Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

GB review?

• 56 results
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By turbomonkey138

soooo im guessing no review :< 

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @turbomonkey138:  Yep.
    But we have to understand that it is a small team and there is only so much time to review important releases like Ridge Racers 3D or Pilotwings Resort.
    This leaves more obscure titles like DA2/RDR without a review :(
    But that's a harsh reality.
    Ubik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Ubik
    @gormanator: Ditto.  I miss Dave's review of non-Eastern bloc games.  I heart DA2 and I'm hoping for a full review as well, but I'm not getting those hopes too high.  

Listen up, physicists! You need to start bending the space-time continuum so that these 4 guys can review all my games in a timely fashion.  This whole "there's only so many hours in a day" bullshit needs to stop. (Oh, and while you're at it, two words: portal gun. It'd be like a two-for-one special.)
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " @turbomonkey138:  Yep. But we have to understand that it is a small team and there is only so much time to review important releases like Ridge Racers 3D or Pilotwings Resort. This leaves more obscure titles like DA2/RDR without a review :( But that's a harsh reality. "
    The thing is, with the timing of the release of DA2, they would have been unable to get a review up for a long while after the release, at which point the review isn't really relevant, because everyone already knows everything about the game from other sources. The Ridge Racer and Pilotwings reviews were both timely, and thus are relevant. I'm also pretty sure it takes much less time to play and review Ridge Racer and Pilotwings than it does DA2.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Yanngc33

I'm gonna call a Red Dead on this one

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By emem
    @Tennmuerti: Oh well, you can only guess why they don't review some of the bigger titles. I agree that RDR should have been reviewed even weeks after release, but DA2 is no Origins and most people already know that. Just cut them some slack.. that's also kind of a cool thing, don't you think? They can review whatever they want and don't need to review every game like other sites only to get some money out of it.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Jimbo

Dragon Age 2 wasn't hand-delivered to their door by a chain gang of pretty ladies?  Also you can review like 5 games nobody gives a shit about in the time it takes to review DA2.  

On the other hand, why should they show any more respect for the game than EA showed to Giant Bomb, or in fact to their own game?

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By omghisam

A Giant Bomb review of Dragon Age 2 would be one of the following: Dave reflecting on how hollow the experience is, a positive review from an always positive Vinny, or a middling review from a somewhat detached Brad, Ryan, or Jeff. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.