Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Don't waste your money on Dragon Age 2

• 108 results
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By melcene
    @SonicBoyster said:
    " Somebody didn't play the game, heh.  Just finished it.  Put 100 hours into DA1, I'll put the same into this. "
    That's truly a great way to put it.  I've noticed that a lot of the people complaining about the game also mention that they finished the game in less than 10 hours.  I think you're right, there's a difference between finishing the game, and playing the game.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By phrosnite

I disagree. The game is AWESOME! Worth every dollar. I'm 48 hours in and I'm close to the end. Great characters, awesome combat system(nightmare difficulty). Story-telling is great and the quests are interesting. Awesome boss battles... etc.

The only bad thing is the endless reusing of the same locals.

AWESOME GAME! I loved, loved, loved Dragon Age: Origins and I love, love Dragon Age 2 ^_^ Will be doing at least 2 more playthroughs. NERDGASM!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By wrighteous86

I think it's a good game, but not a great game.  It's the weakest Bioware game since Jade Empire, but I thought Jade Empire was "good" too.  I've yet to play a bad Bioware game.

Nophex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Nophex

I dont agree that this game is a waste of money..
    However, except from having good graphics and a good design it kinda sucks...
    ALL the dungeons are identical, the dialouge is recycled over and over, the combat gets old fast,you cant really go where youd like, the story is boring up until the last 30 minutes.
    The game feels like a series of irrelevant sidequests.. Now the game in it self isnt all that bad. But its not just a game; Its Dragon age..  I expected Bioware to put some effort and love in their IPs but this feels rushed and uninspired... 

Buy it if you want, but dont expect the quality that is Dragon Age: origins.

I have loved all the games from Bioware up until now, because this is game was a let down.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#105  Edited By Yummylee
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    " I think it's a good game, but not a great game.  "
    My sentiments exactly.
    prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By prestonhedges

the characters and story in the first Dragon Age were just as terrible

everyone stop bitching

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By metal_mills

It's flawed but it's still fun so far and I'm 7 hours in. No where near as good as Origins though.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#108  Edited By tourgen

I pretty much agree.  I watched a friend play it for a bit and I was unimpressed.  It doesn't seem to do anything new or interesting with the combat.  There isn't much craft or thought put into the design of the settings.  The characters looked O.K. though and the dialog seemed pretty good.  Anyway I'm looking forward to The Witcher 2 and maybe even Kingdoms of Amalur.  More style, more surprises.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.