Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

The DREADED friend zone!!

Norbington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Norbington

So I spent my entire first playthrough of this game being real nice to leiliana, y'know buying her nice shoes and pretending I cared when she talked about her mother and the Maker and I got to the point where I literally couldn't get her approval rating any higher but then the bitch turns to me just before we're all about to probably die and says "You are a true friend" and I'm like "Maker NO! I'm in THE FRIEND ZONE!"

God damn that's like a 45 hour playthrough and if I ever want to get the 10G achievement for getting in her pants then I am going to have to play it all again with her hanging around talking about shoes and how the Maker has a plan for all of us but screw that because it's boring; I'd much rather pretend I'm interested in hearing about Flemeth and how the Circle of Magi suck balls 'cos at least I KNOW Morrigan will put out by the end of the game.

Also being an arsehole to everyone is way more fun then trying to solve everyone's problems; Morrigan is soooo right

rohanspear345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rohanspear345

hahaha yea i barely got that achievement first playthru on my second i just social linked the shit outa everyone make sure u do the character specific quests they help alot and give them gifts they like for like +10-20 points leliana likes religous stuffs and flowers

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperBuster

I had the same problem you had except I didn't get as far as you did when I realized I was in the friend zone so I started over. Basically Leliana has two tracks to 100 approval, the friend track and the romantic track. In order to get on the romantic track you need to correctly answer one of two dialogue trees. The first one you can initiate as soon as you get her and the second one happens after you do her personal quest.

Also, why settle for one? If you're crafty you can have Leliana, Morrigan, and Zevran at the same time.

Norbington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Norbington

I didn't expect it to be possible to actually fail at the romance stuff; I remember with Mass Effect it was virtually impossible not to end up with the blue alien chick

What gifts does Morrigan like?

Or is it not important because of her offer at the end of the game anyway?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vorbis
    @Norbington: The Golden Mirror, sold by the lyrium junky dwarf in Orzammar and the Black Grimoire from the Mage Tower in the first enchanters office. Her codex note also says any sort of jewellery.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Norbington said:
    " So I spent my entire first playthrough of this game being real nice to leiliana, y'know buying her nice shoes and pretending I cared when she talked about her mother and the Maker and I got to the point where I literally couldn't get her approval rating any higher but then the bitch turns to me just before we're all about to probably die and says "You are a true friend" and I'm like "Maker NO! I'm in THE FRIEND ZONE!" God damn that's like a 45 hour playthrough and if I ever want to get the 10G achievement for getting in her pants then I am going to have to play it all again with her hanging around talking about shoes and how the Maker has a plan for all of us but screw that because it's boring; I'd much rather pretend I'm interested in hearing about Flemeth and how the Circle of Magi suck balls 'cos at least I KNOW Morrigan will put out by the end of the game.  Also being an arsehole to everyone is way more fun then trying to solve everyone's problems; Morrigan is soooo right "
    I'm gonna kill Leiliana when I get my copy of the game. Bitch ain't easy to get into, bitch gonna die :P
    Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Vigilance

How exactly do you trigger Leilana's quest? I have 100 approval with her and the only dialogue options I've had forever are for her to tell me stories. 

On the other hand, we kissed, and Wynne gave me this warning talk about getting involved.  

Am I really at the whims of fate, waiting for a random encounter from her past? 

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MikeHawk

take this with a grain of salt, but i heard that if you get some characters to 100% approval ratings, they don't want to have romance scenes, or at least for morrigan. The key range is somewhere between 50 and 90. but this might be complete BS, i just saw it on the forums a while ago
    SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperBuster
    @Vigilance said:
    " How exactly do you trigger Leilana's quest? I have 100 approval with her and the only dialogue options I've had forever are for her to tell me stories.  On the other hand, we kissed, and Wynne gave me this warning talk about getting involved.   Am I really at the whims of fate, waiting for a random encounter from her past?  "
    Certain dialogue options become unavailable once you get Leliana past a certain point of approval. Some call it a glitch, some call it women. Anyways, your only hope of getting Lel's side quest is to decrease her approval of you until the dialogue option starting with "I heard sometimes that the minstrels in Orlais were spies" or something like that. Go out of camp, come back in and talk to her and she will tell you that she lied. Then the next random encounter you have should be a bunch of assassins after Lel and that should begin her personal quest.
    @MikeHawk said:
    " take this with a grain of salt, but i heard that if you get some characters to 100% approval ratings, they don't want to have romance scenes, or at least for morrigan. The key range is somewhere between 50 and 90. but this might be complete BS, i just saw it on the forums a while ago "
    I can confirm this but its just for Morrigan as far as I know. Once you get Lel to sleep with you, you can pretty much ask for it whenever you are at camp but Morrigna is uncomfortable with the idea of love so when she's above 90 she doesn't sleep with you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.