Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Seems like the Dragon Age Keep is open now.

• 87 results
    kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dragonagekeep.com naturally. This lets you fuck with your saves and all that good stuff. Great for me since I never played on PC so I can just make the choices I want to have going into Inquisition. Messing with it as I type. Just wanted to let people know so they can have their stories together before release.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I have literally zero memory of anything that has happened in this series despite having played both games.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I wanna know if they figured out some way to get PS4/XBone saves imported from their predecessors.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThunderSlash

It kinda sucks that you can't just import your Dragon Age 2 saves. I don't find trying to remember the details of my past games very intuitive. I mean the Keep is useful for people who want to start a custom world without playing the other games, but it's not particularly well built for people who want to keep a consistent world.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I wanna know if they figured out some way to get PS4/XBone saves imported from their predecessors.

The keep seems to be the only way to get any choices carried into Inquisition. My characters from Origins and 2 appeared once I did the sync thing in the keep. It won't automatically pick the choices for you though. You have to go through and pick them.

Once you've done that you are supposed to be able to export the "world state" for use in Inquisition.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have literally zero memory of anything that has happened in this series despite having played both games.

I have beaten them so many times and there were many decisions on The Keep that I had no fucking clue about. "WHO'S CULLEN. WHAT'S THIS BUTTON DO. FUCKIN' ANDERS".

But it was still an interesting little thing. I hear they're going to do one for Mass Effect in the future. That sounds handy.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It kinda sucks that you can't just import your Dragon Age 2 saves. I don't find trying to remember the details of my past games very intuitive. I mean the Keep is useful for people who want to start a custom world without playing the other games, but it's not particularly well built for people who want to keep a consistent world.

Hrm? It looked to me like they were importing my DA2 save.

SemiDetached

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By SemiDetached

@2headedninja: It doesn't import your saves, just your character data - name, race (for Origins characters), gender, class, and portrait.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I messed around with it for about 2 1/2 hours, even going as far as loading up my old saves to read up in the journal on what I might have done (that didn't really work, since the journals aren't all that detailed and looking for something specific is next to impossible), so I just went to a Dragon Age Wiki, searched for whatever name/event the Keep was asking for and answered after reading up on it a bit.

Turns out I remembered at least all my major choices from DA:O, but only the last choice from DA:II. Kinda telling, isn't it.

@2headedninja: They import your saves only for two things: for your character's appearances and to see your achievements/trophies/which DLC you own. That's it.

Also if I am any indication syncing doesn't really work anyway, because it only registered about half of my stuff.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same. According to my memory, this is the summary of Dragon Age thus far:

Blight thingies attack. Morrigan is sassy. Dwarf politics. Anders. A horn guy, a rock guy, and an enchantments guy. A dog. The end.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nightriff

So it didn't import shit. Now I haven't played those games in years, do I have to upload them myself or something stupid like that?

EDIT: Side note:......reviewing all the things I did in Origins is really making me want to play inquisition now, dammit, they might break me with this.

EDIT: Now I'm just debating on playing through the games again for the hell of it.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By jadegl

I hate to steal another person's joke, but I had to since it perfectly fit and I literally had the same reaction for multiple people

"Ginnis is alive and well or Ginnis is dead?"

No Caption Provided

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7 said:
    @impartialgecko said:

I have beaten them so many times and there were many decisions on The Keep that I had no fucking clue about. "WHO'S CULLEN. WHAT'S THIS BUTTON DO. FUCKIN' ANDERS".

But it was still an interesting little thing. I hear they're going to do one for Mass Effect in the future. That sounds handy.

Oh so this might be relevant to a series I'm emotionally invested in? Dope.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

@impartialgecko said:

Same. According to my memory, this is the summary of Dragon Age thus far:

Blight thingies attack. Morrigan is sassy. Dwarf politics. Anders. A horn guy, a rock guy, and an enchantments guy. A dog. The end.

"Dragon Age 3: Morrigan is Sassy" sounds like a goddamn video game!

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching the synopsis of my choices in the first two games really makes this sound like a video-game-ass video game story.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impartialgecko: To the development chamber! *jaunty development theme plays*

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Hunter5024

@jadegl said:

I hate to steal another person's joke, but I had to since it perfectly fit and I literally had the same reaction for multiple people

No Caption Provided

Cullen I know, but Ginnis doesn't even sound familiar, and I've played through both games multiple times. Personally I consider this a good sign though. They're going into a lot of detail.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sterling

Is this only for PC players?

Edit: I guess not. It pulled in 30 characters for me. Across PC, PS3 and 360.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

It synced my PS3 stuff so it seems like it's gonna act like a cross-platform thing.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#20  Edited By tearhead

@sterling said:

Nah, as long as you export your world state to Dragon Age: Inquisition, and are online and connected to the same Origin account, you can use it on any platform.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#21  Edited By alistercat

Since I've been in the beta for a while, I feel like I should make some things clear since people seem confused.

You are not importing save data. You cannot use saves from previous games in Dragon Age Inquisition at all. This is a platform neutral solution that only reads character data uploaded to Bioware's servers, including achievements and some other misc data. The only thing it uses from those character profiles is gender, race, class and origin for the warden/champion player characters and lets you 'pick' from your created characters to streamline that process.

Nothing you did in the games is 'imported'. You must manually choose the outcome of the selection of events provided to create a 'world state' which you can then export for use in Dragon Age Inquisition. You can create multiple world states, so not each one has to have the ideal outcome. One could be all evil choices for example. You don't need to have played any of the previous games to use this, and having played them only allows for minor features like using character data to easily choose the warden/champion details.

You must use this to 'transfer' anything you want to have happened in the previous games in to Inquisition. Saves don't matter.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I've been going to http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki whenever I reach a decision I can't remember. Even if it doesn't help me figure out what I chose I can at least choose what I think I would have chose which is probably good enough.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadegl said:

No Caption Provided

Oh man, I just beat Origins and DA2 again in preparation for Inquisition and I can't remember who Ginnis is.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ruiner

Actually had to go through this thing with the wiki open. And I beat Origins 6 times...but it's still cool...

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

May be a dumb question: does this only work with Origin? If I bought DA:I on Steam, would I still login to Origin's servers? Is it even available on Steam? I didn't originally play them on PC, recently played Awakening, and I don't remember doing anything with Origin through Steam.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altairre: Apparently it was a character in DA2. :)

But there were quite a few names in that tapestry that I was really having a hard time trying to recall. It's crazy, but I enjoy that they seem to be tracking a lot of stuff.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can't seem to find my Dragon Age Origins save. They have said they will allow us to name one of the default Wardens but that feature isn't in yet.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#28  Edited By alistercat
    @nickhead said:

May be a dumb question: does this only work with Origin? If I bought DA:I on Steam, would I still login to Origin's servers? Is it even available on Steam? I didn't originally play them on PC, recently played Awakening, and I don't remember doing anything with Origin through Steam.

There is an origin login inside the game, through which Bioware collects character data. It's in all versions. It doesn't matter what platform you've played it on, it isn't reading save data.

Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Those of you that are having trouble with your character data not showing up, here's a post from their forums.

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/516886-how-to-check-syncing/

It was about an hour or 2 before my characters showed up, and I don't know if the steps I did here helped or if it was just giving the syncing servers some time either way, I'm ready for the Inquisition!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I went through it and was pretty much the same. Getting old is amazing.

Actually the one thing that I can remember is that my Warden died, and they seem to be intent on retconning that anyway.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Oh shit is the NDA for beta people up?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh shit is the NDA for beta people up?

Yes...

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Karkarov

@thunderslash said:

It actually is, you just have to remember what choices you made. I went through the keep myself this morning and it lets you choose the results of every major decision you make and even a ton of the minor ones. So if you know exactly what you had happen you can go from dragon age origins through two and just config every choice to be exactly what you want.

Also....

@jadegl said:

No Caption Provided

Ginnis is the chick who is the head of a mercenary company that competes with you to rescue the Viscount's son in Act 1 of Dragon Age 2. At the end you get the chance of letting her take off the Viscount's son or killing her and taking him back yourself. Depending on what happens has a effect on the Viscount's Son (Seamus was his name :P) attitude and can make changes to later game events. No I did not Wiki this, I just played through the whole series again recently to refresh it all for me in Inquisition :P.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember thinking the online connectivity in Dragon Age: Origins was kind bullshit at the time, but now it's kind of paying off since my save is long gone, yet my character data is intact.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me want to replay Origins and actually finish DAII but then I realise this would mean I'll have to invest another 200 hours into completing everything....

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

Ginnis is the chick who is the head of a mercenary company that competes with you to rescue the Viscount's son in Act 1 of Dragon Age 2. At the end you get the chance of letting her take off the Viscount's son or killing her and taking him back yourself. Depending on what happens has a effect on the Viscount's Son (Seamus was his name :P) attitude and can make changes to later game events. No I did not Wiki this, I just played through the whole series again recently to refresh it all for me in Inquisition :P.

Okay now I remember who she is but hell if I know that her name is Ginnis. She's super dead.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took me a little while to go through everything, but I was able to create my save with a little help from the DA Wiki. DA:Origins was easy to recreate, but it's like someone wiped everything DAII-related from my mind.

That was probably for the best, though. I'm ready to be overwhelmed disappointed by DA: Inquisition.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zeik

I spent several hours yesterday trying to perfect my save. Fortunately I just played through Origins and DA2 a few months ago, so most of it was still fresh in my mind, but there were a few things that I kinda had to guess. I don't think most of those minor decisions are going to matter much though.

I think this was a pretty awesome idea though. Even if they could transfer data across gens, the fact that they've had issues with data imports in the past I think this would still be the preferred option. I also really like that I can go in and modify any choice without having to play through the whole game again. It's also pretty awesome that you can import it to any platform.

I also learned a couple things from this I didn't even know were in the game, like that if you're a Dwarf you can have a child before you leave Orzammar the first time.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I remembered a lot of stuff from my initial ("true") playthrough of DA:O, but couldn't tell you about half the choices of DA II.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent a lot of time with today off and on. I ended up making a cross cut of choices based on multiple playthroughs. So no true single playthrough for either game. But I made the choices I did to see how it affects the new game more than anything. Things I think should be interesting if used the way I think they will be in the new one.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheHT

Nice. I'm scrapping all my previous playthroughs and making new ones up for Inquisition.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShadyPingu

Okay, barring some minor navigation issues, the keep works pretty well. It's a neat solution to a previously intractable problem. I wonder if they have something similar in the pipe for Mass Effect.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game Informer has posted this super helpful little cheat sheet for obscure choices.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/10/30/dragon-age-keep-your-guide-to-the-obscure-choices.aspx

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the only way to get choices into Inquisition, or will people who play on PC be able to import saves traditionally? This seems like a massive time investment considering I have those files on hand.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friendlyphoenix: I believe they said they might try to get save transfers to work on PC at some point, but I wouldn't expect it to be available at launch.

"Massive time investment" is a pretty big overstatement though. It really doesn't take that long to go through the choices that are available. You're not going through every single choice you make in those games, just the ones they deem relevant for import.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were really comprehensive with the choices in this thing, it even has totally irrelevant shit. Which makes the one omission I can think of all the stranger. For some reason there's no choice for how you handled Brother Genitivi after the Urn's discovery, and that was a choice that actually got a paragraph in the epilogue. Not complaining, but I can't imagine they just forgot it.

Also going through all the choices for both of these games in sequence really highlights how dumb the choices were in DA2. 80% of them are "Did you kill this dude you don't remember, or let him live?" I'm just killing them all, because I don't want to be reminded of any characters from DA2 while I'm playing Inquisition (unless they're smooth talking dwarfs).

Avatar image for royce_mccutcheon
    Royce_McCutcheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Royce_McCutcheon

I also got through Origins choices quite easily, then instantly hit a wall with II. Which is disconcerting since I only played that game for the first time about six months ago.

Even consulting the Wiki didn't help. Kelder Vanard? Doesn't ring a bell whatsoever.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Should I play Dragon Age 2? I've been wrestling with that question for years, and I feel I need an answer.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should I play Dragon Age 2? I've been wrestling with that question for years, and I feel I need an answer.

There are exactly 2 things in that game worth seeing. And the second thing is one of the most shocking and difficult decisions in any RPG for me. The rest ranges from ok to tedious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.