (1.0.3 I think?). I quit playing the day after that patch because, with the way they had structured it, beating Inferno was the end of the game. I left the game in disgust, and from the beginning of June through the end of October, Diablo III was near the top of my list of most disappointing games I'd ever played. In less than a month, I was already done with a game whose predecessor I had been playing since release. It was a game I'd been waiting for for almost 10 years.

Then Blizzard decided to stop being stubborn, admit their shortcomings, and fix all the places where they'd missed the mark in emulating Blizzard North, and the game became great. I started playing again near the end of October, and it's awesome. There are still a few itemization and design issues, but overall, it's much closer to the legacy of Diablo II than the product they put out in May was, and I'm hopeful that the rest will get ironed out in time now that they're on the right track. Diablo III is definitely up there for my GOTY list. It's not number one (that's probably Sleeping Dogs), but it's up there.

So, like I said above, game's great now. It's still no Diablo II, but it doesn't shit all over its legacy anymore. That being said, if you weren't interested before (i.e. you hadn't finished at least Nightmare and probably Hell), then you still aren't going to care.
    Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Christoffer

I tried out the Paragon stuff for a week but got tired quick. I decided to watch some streams on Twitch to see what crazy stuff people on higher levels were doing. Not to my surprise, they were doing the exact same thing as I, only with a couple of hundreds hours in between.

After D3 I played Torchlight 2, and now Path of Exile. The level of randomness and customization makes those games much more appealing to me even if they lack the same polish.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Grimluck343

I play it on the regular and am just addicted now as I was at release. @Christoffer said:

After D3 I played Torchlight 2, and now Path of Exile. The level of randomness and customization makes those games much more appealing to me even if they lack the same polish.

PoE is shaping up to be pretty amazing but I'm still not sure about the "map" system they have for the end game.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#38  Edited By Mnemoidian

Not played in a while, the Act 2 Inferno wall was just too tall for me to climb (got bored grinding Act 1 for gear).

I may try it again during christmas. Maybe the improvements were just what I needed?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShaggE

I haven't played in awhile, but mostly because I'm tired of going solo (none of my friends are into Diablo, sadly).

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I might reinstall it and give it a whirl sometime... But, I'm in no rush at all.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Mnemoidian said:

Not played in a while, the Act 2 Inferno wall was just too tall for me to climb (got bored grinding Act 1 for gear).

I may try it again during christmas. Maybe the improvements were just what I needed?

You could probably roll through Diablo, honestly. The game's default Inferno difficulty is multitudes easier now than it was.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Some of the improvements sound great, but the auction house really killed the game for me. I'd consider going back to it, but I've got so many other games to play at the moment, I don't see the need to.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Christoffer

@Grimluck343 said:

I play it on the regular and am just addicted now as I was at release. @Christoffer said:

PoE is shaping up to be pretty amazing but I'm still not sure about the "map" system they have for the end game.

I haven't played to the end game yet. I got tied up in the whole skill tree pathing and kept restarting new characters to try out new stuff. They're going to wipe the characters soon (right?) so I think I'll wait until then before I get serious. But everything I've played, read and watched others do seems extremely promising. Can't wait.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Christoffer said:

@Grimluck343 said:

I haven't played to the end game yet. I got tied up in the whole skill tree pathing and kept restarting new characters to try out new stuff. They're going to wipe the characters soon (right?) so I think I'll wait until then before I get serious. But everything I've played, read and watched others do seems extremely promising. Can't wait.

Have they changed the feel of the combat at all? I bought into the beta in June after I was disappointed with Diablo III, and I really liked the systems in that game because it was like Diablo II taken even farther, but man, the combat (while it plays like Diablo II) is really hard to go back to after playing Diablo III.
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By hockeymask27

No, Infact I think in the last few months I've played more diablo 2. Something about D2 and seeing game name lobby's made me more incline to play pub games. D3 I mostly solo.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Karkarov

Uh nope. Haven't in months, have uninstalled, and have no intention of ever reinstalling.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By valrog

I've been wanting to for months now (And I even managed to get to Act II Inferno last month) but every time I look at the icon I remember just how... tired is everything going to be. Diablo III lacks enough randomness for me to go back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.