Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dirt 3 is the latest installment in Codemasters' long-running Colin McRae Rally franchise. The game returns to the series' rally roots with dynamic weather, a career focusing on team-based racing, as well as introducing the freestyle event: Gymkhana.

Dirt 3 Screen Flickering during races only

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I started playing Dirt 3 again after a while on steam since CodeMasters stated they would move it to steamworks soon and get rid of GFWL. But when i started it up, i found alot of the bugs were still there like the random crashes, when you tab out it gets stuck in windowed mode. Fix those all easily with a little help of the good ole google, except for one that I cannot find any info for this exact issue. Its not screen tearing and it happens every race, even when i restart. Most of the times it will happen in the same exact spots of the race. My screen will start flicking back and forth as if my right analog stick is being moved back and forth extremely fast. Even when I move it to try and counter it without crashing as my screen is going crazy it doesn't seem to help. Along side this problem which I can get around by just concentrating a little harder on the path before me is that when i down shift I usually skip 1-2 gears or shift up I will do the same and skip gears which results in taking a corner in 1st at times and trying to throw into 2nd or 3rd but instead get 4th or 5th. I have been able to manage and still win alot of the races by redoing them and just overcoming the NPC's prior to the crazy game freak out but it is annoying and makes me not want to continue. Only game it happens on, I have f1 2012 and it works fine so I know its not just a CodeMaster's games are broken. I use MotionJoy with ps3 controller as 360 emulator and it has worked flawlessly with any and all games. I did not have this issue when i first got the game but I also haven't played it in about a year. I dont think its my pc as it is never has problems with any games that I have found and also I know people usually say something about hardware so heres a copy/pasta from steam of my setup so its not hardware. Any help on trying to fix this lil issue would be great as I love the rally aspect of dirt and dont want to be stuck playing just Horizon on 360 for my fix :(

PC:

i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

12gb Crucial Ballistix

EVGA GTX 660 SuperClocked

120gb OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

1tb Fantom GreenDrive External

1tb WD Black 7200rpm HD

EVGA X58 Classified 3 Mobo

RoseWill Bronze 1k Watt Psu

NZXT SEN-001LX Sentry LX Aluminum dual bay fan controller

Asus Blue-ray Disk Combo Drive

Samsung SynchMaster 2333HD 24'

Samsung UN40EH5300 40in 1080p LED Smart HdTv

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.