Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Quest: Precious Metals bug? (SPOILERS)

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By FireBurger

Maybe someone can help me with this. I'm having issues with the Precious Metals quest you receive from the dwarf in Dust Town of Orzammar. I went to the Circle and found Godwin, but told him that I was going to turn him into the Knight-Commander, Gregoir. However, when I go back to Gregoir, there is no dialogue option related to the quest. I then went back to Godwin and went through the dialogue as though I was going to sell him the Lyrium, but then told him I'd "come back when I thought he was serious." Now, when I talk to Godwin, there are no dialogue options related to the quest at all. I also tried going back to the dwarf, but I've exhausted those dialogue options as well. The quest remains open, however, still stating I should sell the Lyrium to Godwin.

I'm stuck with 50 sovereigns worth of Lyrium that I can sell to a vendor for 13 sovereigns, but that's it. Anyone have this happen, or know what I can do?

Sorry for any spelling errors of the weird names...

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By FireBurger

I found no way of completing the quest properly, but I found a way to make back most of the money, if anyone has this happen to them:

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Teran
    @FireBurger: Well what were you expecting to have happen when you told the only person who was interested in buying your 50 gold chunk of lyrium you were going to turn him in?  Never tell anyone that until AFTER you've sold the expensive item to them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.