Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

360 quality

Liam_mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Liam_mk

I know that by FAR the PC version is the best version to play on this. But I have not upgraded my PC since Halo CE and I have no intention of upgrading in the near future. So I was wondering if the 360 version is still a good port. Thanks for your time.
    Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kraivyne

I have yet to play it on the Xbox. Tho I have heard from friends that the 360 is still a great game and surpasses most RPG's on the console. 

I am in the same situation as you, my computer will not run this so I will be getting it for the Xbox 360.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nekroskop

The graphics aren't that terrible to be honest. The only times I felt like it looked bad was in the 'City Elf Origin' story(which was the one I first played) Everything looked washed out and blurry, but after playing it for a few hours, I got used to it and now I hardly notice it at all. The 360-version is the worst looking of the 3 though, but I would recommend it over the PS3-version because of the more stable framerate(correct me if I'm wrong)

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Ashwyn

In my personal opinion the 360 version is a fine port, if that is your only option. The Game is great either way...

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Geno

Out of the 3, it's agreed that the 360 looks the worst. 

I think the requirements are rather modest though, are you sure you can't run it on PC? 

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MichaelBach

I bought the 360 version because i wanted to avoid all the potential PC problems. I think it looks fine and the controls were surprisingly comfortable. No regreats here.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cazamalos

Bioware game's are aimed for the PC, but the Console ports are acceptable versions

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maxszy

Its great on the 360. Ive put 28.5 hours into it thus far and haven't had any problems with the gameplay, controls or anything like that. To me graphics don't matter but they are good anyway. They aren't Mass Effect good (personally I think one of the best games on the 360 and made by BioWare) but they are just fine.

I think people are way to caught up on "oh this version is better than that" bleh bleh. Its BioWare we are talking about, they put out a quality product on whatever system. Your worrying is a waste of breath in my opinoin :-)

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Colonel_Fury

Yeah it works and plays just fine on the 360. It looks fine to me also.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

If you haven't upgraded your computer since Halo: CE then you definitely should get it on the 360.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Nate
    @cazamalos said:
    "Bioware game's are aimed for the PC, but the Console ports are acceptable versions "

For the most part, but let's not forget about Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2.
    eyehook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By eyehook

I just finished it (65 hours!) on the 360, and I have no regrets.  I was orinally holding off on buying it, because I was getting caught up in the PC hype as well.  But, beyond the fact that the textures look a bit dull (which is easy to overlook after the first 5 minutes), it plays great.  I would highly recommend it on the 360 if your PC isn't up to the task.  My only real complaint is that the font size is a bit small--I played it on a 42" HD TV, and I'd have to lean in occasionally to read the text.  Otherwise, it's great.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422
    @Nate said:

" @cazamalos said:

"Bioware game's are aimed for the PC, but the Console ports are acceptable versions "
    For the most part, but let's not forget about Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2. "
    ME2 will be fine for both Im sure, but of course ME1 initially was a console game first off, and got a PC port later on with higher textures and such. The PC version of ME is still really good and looks really great, save for a few textures here or there they should of touched up to look as good as some of the others. Being able to map all your abilities in real time makes it a much more fun experience I would say as well. Kotor was fine on either I guess, but was also kind of a console game.

Dragon Age is definitely better on the PC, but from people that I know with the 360 version, they still enjoy it plenty, so I dont think you have anything to worry about OP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.