Not much to say other than the fact that the game so far looks pretty great.
- The gameplay seems smooth and dynamic. It's like Mirrors edge meets Dead Island, only way better --- Pretty sure I'm the 1000th person to make that parallel but fuck it.
- The zombies don't seem like cake walks even during the day, which is supposed to be the time where the player has the advantage.
- Can't say much for the characters yet, but they do seem real and interesting, so I guess that's a plus. They're not to over the top either, thank god. I was hoping for a more serious game.
- Not sure if this'll be part of the gameplay, but one of the comments in the footage said to save the traps for the night. I wonder if this will have us set up and conserve traps, which suggest that maybe we'll have to memorize our own routes to know where all the important stuff are? Just a thought that occurred.
- The visuals are stunning.
- And fucking hell... I hope there are more giant sledge hammer wielding zombies.
Here's more info on what the game will be like.
- Biters/night runners- Basically regular zombies who go ballistic during the night.
- Volatiles- I wonder if you have unlimited UV light? Nah, given how they are focusing on making you feel helpless that would kind of be a bad design. Or maybe not, depends on the execution.
- Night hunter - Zombie Spider-men. Just look at how they get around and hunt you...you know it to be true.
Anyways, they seem really keen on giving the player contrasting experiences. Personally I love the idea of having fun during the day while cowering and hiding during the night. Plus, it doesn't really seem that cut and dry, considering that the game seems to be encouraging you to spend time outside, which, as said, grants you more diverse and versatile loot to beat zombies with. They can really play around with this concept in various ways, like having the special/rare zombies appear more often during night time.
What intrigues me is that they said there were three types of zombies, yet we've seen a 4th brute like version. So are there more or do these guys fit into the regular biter category?
Enjoy and share your thoughts.