Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dude....What did I do?(MORRIGAN PLOT SPOILER WARNING!!!)

• 60 results
    generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By generic_ninja

So I just finished Dragon Age Origins being mostly a nice person and there was one thing that made me just go...PICKED THE WRONG WOMAN TO SEX UP! 

The whole morrigan plot line I thought was really well done especially when it had to involve killing her mother which transforms into a giant dragon....But what really made me go Holy Shit! Was when Morrigan said this. 

"We will Birth a child which will then become a becon for when you destroy the Archdemon, Rather then a grey warden be sacraficed the child will the be infused with the old god powers and after this you will never see me nor the child ever again..." Im sitting at my computer going...Wh-what! Of course I chose the better option and said no to that idea and then of course she walked out on me...if anyone knows what actually happens at that point I would really like to know because thats just to crazy and to messed up for me.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

Every time any of you guys mention the name Morrigan...

I imagine Morrigan from Dark Stalkers being in DA:O and get confused.

:P

rohanspear345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By rohanspear345

i know it f'ed up one of my play thrus i wanted to sacrifice myself for the achievment and she was my only healer cus i murked that old mage in the tower without knowing she was a recruitable =(. if u do make a baby tho u get a seperate achievment at the end instead of sacrificing yourself
    generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By generic_ninja
    @rohanspear345:
    I used Wayne pretty much for the whole playthrough once I got her since she was the most incredible healer you could get and I used morrigan mostly for alot of Lightning bassed spells since I thought the shapeshifting sucked.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cstrang

Nothing really happens if you choose the other option.  Morrigan just stays playable through the end of the game, then in the epilogue they have something saying that someone fitting her description was seen in the wilderness and that she may have been with child.  Then the game opens back up to you (after the credits and stuff), and she's back but doesn't acknowledge any romantic relationship you may have had.

Chadwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Chadwick

Yeah... I wasn't a big fan of the ending I got.

I loved Morrigan. She was at Love +100. She offers a ritual but then I can never see her again no matter what I do? I declined the offer, hoping she would change her mind... but she doesn't.

Then it comes down to Alistair or me dying and I didn't want Alistair to die 'cause he was awesome.

In addition to having Morrigan walk out on me and then dying to save the world, then I found out that almost my entire party who I did all their side quests and had +100 approval ratings were never heard from again in some text based epilogue.

I loved this game, but I almost feel cheated by the ending.

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperBuster

When she came to me with the offer I flat-out refused her but the thing is, I still got the epilogue saying that Morrigan was headed west and she was pregnant. So what happened? Did she find some random guy after she left? Did she get my PC in his sleep? Did she get Alistair? If she got Alistair or me then why did I still die at the end? Maybe it has to do with Leliana's epilogue which states that she was going to meet her love (me) again. Maybe Morrigan actually did have my PC's child and I was only in a kind of pseudo-death. idk

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By dbz1995
    @animateria said:
    " Every time any of you guys mention the name Morrigan...  I imagine Morrigan from Dark Stalkers being in DA:O and get confused.  :P "
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warxsnake

i made Alistair do her and have a baby

(Morrigan doesnt sleep with female chars)

(I play female in single player RPGs cause i like looking at female ass for 50hrs, not male).

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10  Edited By Cerza

Yea that really pissed me off when that dialogue came up. I told Morrigan she could could go fuck herself and that I should have killed her sooner and then she left, which made me mad because she was my CC. I couldn't see doing her ritual and getting her pregnant because if you do that then the Archdemon isn't dead, which means the blight never really ends. A Grey Warden has to die to stop it and that Grey Warden was me, because after making Allistar king I couldn't let him do it since I knew if he died everyone would blame me for his death. Anyway, in my game she didn't get to do the ritual or get pregnant and went west to Orlias where she implanted herself in the Orlisian inner royal court thing. As I understand it she goes to Orlias regardless of what you choose to do and it leads me to believe that she will return as a villian in Dragon Age 2.

rohanspear345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rohanspear345

mmm i wanna c what happens now if i let alistair die now that i made him king. maybe i can finally RULE!!! not as a the queens biatch

Tenshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Tenshin
    @warxsnake said:
    " i made Alistair do her and have a baby  (Morrigan doesnt sleep with female chars)  ..  ...  (I play female in single player RPGs cause i like looking at female ass for 50hrs, not male). "
    That so does not apply to this game, I played a guy and kept the company of 3 lovely ladies. Well, Alistair and 2 lovely ladies. Ok, 1 lovely lady and 1 kinky lady. On the topic: Yeah, too bad you can't have the happily ever after, eh? Maybe that's not so bad, it's still a great story and Morrigan is a great character.

PS: And to be fair... well, she warned you from the VERY START that you would get burned. :P
    ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By ThePencil

I was happy enough to have my Chaotic Good-like rogue/bard/duelist charecter lay with Miss Hawtness and complete the ritual with Morrigan, knowing that even after she would leave he would try to find her again (ala that oh so special ring and it's two way connection) 

I kinda balked at the idea of letting somone else lay with her, mainly as I'm a big fan of the Player Charecter X Morrigan romance plot , it was fun peeling through her stern exterior and getting to that innocent gooey centre.....Much like a Cadburys Creme egg.

With the ending I ended up with it was generally inclined that my PC was following after Morrigan and their child, which seemed to set up a sequel rather nicely in my eyes.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By trophyhunter
    @warxsnake said:

" i made Alistair do her and have a baby  (Morrigan doesnt sleep with female chars)  ..  ...  (I play female in single player RPGs cause i like looking at female ass for 50hrs, not male). "

well I too share the thought of looking at female ass for 50hrs, not male and I did play a woman.
    but it does not really matter in dragon age, there is no female armor or sexy armor or anything. 
    My point is in dragon age once my lady warrior put on her helmet in a fight the only way you could tell she was a lady was her voice
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Gabriel

I had Loghain at that point in my party and I felt dirty even thinking of her having to sleep with him, so I declined as sleeping with her contridicted the way I was playing.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Gabriel said:
    " I had Loghain at that point in my party and I felt dirty even thinking of her having to sleep with him, so I declined as sleeping with her contridicted the way I was playing. "
    morrigan and loghain ewwwwww
    Aldrenar47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aldrenar47

The Morrigan thing threw me off too, because I was also playing a nice guy who was romantically involved with her (I was determined to get my Warden some action and it was either her or Leliana, and Leliana was just too goody-two-shoes even for my character). But in the end, I decided to accept her offer because her dialogue throughout the game convinced me that she wasn't truly evil, just completely lacking empathy. 

I mean, she was raised in the woods where she was forbidden to come into contact with people because it could lead to her discovery as an unsanctioned mage. So when she does things like advocate the use of the Anvil in Orzammar, she only sees the benefit and doesn't consider how it would feel to have someone force you into being a rock monster... but if, at that point in the game, you threaten to use the anvil on her, she says something to the effect of "point taken" and backs down (I think she gives -1 disapproval or something).

If you ask her how she will raise the child, she also says that she will teach it to "respect where it came from" and that it will be free of the taint that creates Archdemons. This implies that she won't teach it to hate and kill everything, which doesn't seem to be Morrigan's desire either. She obviously wants to use it for something, though, and nobody knows exactly what. 

However, I think there may be a clue when it says that she goes to Orlais, because Orlais is the home of the Chantry, which she naturally hates as they impose on people's freedoms (specifically mages). Personally, I think she wants to use an Old God's power to destroy the Chantry, which I don't consider an evil thing. Templars are kind of dicks anyway- they should be hunting down maleficars only, not putting every mage they can find through a test where they kill you if you don't pass. 

You can also tell Morrigan that you vow to find her afterwards, and also say the same thing to Alistair when he asks you what you plan to do after you kill the Archdemon. She can't totally disappear, especially with the special connection ring, so maybe you can find her later and make sure she's not effing up your kid.

So I actually think I got the perfect ending, where pretty much everything good happens (Alistair and Queen whatshername rule together and unite the people, the one chick rules the elves who are now curse free, Bhelin expands rights for dwarven castless, no Grey Wardens die fighting the Archdemon, the ashes of Andraste are saf-- oops wait, forgot to go back and kill the High Dragon! Oh well) and there is a little bit of mystery in the child. I don't know about you guys, but at the end of my uh, ending, it says "but that was not all that the land of Ferelden heard from the Grey Warden"... sequel hint? I think it would be the best canon ending.

Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
    PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII
    @warxsnake:  I'd normally agree, but no one has enough of an ass to make it matter in this game.
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zereta

Yea, I got that thing as well and took it. It was mind blowing. I felt so disturbed about it though

DazMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DazMoo

now i know this thread was about endings... but maybe someone took a bit too literally.... that said i too was disappointed by the lack of badonkadonk  in the game...

devilhorns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By devilhorns

im up to the part as i type right now where i have to choose. 
    read all ur comments and theyre good as, but i have a feeling that its actually flemmeth still and this is how shes lived so long 
    OORRR morrigan is trying to try wat flemmeth did and live on in the kids body when she dies, and since its half god or watever shell be heaps strong and might live forever. 
    the suggestion of her coming back in DA 2 is definitely up for consideration
    Kearyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kearyb

Ninja at the end after the game it tells u all this stuff that happenned to the characters and at the end of morrigans it says that she vannished etc. And she gone FOR NOW..... something along that lines u should read that stuff at the end it explains alot. But personally i think they are going to make an expansion where ur son or daughter is some big demon thing u have to kill or something along that lines. But that (for now) thing gives it away she will be back..

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eroticfishcake

The view/comments ratio in this thread is amazingly large.

Sorry, had to throw that out...

Puer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Puer
    @trophyhunter said:

" @warxsnake said:

well I too share the thought of looking at female ass for 50hrs, not male and I did play a woman. but it does not really matter in dragon age, there is no female armor or sexy armor or anything.  My point is in dragon age once my lady warrior put on her helmet in a fight the only way you could tell she was a lady was her voice "
    I know this is old post, but this is just stupid. DAO is RPG game which means ROLE playing. You like to play role of female being a male? Ok, whatever, but don't justify it with the desire to look at women a55es. You can just add female NPC if you're into looking at digital butts.
    Noxpectius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Noxpectius

Banging Morrigan is ALWAYS the right choice.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By wunder_

I just finished the game with me sacrificing myself... I didn't have ties to Morrigan; I was thinking of it, but I was playing a good character with my entire party being the Lawful Good path... (Alistair, Leliana, Wynne, Shale at one point...) I was a human mage and I was really thinking of the repercussions of this, if something like a Mass Effect thing would happen... What the hell would become of the demon-child?! I took my chances that Riordan would kill the archdemon... When the cutscene played, I was sad. But I knew that this would be a better choice than a demon-spawn wandering around Thedas... 

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By Atlas

Just play it again...and again, and again. That's certainly my plan.

Niniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Niniel

So my boyfriend is playing as a male warden, and I'm a female. He's ahead of me in the game and I am just wondering, how does this whole baby option work out if your warden is female? I don't care about spoilers at all, and I may not even finish the game, I just want to know. Has anyone else played as a woman and gotten to this point?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29  Edited By natetodamax

My Dwarf Farquad was a good little Dwarf but I did the ritual with Morrigan. I still don't understand how that worked.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By endaround
    @Niniel said:

" So my boyfriend is playing as a male warden, and I'm a female. He's ahead of me in the game and I am just wondering, how does this whole baby option work out if your warden is female? I don't care about spoilers at all, and I may not even finish the game, I just want to know. Has anyone else played as a woman and gotten to this point? "

You're asked to convince Alister to take part, which makes for fun if your romancing Alister
    Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Ferginator4k

Yeah that plotline was kinda intresting and i hope Morrigan returns at some point. Love her character.

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By threeve

I personally had no qualms with taking up Morrigan on her offer, and I let her know that I would be coming after her if she left.  The only regret I have for my character is making him a champion/templar instead of champion/reaver

AwesomeRory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By AwesomeRory
    @Niniel said:
    " So my boyfriend is playing as a male warden, and I'm a female. He's ahead of me in the game and I am just wondering, how does this whole baby option work out if your warden is female? I don't care about spoilers at all, and I may not even finish the game, I just want to know. Has anyone else played as a woman and gotten to this point? "
    I accidentally got pregnant with Ogrhen
    Lamashtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lamashtu

For my city elf rogue character (the only playthrough where I decided to go with Morrigan's plan) I had Alistar lay with Morrigan, still knowing full well what's really going through her head.  

On the plus side, I roleplayed my character and told her before the Denerim assault that I was going to track her down in a very stern voice and with a stone face, as well as telling Alistar that on my travels, I would be dedicated to hunting her down (with a wire-hanger if need be).
    Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rapture

my dwarf character made a Morrighain.

Avatar image for hcgjadeheart123
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

Morrigan was awesome! I declined the idea that she wanted to have a baby (to possibly sacrifice in my place) and she left!!!!!!!! She was basically the most powerful mage on my team, and I repeat, SHE LEFT!!!!!! Awwe well, I love the DAO story and I'm looking forward to Dragon Age Awakening.
    Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lawrens

I thought it was an awesome suggestion until the part where Morrigan told me "And I'll raise the baby myself somewhere far away" or along those lines, hell no, I rather die than letting her raise a kid, poor kid.

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shaanyboi

Getting with Morrigan is one of the 4 endings.  If you slept with her, she'll stick with you for the final battle, and you'll get a separate achievement.  No one dies.  

Otherwise, she's gone, and either you, Alastair or Loghain has to die.

marax_cousland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By marax_cousland

Will Morrigan become The Mother in Awakening? And her son The Architect

dylanderoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dylanderoo
    @DazMoo: you sir, have watched scrubs and heard carla saying badonkadonk.. am i right ?! :D
    SmacK1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SmacK1776

At the end of my DA:O playthru I knocked Morrigan up and she ran off with my baby all "Springer" like. Right before the end, when you can talk to everybody, i kept vowing that i'd search her out and continue our love story. 

My question is: 
    Has anyone played the Awakening expansion? Is Morrigan mentioned in that? (sorry if somebody already covered this)

irojer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By irojer

I made Morrigan shapeshift to a wolf and sleep with my Malabari war-dog, Goliath (since he's drinks plenty darkspawn blood, hes got the taint and is practically a warden). That way she could get preggers with his seed and their baby could take the Archdemon soul in the ritual. That way the Archdemon's sole could manifest itself as a truely wicked and awesome abomination and set up a sweet sequel.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#43  Edited By mike
    @irojer said:

I made Morrigan shapeshift to a wolf and sleep with my Malabari war-dog, Goliath (since he's drinks plenty darkspawn blood, hes got the taint and is practically a warden). That way she could get preggers with his seed and their baby could take the Archdemon soul in the ritual. That way the Archdemon's sole could manifest itself as a truely wicked and awesome abomination and set up a sweet sequel.

Best first post of 2011? On a two year old thread, no less. Well done.
    Byz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Byz

I just played through DAO for the fourth time now just to look at it from every angle.

I've come to the conclusion that Morrigan is selfish and actually quite heartless and yes... evil. You see, if you picked up from her dialogue from the very beginning it seems Flemeth (Morrigan's mother) was setting Morrigan up to be the body she inhabited, she was sending her out to strengthen that body through experience. Flemeth was going to inhabit her daughters body as she had done many times before, the mother, just like the daughter, heartless/ cruel. You have to be blind not to see that Morrigan's interest is only one thing: Power; and you handing her her mother's Grimoire gave her just that- The ability to extend her life the same way her mother did.

What a perfect host and container for her to extend her life than that of a God-child, what powers would she be granted by her merger "inhabitation" of it? Not bad for a hillbilly backwoods witch with a cunning of 11.

Someone commented that the Templars where bad men that killed you if you failed a test. I guess they weren't paying attention, if a mage fails the test of the fade they become abominations right? They are just doing their job of protecting the poor innocent villagers and good folk that don't know how to handle undead armies and demon possessed mages...

Morrigan is a smexin on you though- that makes it all better! :P

So the last time I turned her down and didn't talk Allistar into being her donor either... But she says "I have to do what I have to..." and runs off to ... do something..

Here's something to think about:

Theres one more warden donor in the castle that night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWjiN9RHgw8

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By valrog

I see the practice of necromancy is still strong despite the recent laws.

But yeah, I agree with OP. That bit really took me by surprise and I was just sitting there, looking at the screen with my mouth open and trying to comprehend what the hell just happened.

ikomrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured out early on that our relationship wasn't about love. When Morrigan starts to fall in love with you, she pushes you away because you impregnating her is supposed to be a business deal. Her dialog hints at this when you continue to say nice things to her and she tells you to stop.

I don't know what happens to the kid, but she does the deed with you and leaves , just as you said.

the most difficult part is answering Loghain's inquiry as to why the Warden did not die when he slew the Dragon. I shrugged my shoulder and responded that I guess things have changed.

I look forward to playing Witch Hunt even though I've heard it does not really answer any questions.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I uh... I uh ... I'm really impressed with how far back some of these threads go. Time flies.

Yukihana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Yukihana

Oh, this old thread contain such a stupid discussion which makes me laugh.

Morrigan is obviously not a good girls in DAO but she's better than the other.

1. It's been mentioned in DAO that she hide behind her sharp words so most of you needs to have some understanding in that.

2. Morrigan wants to kill Flemeth because she thinks Flemeth wants to possess her body (even some of you would think to kill your friend that want to kill you first than get killed by them) It has been solved at DAI which state that Flemeth can only possess those willing to be possesed

3. Morrigan suggest Dark Ritual since she didn't want the warden to be sacrificed (it's more if you romanced her), of course she got ulterior motives before but not anymore (at DAI) you can see it at her words (To Flemeth) "I am many things, but I will not be the mother you were to me."

4. Morrigan run away from you because she didn't want to love you because she's afraid to be betrayed, like her mother. You can chase her at witch hunt though

5. For those who state Morrigan to be a bad mother, too bad Morrigan takes care of her child and ready to sacrifices herself just to protect her child. (Shame on you).

6. those who state why morrigan got a baby when the dark ritual didn't happen (Of course, it's because you have s*x with her before, that means she's long pregnant and the ritual is just so that the baby can receive the old god soul).

7. For the one who post one yer ago (Play DA:I damnit)

8. Mother in Awekening and her son is the Architect? Use your brain stupid! how many years pass and her son become that old Architect?

9. The one who kill Morrigan and Leliana is a bitch! (You can see how much hatred Leliana have in DA:I to the warden if she's killed at DAO)

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

7 year old thread, hot damn, this thing just won't die

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does this thread have over 100,000 views?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.