Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Who do you roll with?

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By juice8367

I like going with Alistair & Morrigan & rotate the third depending on what situation is.  But usually I bring Leliana cause she's hot...

Plus hearing Flynn & Chole (from Uncharted) banter back & forth is the best thing about the game.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrGetBonus

Got Shale for tanking, Wynne for the heals, and Gouken, my dog. I thought about using Leilana for the same reason but dogs before hoes yo.

Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Alphawolfy

I'm really not so far into the game, and have not met all the people that you can recruit, but so far I like having my dog Wolfy just because I like him, Alistair for humor, and Leliana cause yeah, she's hot. Don't like Morrigan's personality much, she seems to disapprove of everything I do...

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Phantom_Crash

Right now I got Allistare Wynne and the dwarf warrior guy. I think ill need to sub the dwarf for Morrigan next time i boot it up.

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By juice8367
    @Alphawolfy said:
    Don't like Morrigan's personality much, she seems to disapprove of everything I do... "
    Yeah that haoppened to me alot in the beginning, but when you figure out what she wants to hear, your gold.
    SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolemnOaf

morrigan, sten, and gwynn.  Their personalities are all conflicting, it's great.  My impossible dream party, though, would require a fourth mage.  It would go something like this:   

Main character - Arcane Warrior, Spirit Healer 
    Gwynn - Spirit Healer, Arcane Warrior 
    Morrigan - Shapeshifter, Blood Mage  
    Character that doesn't exist - Shapeshifter, Spirit Healer or Blood Mage (Haven't spent much time with the Blood Mage yet)

This party would be unstoppable.  If mages could backstab, they'd pretty much be able to do everything.  Arcane Mage is undoubtedly the most powerful specialization in the game with the right gear and spells.  Basically, one of my main goals now is to figure out which spells can be cast with weapons drawn.  Virulent Walking Bomb doesn't require the character to sheathe their weapons, but Walking Bomb for some reason does.  (This is a thread topic I plan on creating later, once more people have had time to come to the same realization as I.)  I have a suspicion that most of the healing based spells don't require free hands and some of the more powerful AOE spells don't either, especially the ones with a charge time like Tempest and Chain Lightning.  I'm going to have to literally force myself to play as a warrior character, because they don't really do anything noteworthy or particularly worthwhile.  I'll probably only do one warrior out of all my playthroughs, if that.  I'm going to make the human noble a warrior, and then get pissed about the annoying dog immediately after the orgin story is complete so I have an excuse to go back to my mages and rogues.  I hate DLC, but if Bioware made new content with another mage character, I'd almost be forced to buy it.   
    Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Cwaff

Main character - Tank
    Wynne - Healer
    Morrigan - Mage
    Zevran - Rogue

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Captain_Insano

Already a thread for this  

Please check the forums before going around making new threads

http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-age-origins/61-20738/dragon-age-totally-dragons-totally-party/35-271096/#34
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Vorbis

First playthrough:

Alistair - Tank, Templar / Champion
    Leliana - Ranger / Bard
    MC - 2Hander, Berzerker / Champion
    Morrigan - Spirit Healer / Shapeshifter

Hard playthrough I'm going with main char as mage, wynne as healer, zevran as assassin, tank as either shale/sten.

Pragmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Pragmatic

Right now it's me as a duel wielding rogue, Alistair as shield/sword tank, Morrigan as damage mage, and then dog.

I am just past the battle of Redcliff, and I was thinking about changing it up as soon as I get Wynne, and trading Morrigan out for Leliana and dog out for Wynne.

Reason I am trading out Morrigan is also because she dissaproves everything I do.  I could change my decisions to please her, but I don't want to change who my character is.  Instead I think I'll make a more mean and chaotic character on my next play through and use her.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NoXious
    @SolemnOaf:

Arcane Warrior specialization is my biggest regret yet. I rely alot on the Primal - Frost branch and the whole weapon/casting animation thing is killing it for me.

I personally roll with Alistair (Champion / Templar) -  Sten (Beserker) - Morrigan (Spirit Healer / Shapeshifter) and myself an Elven Mage (Arcane Warrior / Blood Mage).

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By juice8367
    @Pragmatic said:
    Reason I am trading out Morrigan is also because she dissaproves everything I do.  I could change my decisions to please her, but I don't want to change who my character is.  Instead I think I'll make a more mean and chaotic character on my next play through and use her. "
    Yeah she obviously seems to be more for those on the chaotic route but I just imagine my main dude is really horny.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By zyn

My party consisted of Alistair, Morrigan and Wynne for the majority of the game.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By maxszy

My party is: My Mage, Alistair, Morrigan and Oghren.  

My mage is primal/heals so I throw around some healing when necessary as well as use some health pots. Don't have anyone dedicated strictly to healing, but it works for me.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gargantuan

Me (mage), Alistair, Shale and Leliana

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Captain_Insano
    @Captain_Insano said:
    " Already a thread for this  

Please check the forums before going around making new threads

http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-age-origins/61-20738/dragon-age-totally-dragons-totally-party/35-271096/#34
    "
    J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By J_Weezy

my party rite now is me (rogue duelist) morrigan (ranged dps),  alistair (tank) and sten (big dmg two hander) rite now thats workin out pretty well dont rlly see a need to put wynne in cuz i gave morrigan a couple healing spells to use when i see fit.
    pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By pwnasaurus

wynne, sten, and shale i love sten and shale especially sten hes the best he has some very good quotes 
    Xenos_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xenos_19

So Far I'm Rolling With 

Myself - Warrior Tank (Champion / Templar)
    Morrigan - DPS Caster (she has the funniest banter)
    Wynne - Healer Caster
     Leliana - DPS Rogue 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Rhaknar

my char (a healing mage), alistair (tank), morrigan and shale (on his dps stance). thats what i pretty much used during my 46 hours with it (except when i didnt have shale, then i used either sten or the dog)

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Undeadpool
    @zyn said:
    " My party consisted of Alistair, Morrigan and Wynne for the majority of the game. "
    I'm still trying to hash it out, but I'm thinking it's gonna wind up being this since I'm a rogue (I desperately want to be a Duelist, since I find backstabbing not that useful since it only works against one enemy and I'm generally facing...a lot more than one, but I can't find the Duelist handbook), and I just find it too easy to get overwhelmed without Wynne keeping the main char's and Alistair's health up, plus Morrigan to do area of effect.
    Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Galbrezu

Myself - Blood Mage/Shapeshifter
    Alistair - Templar/Champion
    Morrigan - Shapeshifter/Spirit Healer
    Wynne - Spirit Healer/Arcane Warrior

I often took shale along though.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By eroticfishcake

I roll with this.
    I roll with this.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By spazmaster666

Depends on the situation but I usually had Leliana, Shale and Morrigan in my party when I was playing a warrior. Now that I'm playing a mage, I have Leliana, Allistair, and Shale instead (though I sometimes replace Allistair with Wynne). Lelian and Shalre are requisities for looting/ranged attacks and tanking respectively. The final member depends on the situation, but I usually just had a mage when I was a warrior (useful against crowds of archers), and another warrior when I'm playing a mage. When I get back to my Rogue playthrough I'll probably replace Leliana with another warrior-type.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25  Edited By Symphony
    @eroticfishcake said:
    "
    I roll with this.
    I roll with this.
    "
    I C WUT U DID THER

Okay so I lol'd. We're both nerds.

My team consists of Alistair (tank), Morrigan (caster dps), Wynne (caster healer), and my character (ranged physical dps / support).
    bradgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bradgrace

-Main Character (Tank)
    -Alistair (dual-tanking)
    -Morrigan (dps, cc)
    -Wynne (heals, buffs, occasional damage)

It's my Final Fantasy 1 set-up (Warrior, Warrior, Black Mage, Red Mage). Works so great with this game, since you usually fight large amounts of enemies and need two tanks to coordinate the battlefield, then mage with aoe dps.

Currently playing on hard, and I've only died once, and I just got done with the mage tower and just finished saving Redcliff. Might need to go to Nightmare.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Venatio

My crew right now is

Morrigan
    Wynne
    Leliana

And Im pretty pleased

Norbington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Norbington
    @Undeadpool said:
    " @zyn said:
    " My party consisted of Alistair, Morrigan and Wynne for the majority of the game. "
    I'm still trying to hash it out, but I'm thinking it's gonna wind up being this since I'm a rogue (I desperately want to be a Duelist, since I find backstabbing not that useful since it only works against one enemy and I'm generally facing...a lot more than one, but I can't find the Duelist handbook), and I just find it too easy to get overwhelmed without Wynne keeping the main char's and Alistair's health up, plus Morrigan to do area of effect. "
    I'm pretty sure you can be taught to be a duelist at the brothel in Denerim. The pearl or whatever it is called. There is a rogue there who can teach you.

Thread: I had myself (sword and shield warrior with templar and champion specialization), Shale as a second tank, Wynne for the healing (also had her as Arcane Warrior specialization but didn't use it much.) and Leiliana (Bard and Ranger)
    Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @juice8367: 
    Oghern, Lelianna, Wynne
    Mangaminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30  Edited By Mangaminx

On my first playthrough.. Me.. Mage, Wynne - Healer, Lelania - Rogue, Shale - Tank. 

Second: Me - Rogue, Sten - Tank, Morrigan - Mage/Healer - Dog - Dog

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SuperBuster
    @SolemnOaf said:
    " morrigan, sten, and gwynn.  Their personalities are all conflicting, it's great.  My impossible dream party, though, would require a fourth mage.  It would go something like this:    Main character - Arcane Warrior, Spirit Healer Gwynn - Spirit Healer, Arcane Warrior Morrigan - Shapeshifter, Blood Mage  Character that doesn't exist - Shapeshifter, Spirit Healer or Blood Mage (Haven't spent much time with the Blood Mage yet)  This party would be unstoppable.  If mages could backstab, they'd pretty much be able to do everything.  Arcane Mage is undoubtedly the most powerful specialization in the game with the right gear and spells.  Basically, one of my main goals now is to figure out which spells can be cast with weapons drawn.  Virulent Walking Bomb doesn't require the character to sheathe their weapons, but Walking Bomb for some reason does.  (This is a thread topic I plan on creating later, once more people have had time to come to the same realization as I.)  I have a suspicion that most of the healing based spells don't require free hands and some of the more powerful AOE spells don't either, especially the ones with a charge time like Tempest and Chain Lightning.  I'm going to have to literally force myself to play as a warrior character, because they don't really do anything noteworthy or particularly worthwhile.  I'll probably only do one warrior out of all my playthroughs, if that.  I'm going to make the human noble a warrior, and then get pissed about the annoying dog immediately after the orgin story is complete so I have an excuse to go back to my mages and rogues.  I hate DLC, but if Bioware made new content with another mage character, I'd almost be forced to buy it.    "
    Already done here.
    rohanspear345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By rohanspear345

morrigan leliana alistair was my first playthru very good party banter. i tried to switch around some ppl for my second playthru but my playstyle is still the same so i only wound up switching to wynne as my healer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.