Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom Eternal

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 20, 2020

The direct sequel to the 2016 installment of Doom. Hell’s armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity.

Where's the coverage for this game?

Dunadain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dunadain

No review? No PC footage from Alex Morrie? Have they said anything I missed?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dunadain: There's 27 videos that they talk about this game in, including quick looks and podcasts. There hasn't been a single review on this site all year, and they've really scaled back on doing reviews in general.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@dunadain: Brad has played a ton of it. There is plenty of footage of them playing the game.

How easy is it to find that footage on this website is another issue, but there is plenty of footage. Also keep in mind that most of them are somewhat lukewarm on it.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Dreamfall31

I doubt we will see a written review for this, they really don't do them anymore.

Brad did a long QL, Rorie played in in a stream, both podcasts talked about it at length. Everyone seems to be lukewarm or disliking it noting the lackluster story, wrong direction in tone and the over-complication of the solid combat from 2016.

I'm sure we'll hear bits of it trickling in the next few podcasts, but if no one is crazy about it they're not gonna waste their time if they don't like it. I mean Death Stranding talk came and went like a flash of lightning.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who is Alex Morrie?

Don't expect to see much coverage. The crew has been fairly underwhelmed by the game so far.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm good, I don't need another video of them talking about how disappointing one of my favorite shooters of the generation is. Feels like we know what the site consensus is.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their is a quick look and some other footage, doubt their will be a review with all this quarantine stuff and them streaming 8 hours a day. My takeaway from what I saw them play, Brad likes it a fair deal and Jeff didn't seem to be feeling it too much (at least early on).

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

Alex Morrie is my favorite GB staff member.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex Morrie is my favorite GB staff member.

Brett thinks this is horseshit.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

@sethmode: I appreciate Brett's hustle, but he just lacks the gravitas of an Alex Morrie or Jeremiah.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB not writing a review about this game hasn't stopped MetaCritic from using Brad's quick look to make an awful sound bite(or I should say short blurb) out of it. In a sea of concise statements from each site sits Brad's "There's a lot here...I'm having a good time." It's wild to think that someone at Metacritic watched the quicklook, scouring for impressions and throwing that in and calling it day.

@chaser324: While Jeremiah is well spoken and thoughtful he barely knows what this site is about and thinks it's a site that makes videogames. Now Margarete, she's going places. Which places? I don't know but they certainly exist.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: I wonder if Brad gave them permission to use that? Sounds like someone just threw it together real fast to add more scores to the metacritic site.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casepb: No clue how companies like this interact but I imagine if some random communique from Metacritic came in regarding contextualizing off handed statements in a video that was meant to serve as very preliminary game play I like to think that the staff would outright ignore it. To say yes or no at that moment would not be beneficial to GB or it's users. If GB wanted to post impressions or reviews up on this game they would do it here in a vacuum where the public including MC can disseminate it however they can legally do so.

GB's DoomE impression is unscored so not sure what the point was to add it since it's basically a links to the wrong video lol.

tl:dr: I think Metacritic said fuck it and puts whatever up.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Probably won't be any more coverage, and it's better off. We don't need any more bad takes from the crew on this game.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I wouldn't mind seeing Brad play a little more of it than we've already seen, but there is a lot of the game on the site in the past two weeks. I just need something to make me think I have any interest in continuing to play it. I haven't booted the game since two days after it came out and I really don't feel much of a pull to do so...but I hate feeling like I wasted $65, and hate even more how much I dislike this game compared to 2016...I want to at least like it before 2020 is over.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@nodima: How far did you get? I was in a similar boat but once I got further in the game and felt like I had more options at my disposal encounters started being a bit more fun since I suddenly felt in control of the situation rather than wildly running around just trying to survive.

Of course having said that..I haven’t booted up the game in three days cause I’m too busy playing something from last year on Game Pass.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@humanity: It was on the ice planet, so level 3 or 4. I'd completed a couple jump-shoot the wall to open the door-jump type puzzles. It was probably 10-15 minutes after they introduce the snake enemies. The funny thing is I remember starting to get into a groove with the combat but then I gave the fight following that introduction two or three tries and just set the controller down out of exhaustion and haven't felt the pull to go back since. It reminded me a bit of Sekiro where I felt like...can I physically do this? Then reading all the negative takes on Marauders through the rest of the week just made me wonder if it was worth bothering to find out how I feel about them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.