Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Double Dragon Neon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 11, 2012

Journey back to the bodacious 80s in this long-awaited reboot of the Double Dragon beat 'em up series.

Are You Buying The Double Dragon Remake?

• 72 results
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By falserelic

Well I decided to buy Neon for the hell of it. Its downloading right now its on PSN for 10 bucks, or free if your a plus member. When I get back home I'll play it and give my thoughts about the game.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By leebmx

No it looks vile.

Dawglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Dawglet

I've played like 15 minutes and it seems pretty rad. It's got real satisfying hit sound effects and the soundtrack is great.

I DISLIKE LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH A VENGEANCE.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By ComradeKhan
    @falserelic said:

@ComradeKhan said:

They need to remake Final Fight on the Street Fighter 4 engine.

A remake of Final Fight would be cool. They should take the best aspects of the series, and try to put it into one game. I want the graphics to look good, and the animations to be smooth.

They should make it on the MT Framework engine and allow you to do all of Cody and Guy's (and Haggar's) moves from Street Fighter 4 (and MvC3) so you could play it with a fight-stick and be doing hadouken and shoryuken command inputs instead of just mashing the same button over and over. 
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By falserelic

Well I've been playing the game, it has flaws. Such as the sluggish combat and unresponsive controls. But overall I'm actually enjoying the game. I like the 80s vice city charm and the music. The combat is slow but its not bad, it takes getting use to. You can unlock perks and new moves such as fireballs,bombs and more. Pretty much this game is going to be a hit or miss for some people.

If you can get passed the flaws you can enjoy it alot. But if your kinda picky then you can end up getting turned off by the game. But there is a demo for anyone to checkout if your curious.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@GeneralZod37 said:

No, but for personal reasons. I really dun like one of the developers.

Does hatred for actors make their movies any less palpable? Just because someone is a tool for one reason or another doesn't mean they can't do something completely unrelated well.

Edit: For instance, Phil Fish should probably eat a shotgun blast to the face, but Fez is fairly well acclaimed despite the man's utter incompetence in other spheres.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By kagato

Ill give the demo a go and see where we go from there, i would have loved that remake of Bad Dudes to come out that was on Kickstarter but that was a non starter...

SuperPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By SuperPickle

This is not a fucking remake its a new fucking game its like calling super double dragon a remake

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By falserelic

@SuperPickle said:

This is not a fucking remake its a new fucking game its like calling super double dragon a remake

Ok........

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jrinswand

Nope. Sidescrolling brawlers haven't been able to hold my attention since I was a child.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@SuperPickle said:

This is not a fucking remake its a fucking new fucking game its like fucking calling fucking super fucking double fucking dragon a fucking remake

Fixed.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#62  Edited By musubi

I played the PSN demo. Didn't like it....

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By ToxicFruit

I have never liked beat 'em ups so no

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MikkaQ

@ComradeKhan said:

More like they need to remake Streets of Rage with the Virtua Fighter engine.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By falserelic

@MikkaQ said:

@ComradeKhan said:

A remake of Streets of Rage on the Virtual Fighter engine would be cool.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By ComradeKhan

@MikkaQ said:

@ComradeKhan said:

Capcom remaking Final Fight seems way more realistic than SEGA doing anything with Streets of Rage ever again... Don't get me wrong though, I think Streets of Rage 2 is better than any of the Final Fight games and it has some of the best music in any game ever. I have always wanted Axel or Max to make an appearance in Virtua Fighter, kind of like Ryu Hyabusa being in DOA and Cody and Guy making their way into the Street Fighter series. 

I have a vision of this game in my minds eye that would be amazing and it could reinvent the beat 'em up by adding fighting games levels of depth to the combo system. 
    They should make a new Final Fight on the MT Framework engine and allow you to do all of Cody and Guy's (and Haggar's) moves from Street Fighter 4 (and MvC3) so you could play it with a fight-stick and be doing hadouken and shoryuken command inputs instead of just mashing the same button over and over. 
    GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GeneralZod37

@Fredchuckdave: If Phil Fish said anything like that to me personally I wouldn't buy his products. You assume that because I said "It's a peronsal matter" on the internet that I am making a generalization without know who I am talking about. I do. The guy is a total creep and I wont support him in his endeavors. That is my choice. If I am missing out on a truly outstanding product then that is my loss. Though I highly doubt that my life will be missing a significant hole because I did not play the game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By falserelic

Well I beat the game earlier. Gamespot's review is pretty much how I felt about the game. For me the game turned out to be more fun then I thought it would be. The final fight was a pain in the ass, but the ending was funny and I enjoyed the music. The last level had like a groovy tune which was cool.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@falserelic: The final fight wasn't too bad, the penultimate fight is pretty damn cheap though. Recognizable patterns vs too much shit going on the screen at once. However I still don't get what the IGN guy was saying, this game is simply not that difficult. It's not close to the absurdity of the previous Wayforward release Bloodrayne: Betrayal which is basically Battletoads with infinite checkpoints (or Battletoads with save states if you like); even if you really really really sucked at the game you could still grind out the RPG element and make your guy basically 1 or 2 shot everything on normal.

Wish there was online co-op. The vocal music is all fantastic and I sort of wish the whole game had vocals since its close to that anyway.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By falserelic

@Fredchuckdave said:

@falserelic: the penultimate fight is pretty damn cheap though.

That was the final fight that gave me trouble. It was very cheap and got abit annoying. But yeah that ign reviewer was full of shit. He made it seem like it was the worst beat em up ever. The game has its flaws but it wasn't bad. I still hope the developers can make a sequel to Neon, or add DLC to the game. Btw I heard that they was going to add in online co-op with a patch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gawd dammit, I didn't wanna buy it, but then this showed up in my subscription feed

This game looks DUUUUUUUUMB! I guess I gotta get it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is delicious. This unprofessional douchebag from IGN who made one of the worst video reviews I've ever seen is getting absolutely savaged in the responses. I seldom put much stock in YouTube comments, but everybody are correct in their criticism of him and it's been a long time since I've seen somebody get bitch-made and told on such a grand scale for doing an utterly shit-tier job at reviewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vsNj3GJO8

Hopefully Mitch Dyer is confirmed for fired for this. Seriously, I seldom wish such misfortune, but he obviously is completely inept at his job after watching this video review. I even took the time to venture into the shithole that is IGN to see if his written piece was any better or could shed some light on his views that might've gotten lost in translation to video, but no, the guy is everything that is wrong with professional reviewers and I detest that he might even have the slightest impact on people's REAL hard work with this tripe he delivers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.