Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Warden's Keep DLC worth the $?

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ExcessDebris

I'm really enjoying Dragon age, and I'm tempted to buy the Warden's Keep DLC but i'm worried it's not worth the money they are charging for it. Has anyone here played it and if so care to share any impressions or opinions of value? thanks

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Teran

I don't know how much they're charging for it, I got warden's keep with the version of the game I bought on steam. 

As far as pure game content goes, I'd estimate it's about an hour, maybe two hours of content.  The quest storyline is one of my favorites in the entire game.  The rewards in terms of loot are quite nice as well.  I don't know for certain but I believe this includes the super man random event which rewards you with a very nice 1h or 2h sword if you bring it to the weapon smith outside of the keep after you complete its quests.  

If you've got a console version I'd say it's worth the money, if you have the pc version it may not be as eventually people are going t o figure out the toolset and produce quality content that won't hit your pocket book.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gike987

It only costs about $7 if i remember correctly. So I say it's worth it.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hilikus

Story/Quest wise it's short and sweet, no more than an hour i'd say. The story is pretty interesting though, as is the case with most of the quests in the game anyway.

The true value comes from the content it adds. My character got a new specialization (may be another one to choose from if you follow different dialogue options), a set of plate armor, and a 1h sword from the meteorite event mentioned by Teran above. The sword and armor lasted my character for the remainder of the game (Character was a Tank-specced warrior). There are also 2 new merchants, and the bottomless group chest is very handy.

I would say that it's worth the price.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Nekroskop

The chest is worth the 7 bucks by itself

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Alex_V

I'll tell you what I think... for only $7.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikeHawk

"I think that the DLC is (buy downloadable content)"

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust
    @Hilikus said:
    " Story/Quest wise it's short and sweet, no more than an hour i'd say. The story is pretty interesting though, as is the case with most of the quests in the game anyway.  The true value comes from the content it adds. My character got a new specialization (may be another one to choose from if you follow different dialogue options), a set of plate armor, and a 1h sword from the meteorite event mentioned by Teran above. The sword and armor lasted my character for the remainder of the game (Character was a Tank-specced warrior). There are also 2 new merchants, and the bottomless group chest is very handy.  I would say that it's worth the price. "
    I agree, and the quest though small it's interesting, and worth the price.
    Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Vigilance

I'd say it was worth it. Nice items, nice story, and after the quest you get a storage chest and a couple of good merchants. 

I just wish the chest was in your camp, rather than needing to travel up to the keep, but hey, now I'm just being greedy :)

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Definately worth it. I really enjoyed the quest. One of the best in the game.

Guillespie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guillespie

I thought the dlc was well worth the $7.00 bucks. The campaign was interesting and of course you get the specialization the merchants and the storage.

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By boj4ngles

I also thought the DLC was worth $7 mainly for the loot, merchants, storage space, and new abilities. 

On the story side, I'm going to have to disagree with some other players and say it felt a little recycled.  Without giving much away, I'll say it felt too similar to other Demonic Posession plot lines.  You won't see any new enemies, it did not have any immediate relevance to your main quest or any other region of the world (unlike the other DLC), and wasn't very long to boot.  It's also clear that when they made this content, (and there is really no question at all that it was made during the game's main development but for some nefarious reason did not make it into the final product) they didn't integrate it very well with the rest of their content.  It feels set apart, disconnected.  This isn't to say it was awful, but it definitely was not in my top ten quest lines within the game.
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By foggel

I bought it the day I bought the game, but I still haven't tried it. But it was only like 500 microsoft points.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By veektarius

In terms of $ for game, no, I don't think it was worth it.  However, they load the back-end with lots of good-looking, high stat loot, and when they do it like that it's hard to come away feeling cheated.  I dunno, I guess I automatically think NW2 whenever I see "stronghold" in an RPG anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahaisthisourchance:@DrHorrible256: do not get it.  The whole point of that was the chest and armor set, the armor isn't worth it and the chest your can download from user project on the social site.  It works at your camp perfectly.  I say get the DLC when it is  2 or 3 dollars.

They have to do better to charge us 14% of the game for a single quest.  Plus another 10% for the second incoming DLC!  24% of the price for 2 quest.  You decide.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FunExplosions

Worth it, although "The Stone Prisoner" made the biggest impact on my first playthrough. Something I left out brought me back to Warden's Keep in my second playthrough, and it seems to be an overall far-better deal than The Stone Prisoner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.