Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom Eternal

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 20, 2020

The direct sequel to the 2016 installment of Doom. Hell’s armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity.

They showed some gameplay. Looks awesome to me.

• 52 results
    Avatar image for yasserindiegames
    YasserIndieGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks cool

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@ntm said:

@sin4profit: The first Doom felt a bit like Metroid to me already, so if they're going deeper with the with the more open stages, that's cool to me. Doom 2016 to me felt like a cross between Dead Space and Metroid Prime, but faster paced if you will.

My ONLY caveat for this would be I don't want to lose any of that sweet, sweet momentum. Looking for secrets was about all I wanted to do that wasn't "rip and tear" (until it was done, of course), so I don't want to get to that place where I either A) can't find the way forward or B) keep trying to jump up to a ledge that it turns out is impossible to reach without the right equipment.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By NTM

@undeadpool: I don't remember if I said it here, I know I said it before though, but what I loved about Doom 2016 and am excited about with this new one is taking out every enemy in the level, and then, if the level permits it (which not every level in Doom 2016, unfortunately, did unless you replay them from the start) go back through it and explore every nook and cranny without the interference of enemy attacks. It allowed for me to take in the atmosphere a little better, while also finding new places which I enjoyed in and of itself, but also just for upgrades/collectibles. Actually, I noticed that on my Nightmare playthrough, I got enough stuff to where I felt good enough to just get through the game without finding every upgrade, so now I'm playing through any of the later levels again to find the collectibles. I don't, however, plan on upgrading all my weapons (which is technically all I have to upgrade fully though).

Most of the weapons are all upgraded fully minus the one where you have to use it in different ways (the last upgrade). I find that the infinite micro missiles on the heavy assault rifle are sufficient enough to easily get me through it so I find upgrading the other weapons unnecessary. That kind of went on a bit of a tangent, sorry. That said, yeah I think what Doom 2016 had was fine in how it felt like Metroid to an extent. Bigger, more interesting levels to explore is all I really need. Doom was good about allowing you to get everything right then and there, and I hope that's the same too. It's just up to the player's will to want to find these things, rather than their player character abilities. The map specifically, and just platforming is what reminds me of Metroid, as well as the boss fights to an extent. It didn't go so far as to make you have to find different abilities to find the secrets though which I appreciate. That said, if it did go full on Metroid, I am not sure I would mind all that much.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@ntm: I should probably replay that game again at some point, try for at least one step higher difficulty (I am TERRIBLE at the game) cause I explored very little. Blood got pumping and I just wanted MORE MORE MORE! which is to the game's credit. It was a smart move to gate secrets behind exploration rather than progress, and I'm just hoping they continue that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.